It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Anderson Cooper’s Family Were Slave Owners – Owned Michelle Obama’s Relatives!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm pretty sure if we dig some of the right-wing ATS members backgrounds we'd find a few ancestors who owned slaves.

Will Cooper give reparations to Michelle or is she already too rich?

You might just find a few of them whose ancestors were owned by leftwingers ancestors.

Sure. Your point?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: neo96

Anderson Cooper When you remember that Anderson Cooper is a Vanderbilt — one of the richest and oldest families in American History — it’s not surprising to hear that the Vanderbilts owned plantations as well as railroads. What is awkward? The Vanderbilts owned the plantation where Michelle Obama’s ancestor Jim Robinson was a slave.

madamenoire.com...

Do you have any control over what plantations that your family owned? I am tied to the British Royal Family, and William Wallace, have had no one offer me cash.

Well lets see.

One side of my family was slaughtered by the 'white man' the other side fought against the confederacy.

So my family didn't own slaves or plantations.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Anderson Cooper needs to find a nice girl and settle down.

Is Kathy Griffin seeing anyone?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

How do you think their railroad got built ?

You are aware it was the New York Central, right? As in New York State?

It had no trackage in slave states, try again.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure if we dig some of the right-wing ATS members backgrounds we'd find a few ancestors who owned slaves.

You might just find a few of them whose ancestors were owned by leftwingers ancestors.

Sure. Your point?

You specified rightwingers.
Just helping keep an even keel.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm picturing you with that big a## hat while you say that.
It helps me not to have an image of Kathy Griffin.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Sure. Your point?

You specified rightwingers.
Just helping keep an even keel.

That's exactly what I was doing. The OP is another opportunity to bash leftwingers.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Always picture me n a big-ass hat.

Always.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Dont know that this is proof.

But even if they did, I don't care in the slightest.

I don't want him to denounce them or feel bad at all, even if that is what he would do to someone who's ancestors owned slaves (which I haven't seen him do)

I will judge him by his actions, not that of his ancestors.

I already judged him by his actions: the eyerolls, his "taking a dump on the desk" comment, etc. A high school student making announcements over a loudspeaker has more journalistic chutzpah than Anderson Cooper. He's a d!ck as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Try what again?

Really saying the Vanderbilt wasn't a billionaire oligarch ?

Adjusted for inflation of course.

Like all evil oligarchs where there is profit they're getting a cut.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Anderson Cooper When you remember that Anderson Cooper is a Vanderbilt — one of the richest and oldest families in American History — it’s not surprising to hear that the Vanderbilts owned plantations as well as railroads. What is awkward? The Vanderbilts owned the plantation where Michelle Obama’s ancestor Jim Robinson was a slave.

madamenoire.com...

Do you have any control over what plantations that your family owned? I am tied to the British Royal Family, and William Wallace, have had no one offer me cash.

Well lets see.

One side of my family was slaughtered by the 'white man' the other side fought against the confederacy.

So my family didn't own slaves or plantations.

One side of mine fought for the union, the other side, the confederacy. I have lost folks on both sides up to Korea.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Try what again?

Really saying the Vanderbilt wasn't a billionaire oligarch ?

Is that was this thread is about? His wealth? Read it again, it's an allegation that he owned slaves, which he did not. Other people in Anderson Cooper's family may have but Cornelius Vanderbilt was not a slave owner.

You just love flying off on hyperbolic tangents. Did you figure out where the New York Central railroad was yet?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Don't think a nice girl will do Anderson any good. Just trying to keep an open mind here.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Actually that is what the thread is about.

All of which means Anderson Cooper has benefited financially with greatly improved socio-economic standing via an empire literally built upon the backs of American slaves.

(post by BubbaJoe removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Since you probably didn't read the Original Post before you got all frothy and foamy let me give you the important part:

Cooper’s great-great grandfather, Cornelius Vanderbilt, owned several plantations, including a South Carolina plantation where Michelle (Robinson) Obama’s ancestor Jim Robinson was born.

That is not historically accurate, Cornelius Vanderbilt did not own slaves. Now that we have that cleared up do you need me to help you with the geography deficiency you displayed earlier?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

9 White Celebs, World Leaders Whose Families Owned Slaves

President Obama

According to research by the Baltimore Sun, one of Obama’s ancestors, George Washington Overall, owned two slaves who were recorded in the 1850 census in Nelson County, Ky.

The same records indicate that another Obama’s ancestors, Mary Duvall, also owned two slaves.

atlantablackstar.com...

According to this, in addition to Obama... David Cameron, both Bushs and John McCain's families all owned slaves.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

How bout watching the video of Cooper saying they OWNED SLAVES.

Too much to ask?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

edit on 21-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

How bout watching the video of Cooper saying they OWNED SLAVES.

Too much to ask?

I watched it and replied to you already. Did you not read that too? Jesus, Neo, I cant hold your hand in every thread, I have a real job you know.

So, being that you obviously didn't pay attention to my very short reply, it was not about Cornelius Vanderbilt which is who the source in the Original Post is claiming as the slave owner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join