It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump expected to lift ban on military gear to local police forces

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Still deflecting. Please refer back to my ACTUAL post and answer the ACTUAL question.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

If you want to fix the Antifa problem, you simply need to expand lawful gun carrying.

I may not look forward to it happening, but i can guarantee that no one attacking people around me will be walking away from the incident.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And I would hope that every one of the murderers who shoots people is jailed for life without parole.

You're not saying you'd "look the other way" if you saw somebody shoot someone else are you?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

If you want to fix the Antifa problem, you simply need to expand lawful gun carrying.

That is certainly one avenue.

Since this is ATS where things normally get blown out to ignoramus proportions are misreading and supplanting WHAT was said.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration Monday lifted a controversial ban on the transfer of some surplus military equipment to police departments whose battlefield-style response to rioting in a St. Louis suburb three years ago prompted a halt to the program.

It is ONLY talking about surplus equipment.

The new plan takes effect immediately and fully rolls back an Obama administration executive order that blocked armored vehicles, large-caliber weapons, ammunition and other heavy equipment from being re-purposed from foreign battlefields to America's streets.

If morons thinks that means m1a's,apache helicopters,or a-10 warthogs.

That's the clueless leading the hopeless.

Considering the epic failure of gun laws, and other regulations about explosives.

Batsnip crazy fringe political groups are very much dangerous.

Saw that with the Weather Underground to Oklahoma city, to middle east terrorists.

This roll back is a swiss army knife for ALL threats foreign and domestic.

Trump can do a lot of stuff.

Some people are trying to make a mountain out of nothing here.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

So you're NOT going to answer the question I asked several posts back then had to sit through your attempts at deflection? Now you're just going to ignore it and hope it goes away?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

And you got an answer.

One you didn't like.

Where there is a massive coordinated effort underway to get rid of an elected president.

A legally elected president.

I DON'T have a problem with it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

And you got an answer.

One you didn't like.

How does whinging about Antifa answer this:

originally posted by: Kryties

So let me get this right. In one breath you'll uphold the right to bear arms against "tyranny of the state" then in the next breath you allow the "state" to gain a massive advantage on you in terms of weaponry and armour but that's OK because it's against the "lefties"?

I can't WAIT until this comes back to bite you in the ass bigtime. I also can't wait to hear the hypocritical excuses you'll come up with to explain it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Where there is a massive coordinated effort underway to get rid of an elected president.

A legally elected president.

I DON'T have a problem with it.

Where were you when there was a "massive coordinated attack" on the legally elected president Barack Obama by the Republican party and the far-Right?

Hiding in your Den of Hypocrisy perhaps?

PLEASE say there wasn't, I am ITCHING to prove you wrong on this one.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Trump expected to lift ban on military gear tolocal police forces

And for the record.

LOCAL LEO doesn't have the equipment to deal with what's been going on.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Where were you when there was a "massive coordinated attack" on the legally elected president Barack Obama by the Republican party and the far-Right?

That is an outright LIE.

The right/TPM didn't even hold a candle to the violence that's been coming from the LEFT.

From Occupy saying KILL THE RICH,Ferguson,BLM saying KILL the police, to ANTIFA screaming KILL the nazis.

A constant escalation over 9 years.

edit on 29-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That is an outright LIE.

So you're denying that the Republicans promised to obstruct EVERYTHING that Obama did? You're denying there was a coordinated effort to make up a LIE about Obamas birth certificate? You're denying events like this occurred:

Outright lie? NO IT IS NOT.

The right/TPM didn't even hold a candle to the violence that's been coming from the LEFT.

See picture above. Explain.

From Occupy,Ferguson,BLM saying KILL the police, to ANTIFA scream KILL the nazis.

A constant escalation over 9 years.

Again, see picture above. Explain.

edit on 29/8/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Unfortunate, but alas, necessary.
Violent extremists have shown they have the financing and organisation to create chaos. Either the National Guard start getting deployed to stop the rioting or the police need the tools to protect themselves and ensure safety.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

And I would hope that every one of the murderers who shoots people is jailed for life without parole.

You're not saying you'd "look the other way" if you saw somebody shoot someone else are you?

Texas State Law gives me the right to respond to situations where I believe someones life is in danger. If i am armed, that response would most likely be drawing down on them and shouting commands to cease.

Protester or not, if you are causing physical harm to someone else you are putting your life in jeopardy. Seeing me (usually with my 19 year old son...we are always together) in a crowd, im likely the last person you'd want to pick a fight with. But if it happens, my viewpoint is im too old for that. Im either going to shoot, or take a big, honking bite out of your face. But the encounter will leave a nasty scar.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

He clearly wasn't saying that if you actually read his post instead of making # up. If some asshole attacks someone near you with a potentially lethal weapon, like a bike lock, you can legally shoot them in defense of the victim's life. You know that and you know that's what he meant. Don't be dishonest in your posts.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I find it amazing how so many people (not saying you, I don't know) who have spent years screaming at the top of their lungs about the "Police State" and the "Right to bear arms against government tyranny" are now all for the "Police State" and giving them more powerful weapons and armour.

Actually, "amazing" isn't the right word. "Absolute hypocrisy" is more apt.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Texas State Law gives me the right to respond to situations where I believe someones life is in danger. If i am armed, that response would most likely be drawing down on them and shouting commands to cease.

Protester or not, if you are causing physical harm to someone else you are putting your life in jeopardy. Seeing me (usually with my 19 year old son...we are always together) in a crowd, im likely the last person you'd want to pick a fight with. But if it happens, my viewpoint is im too old for that. Im either going to shoot, or take a big, honking bite out of your face. But the encounter will leave a nasty scar.

How long before some of those people carrying arms to "defend" against these types of attack start to shoot people willy nilly and then CLAIM that they or someone elses life was in danger?

Where have we heard this before? Oh yeah, when the cops shoot someone who isn't carrying a weapon, or who was half a football field away from the officer, running away....as a few examples.

There's also the latest example of the far-right protester smashing his car into a crowd of people because he "feared for his life" as some people have tried to excuse it as.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Don't be dishonest in your posts.

All I said was I hope murderers get locked up for life without parole.

What's wrong with that?

Are you suggesting we just let them roam free?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

How long before some of those people carrying arms to "defend" against these types of attack start to shoot people willy nilly and then CLAIM that they or someone elses life was in danger?

I do not know. I cannot tell the future. What i CAN tell you is that this question is what is known as a "slippery slope fallacy", and (for the reasons stated) isn't really worth putting much effort into trying to answer.

Where have we heard this before? Oh yeah, when the cops shoot someone who isn't carrying a weapon, or who was half a football field away from the officer, running away....as a few examples.

Actually, Texas State Law would allow me to shoot someone running from my home at night no matter how far away they stood. So long as I am still on my property.

But bottom line: there would be witnesses to any event like I described. And the witnesses could provide any detail that is needed for clarity.

There's also the latest example of the far-right protester smashing his car into a crowd of people because he "feared for his life" as some people have tried to excuse it as.

And we have juries and trials to address issues like that. You have just pulled out a rusty old bumper bracket from a 79 pinto and tried to compare it to an apple.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The odds of some people doing that would certainly increase though with loosened laws and more people carrying. I'm certain you'd have to agree with that wouldn't you?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Don't be dishonest in your posts.

All I said was I hope murderers get locked up for life without parole.

What's wrong with that?

Are you suggesting we just let them roam free?

Don't play stupid. You were responding to bigfatfurrytexan's post about shooting people in self defense or defense of another person. You know what you meant, and so do we. Again, lay off the dishonesty.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Again, lay off the dishonesty.

I'm not playing stupid, I meant what I said.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join