It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Grader Sent to Office, Investigated, for “Pronoun Mishap”

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You would really allow (have allowed) your first grader to decide what gender they are? I guess we have no common ground.

I'm not a rightie and certainly not alt-right but I find it shocking that people can hold the belief that we do not choose our sexuality (i.e. being homosexual is not a choice) but we can choose our gender. Maybe I'm just too old.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

You don't choose your gender. Your brain tells you what gender you are. It is a nightmarish situation when what your brain tells you is different than what your body parts are. No one chooses to put themselves in that hell.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You don't choose your gender. You're either born male with a penis or female with a vulva, period. All the rest of this is ridiculous horsecrap attention seeking and manifestations of various mental disorders same as medicine would consider a human being who believed they were a bat to suffer from.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ignorance (and hate) abounds. I'm sure that ignorance and hate is a great motivator for all those "attention-seeking" trans people.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22605088]Iostsheep[/post

I work at an organization that hired a high school kid part time. She insisted on being called a male and always injected herself into other peoples conversations to direct the conversation towards her sexuality. She changed her name to a males and at 16 talked about being so excited to have the gender reassignment surgeries and about going on Testosterone. Her parents were very supportive of all of this as well.

She is now going on 19 years old and I notice she is no longer wearing the boob binder she used to wear, she has not started on testosterone and not a word about the gender reassignment surgery. She has insurance and her parents are well off, so funding is not an issue.

I always felt she used the whole transgender thing as a way to get attention. I believe she is gay, but I think it is possible that one could definitely use this transgender issue for lots of other reasons than really feeling that you are another gender. What if her parents had jumped on board immediately and had a mastectomy and a penis created for her....

I do believe there are legitimate transgenders, but I agree it is absurd to do anything permanent and drastic, based on the whims of a kid. Or is it possible that it could be the parents seeking the attention in some of these cases? A sort of Munchhausen by trans proxy?

edit on 29-8-2017 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

You would really allow (have allowed) your first grader to decide what gender they are? I guess we have no common ground.

I'm not a rightie and certainly not alt-right but I find it shocking that people can hold the belief that we do not choose our sexuality (i.e. being homosexual is not a choice) but we can choose our gender. Maybe I'm just too old.

Gender is inborn. You don't choose your gender any more than you choose to be straight or gay.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You're either born male with a penis or female with a vulva, period.

That's the biological sexes. Most of the time genders match the biological sexes. And by that I mean more than 99% of the population.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I agree with that. Obviously there are mulligans that occur, but the rate of actual mulligans is so discrete, there's absolutely no logical reason to have full blown policies in place to deal with/appease them. Policies and facilities designed for the 2 genders covers even the most extreme interpretations of "reasonable measures" required by the ADA to accommodate people.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You don't choose your gender. Your brain tells you what gender you are. It is a nightmarish situation when what your brain tells you is different than what your body parts are. No one chooses to put themselves in that hell.

What if my brain tells me I'm Jesus. Are you gonna tell me I'm crazy or bend over backwards to accommodate my delusion?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Maybe she went to a therapist who helped her figure it out. That's why therapy is so important at all stages of transition, especially the early stages.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You would most likely be diagnosed with something like schizophrenia. There are meds that alleviate those symptoms. Drugs for schizophrenia don't work on people with gender dysphoria. It's been tried.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Is this opinion based on personal experience?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Based on what? If someone says they are Jesus, or that they have a demon inside of them, or any of a number of other things, they're diagnosed with mental illness. But when someone says I'm a man in a woman's body we say righto? I don't get it. Can an Asian person be trapped in a white's body? Hell, I'm a rich guy trapped in a poor guy's body. WTF. Other than your political beliefs, what gives you any type of proof about this? How many people in first grade want to be astronauts, or firemen, or doctors and don't end up being that? It's a goddamn child fantasy. And yet you'd let your kid make that decision for him/herself when he/she is in FIRST GRADE? TO me that is utterly insane. Like I said earlier in this thread, if an adult wants to do it, so be it. Adults are allowed to do all sorts of stupid things to their bodies. But it is a sign that we've gone too far when we allow a first grader to make that decision, IMHO.

Again, we have no common ground. We are both working off of our opinions which are generated by our world view, because none of this is based in any kind of verifiable fact.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It is based on statements by all the major medical associations.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

And this evidence is based upon the statements of 6 year olds?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: kaylaluv

What if my brain tells me I'm Jesus. Are you gonna tell me I'm crazy or bend over backwards to accommodate my delusion?

Pretty silly argument.
If a person thinks he's Jesus does that mean he's actually Jesus and could perform miracles?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

And this evidence is based upon the statements of 6 year olds?

MRI and CAT scans.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You just lack understanding of gender dysphoria. A brain can be born with either gender, regardless of physical sexes. Most of the time genders correspond to physical sexes.
Resorting to Jesus argument shows lack of understanding.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

MRI's and CAT scans show a different gender lurking in there?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Or a lack of belief.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join