It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Inconvenient Truth About the Democratic Party

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He also wanted a "trillion dollar infrastructure program".

Welp, that never happened during his time in the WH. Actually, NOTHING Bannon wanted to achieve while at the WH happened.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It lays out the tactics the Democratic party used in order to keep blacks from integrating into society and their attempts to prevent blacks from gaining rights.

The policy of the whole establishment, not just 'democrats'.

Adding, cheap rent draws poor people, so do liquor stores on every corner, proliferation of drugs, gangs, lack of jobs, poor city maintenance, poor education, poor policing.

loosely termed the Ghetto...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Defended Slavery:

The entire South was Democrat at that time. What's the dominant ideology of people in the South? It's consistently been Right-Wing based hasn't it? Why would they vote for a Liberal party?

Mental illness and frail emotions of the left are being exposed.

Look you cannot even imagine a reason or a world where your opinion is not the charter truth.

Uncomfortable denialist, you have no chance, we will make you see the damage you are doing...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah the southern democrats were all slave owners. And the republicans were against slavery and oppression.
Those parties do not exist any longer.
They've basically switched paradigms.
Learn some history before you start putting people into boxes.
You know damn well that the left mostly represents freedom not oppression.

You're just being inflammatory.
You guys are all about that on here now that you've been sanctified by your white supremacist king trumpsterfire.
Its all open season for spreading hateful messages and keeping people divided.

The left THINKS they represent freedom however they are entirely controlled by emotion which is manipulated by evil...entirely feminine energy which is not known for logic or leadership.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, the simplified version is this :

The Democrats want people to believe that the Republicans, who fought them tooth and nail to get civil rights for minorities, somehow convinced all the racists in the south to join their party. Because, you know, the logical thing to do is to turn against your hard fought beliefs and join the enemy.

What happened was, that the members of the Democrat party in the south that were not into the whole denying minorities their rights, joined with Republicans. The rest voted along economic lines, with the well off voting Republican, while the poor voted Democrat.

But the left wants you to believe that after that, the Republicans somehow became this massive racist party. But, the reality is Democrats changed THEIR strategy, and used a platform of appeasement, and government handouts to keep those minorities and poor whites underfoot. Look up LBJ's quotes on that.

The only party shift, was the Dems changing their strategy, and getting people to believe they are fighting FOR them, when they are actually keeping them down.

Those Darn Republicans, wanting people to work for a living. How evil they are. What poor person wouldn't vote for the party giving them free stuff?
edit on 20-8-2017 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The following video lays out the facts about slavery, the KKK and the Democratic parties involvement in suppressing the rights of black people. It starts with Abraham Lincoln and ends with Lyndon B. Johnson. It lays out the tactics the Democratic party used in order to keep blacks from integrating into society and their attempts to prevent blacks from gaining rights.

A good watch if you have 6 free minutes.

As I stated before - Black people voting for Democrats would be like having Jews voting for the SS.

HOLY COW, that was an overwhelming way to see that stated. A black Law Professor at Vanderbilt U who was in the news for retiring recently. She was drawing heat for this position and was able to retire. I hope she runs for Senate against Corker!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The really inconvenient truth about when the Democratic did those things... they were the Right Wing party.

They were?

No they were Democrats and the left wing party. Regardless though it doesnt change the facts.

In Political Science 101 at the Uni, the Professor said the left extreme and the right extreme are so close to believing the same type of totalitarianism that they essentially become the same in a full circle. Was a question on a test. I mishandled it at the time and going over the answers later understood what the reasons were better....

edit on 20-8-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I stopped when the claim was Republicans were founded as an anti slavery party.

Before you get upset, I am a registered republican

So you do realize that this statement is true?

It might be it was more like Ahn Rand's depiction of the elite in "Atlas Shrugged" where the elite Christians who became R's felt the little people needed their wisdom for some of you all. But, the idea of "All Men are Free" is what I think it was about really.
edit on 20-8-2017 by Justoneman because: ETA

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: seasonal

This is why we should not have 6 large corps control almost all we see, hear and read. The media lies to further their own agenda.

Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

That's the way capitalism works. What would you rather have as the alternative?

Oh no, protecting the public from that is why we have laws for monopolies actually. Without those protections, we lose the free market. It then becomes total takeover by the uber rich. Which is what appears to be happening. We need a reset on corporations going all monopolistic.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

As I stated before - Black people voting for Democrats would be like having Jews voting for the SS.

This right here is one of the more stupid comments I've read on ATS.

How could it possible be a tiny bit untrue? This Black Professor who is VERY intelligent just laid it out in plain English. Google will be your friend if you put her statements in and do an honest search.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The really inconvenient truth about when the Democratic did those things... they were the Right Wing party.

Twist it any way you want. Doesn't change the fact that the Nazis looked to the Democrats and Jim Crowe laws as the basis for Nuremberg Laws.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
You guys do realize that the name of the party is not what matters right?

Its the Ideology.

The Parties switched Ideologies at mid century.

The Liberals became the Democrats (because the Republicans were Liberal) and the Conservatives became the Republicans.

They all switched teams.

So yeah, the President that free'd the slaves, would have been a Democrat today due to the current definition as to what comprises a Democrat (Liberal)

Nice try though

Not true. Simply not true. The people in my state switched to R from D because of the NOT VOTING for Civil Rights and for the D's being the same hate mongers they are today. I saw two wings of the left fighting last weekend with honest folks on both sides caught up in it. KKK , Nazi's and antifa are leftist, period.

edit on 20-8-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish
Can you please explain or define who would be classified as "those democrats of old"?

My parents and many other democratic family members who were voting pre-1964 are still democrats and have never changed platform or party.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

Were they southerners?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Oh, and the slick video in the OP? Paid for by a fake, non-accredited "conservative" university. They don't offer degrees or classes. Although, their branding and presentation certainly is intended to mislead people.

The guy is a partisan conservative hack, so it's not surprising that he'd be OK producing a short little video only telling partial half-truths and twisting history to suit a conservative agenda.

Like this one?

It comes from the same source.
Col. Tye Seidule PhD Head of Dept Of History West Point "Was the Civil War About Slavery".. Yes

Here, the source is telling partial half-truths.
In the thread I linked to, the source is ok.

edit on 20-8-2017 by abago71 because: fixed broken link

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
Around half of them are.
Illinois, Missouri and Arkansas.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Those states are not Dixie Old South States.

My grandad from Mississippi called me a Yankee when we moved to Illinois in the 1960's.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
You asked if they were southerners.
I didn't know it was a old south/new south thing.
I though we were discussing 1964 democrats, not 1864.

I am confused.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The Dixie voting block changed with Johnson/Goldwater presidential campaign. For the first time my grandparents voted for a Republican, Goldwater. Because he was against welfare programs and civil rights. The birth of the modern conservatives.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The Dixie voting block changed with Johnson/Goldwater presidential campaign. For the first time my grandparents voted for a Republican, Goldwater. Because he was against welfare programs and civil rights. The birth of the modern conservatives.

The Democrat downfall in the 1960s was mostly because of the Viet Nam war.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join