It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Step 1 , read a dictionary and learn what geosynchronous means

Hint, it doesnt mean geostationary.

I have said , look up the definition of geostationary orbit

No, you said geosynchronous. Lol. Do you perhaps have no clue what is what?
edit on 16-8-2019 by InfiniteTrinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Like I said, bye Carpy! Bye.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Seriously you can do this experiment at home if you are so inclined

Take an object and make it rotate , then get another object and make its orbital speed match the objects rotational speed and hey presto , it will follow the larger object around magically "fixed" in position

even easier

goto a kids play park , find the merry go round , put a black mark on the deck or pole with a marker , spin it fast , and then run along at the same speed, and you will find that you are following the same section around next to the mark you made

Seriously not hard at all to grasp , yet you cant seem to put that together !

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InfiniteTrinity

yet the two are linked entirely !

to get a geostationary orbit , you must make a satellite geosynchronous !

but the simplest explanation of that concept is the merry go round !

even a kid could understand that !

if you have a kid , put him on the horse and watch him go round, then run along at the same speed as your kid , and you will find you are following the same position , its the same concept !

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Take an object and make it rotate , then get another object and make its orbital speed match the objects rotational speed and hey presto , it will follow the larger object around magically "fixed" in position

I didnt argue that it wouldnt. I asked you to explain HOW it does this. How is it maintaining a curved trajectory through space, without falling around Earth curvature, which would be needed to maintain a curved trajectory through space.

How many times have I spelled it out for you people now.

I'm beginning to think its not just cognitive dissonance but also a lack of raw brain power.

Now you either explain this or you automatically admit geostationary orbits are bunk.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

to get a geostationary orbit , you must make a satellite geosynchronous !

Complete BS. Two different things.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

See what I mean?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

the two are linked , you cant put a satellite into geostationary orbit around an object without it becoming geosynchronous.

As for a satellite in geostationary orbit , the satellite is falling around the curvature of the earth hence why its called an orbit , but that orbit is also geosynchronous , in that its orbital speed is the same as the objects rotational speed

Ok

an orbit , is the curved trajectory of an object around another object due to gravity

So object A , (earth ) , Object B (satellite )

Put an object B into orbit around object A

object B will continue to fall around the curvature of the earth due to gravity, if the orbit is stable, then the object B will continue to fall forever orbiting the earth.

Now , put Object B into a geosnychronous state with object A , and that means that the Object B has an Orbital Speed which matches the rotational speed of the Earth .

It will continue to fall in around the curvature of the earth , fixed in this position , because the speed of the object B's orbit matches earths rotation , gravity does the rest , as it would if it was in a normal orbit , and not geostationary !

I hope that explanation was sufficient

of course, this requires adherence to the gravitational field theory!
which is sorely lacking in flat earth models !

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

the satellite does fall around the earths curvature due to gravity

but the satellite remains in a stable orbit !

and that orbit is also geo synched to earths rotational speed , meaning it retains its position!

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Please respond back when you are able to differentiate between geostationary and geosynchronous.

Oh and thanks for admitting that geostationary orbits are bunk.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

the(geostationary) satellite does fall around the earths curvature due to gravity

Simply amazing.

Wooooosh!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ah - found some:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, geostationary orbits thorroughly debunked then.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

yes the difference between the two again is just an understanding of english language not orbital mechanics or gravitational field theory!

Geostationary relates to the satellite being fixed over a lattitude and longitude of the earths surface
it absolute position above the earths surface remains fixed.

Geosynchronous , means an object or satellite has the same rotational speed of the object that it is orbiting.

In order to obtain a geostationary orbit, a satellite must first become geosynchronous with the object that it is orbiting.

It isnt hard , its not physics its plain english and reading comprehension!

Of course the whole thing underpinning these concepts , is the gravitational field theory.

You need to adhere to that theory in order for this to make any sense , so if you dont believe in gravity or are ignorant of objective facts of the natural phenomenon that presents itself to us then you would likley not accept the two concepts entirely.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Infinity it will only be debunked when you provide evidence to the contrary !

We wont hold our breath as you will be hard pressed to find any evidence which contradicts the currently held theory of gravity.

If millions of scientists world wide cant find any evidence to the contrary I find it extremely difficult to accept that anyone from youtube or you for example could provide such evidence.

The onus is on you infinity to provide such evidence , science isnt here to convince you otherwise , it is up to you to see the objective facts for yourself and conclude like many other humans before you that this is at least the truth of the matter.

Of course there is completely more to gravity than we currently comprehend , so all truths are really but half truths!
and science knows this , hence its drive to improve and expand upon our present understanding of the natural phenomenon we call gravity!

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Geostationary relates to the satellite being fixed over a lattitude and longitude of the earths surface it absolute position above the earths surface remains fixed.

This is what we are discussing. Not geosynchronous orbit.

Can you now explain how it maintains its curved trajectory through space without falling along Earth curvature, like I have asked 10 times now, and is the only thing you need to explain? Because you failed to touch it, again. What a surprise.

Geostationary orbits debunked.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Btw, sapien82......can you use punctuation and capitalisation..........something quite familiar about your derilict style, I just can't put my finger on it. I can't do that.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
it really is not complex ,

Geostationary relates to a satellites position

geo synchronicity relates to a satellites velocity

the two are differnt factors but are related

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

it really is not complex ,

No, its not relevant in the first place, is what it is. I wasnt talking about geosynchronous orbits. You are.

Can you now answer the question.

Can you now explain how it maintains its curved trajectory through space without falling along Earth curvature,

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Wth is this post? What is this random drivel?

Answer the question please. That is all that is asked of you.

It should be no problem to explain this.

If noone can, then geostationary orbits are debunked.

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join