It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Inconvenient Truth About the Democratic Party

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Xcathdra

I thought she was on point in the video ,Kali's comment threw me.

That's because Kali's comment was the truth. After the passage of the civil rights act the parties switched sides. So the Democrats back then are today's Republicans.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

The parties secretly switched sides.
People actually believe this.

Seriously, apparently some do.

What happens When credible proof is shown that Democrats
were aligned with the KKK?

"quick, look over here"

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Seriously, apparently some do.

What happens When credible proof is shown that Democrats
were aligned with the KKK?

"quick, look over here"

And many of the same people are ones that keep claiming "there's no difference in the Parties".

DaaaHaHaHa

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Remember when a Republican senator...oh wait!

It was a Democrat, non other that one infamous Chameleon....

Hillary Clinton praised Robert Byrd KKK leader.

m.youtube.com...
edit on 19-8-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Want to hear proof that even when confronted with
deep seated Racism Senator Byrd has no good answer
as to why he denied African Americans civil rights!

His answer is pathetic and shameful!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The Conservative Fantasy History of Civil Rights

His story completely ignores the explicit revolt by conservative Southerners against the northern liberal civil rights wing, beginning with Strom Thurmond, who formed a third-party campaign in 1948 in protest against Harry Truman’s support for civil rights. Thurmond received 49 percent of the vote in Louisiana, 72 percent in South Carolina, 80 percent in Alabama, and 87 percent in Mississippi. He later, of course, switched to the Republican Party.

Come on now, you're conservatives, conservatives want to conserve their way of life. Slavery and denying Americans their civil rights has always been a conservative thing.

Next thing you're going to show me a video saying that conservatives are the ones that are liberal and liberals are the ones that are conservative. Right?
edit on 19-8-2017 by links234 because: Bad code.

edit on 19-8-2017 by links234 because: More bad code.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The following video lays out the facts about slavery, the KKK and the Democratic parties involvement in suppressing the rights of black people. It starts with Abraham Lincoln and ends with Lyndon B. Johnson. It lays out the tactics the Democratic party used in order to keep blacks from integrating into society and their attempts to prevent blacks from gaining rights.

A good watch if you have 6 free minutes.

As I stated before - Black people voting for Democrats would be like having Jews voting for the SS.

The reason it ended with LBJ was because of the fact that when he, (LBJ) signed the Civil Rights Act into law in 1964 followed by the Voting Rights Act in 1965, it was the straw that broke the camel's back resulting in the the reversal of roles regarding our two political parties.

This is when the blue states that made up the Confederacy occupied by southern democrats switched to become republicans and changed the confederate south into the red republican stronghold it is today.

So truth be told, those democrats of old that you supposedly despise so much are actually your mainstream republicans today.

This is precisely why today's conservatives have to reach so far back in order to find good deeds that can be attributed to their Republican Party in a desperate attempt to find something to make them feel good about themselves.

You know, like claiming they are the party of Lincoln. As if they would be the ones to free the slaves if there was slavery today. And what an absolute joke that is!

Just ask yourself; When did the blue states that made up the Confederacy of the democratic south turn red?..... and why?

Spoiler Alert!

Those despicable slave owning, Jim Crow professing, KKK loving, Bible thumping, Christian Confederates and your modern day republicans are one in the same.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but it is what it is.

edit on 19-8-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

(post by spiritualzombie removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Reminder:

This thread is not in the Political Mud Pit forum.

No political trolling allowed.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The really inconvenient truth about when the Democratic did those things... they were the Right Wing party.

Really ? Bet you dont know US history as well as you might think
Know who George Wallace was ?
Research is your friend.....

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish
They left the Democratic Party only after their defeat when standing against Civil Rights.They had been pressured by their peers . They realized how wrong and unpopular they had become. The hardcore anti-civil rights Democrats would go on afterwards

I know of not one Dixiecrat that is still in office as a Democrat or Republican.
Those days are gone. And have been.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The really inconvenient truth about when the Democratic did those things... they were the Right Wing party.

And just exactly what is it about George Wallace that makes you think he wasn't a "Dixiecrat" of old?

George Wallace was a segregationist extraordinaire who served as a "Southern Democrat" during the very years that the political transition, or reversal, took place.

Kali was spot on and maybe it's you who doesn't know history as well as you think.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Flatfish
They left the Democratic Party only after their defeat when standing against Civil Rights.They had been pressured by their peers . They realized how wrong and unpopular they had become. The hardcore anti-civil rights Democrats would go on afterwards

I know of not one Dixiecrat that is still in office as a Democrat or Republican.
Those days are gone. And have been.

look, there was indeed a reversal of of roles when in comes to American political party values and it began in the mid 1960s.

ETA: It didn't happen overnight, but it damn sure happened.

Unless maybe you have another way to explain how the hell the exact same states that made up the Confederacy, which were your Dixiecrats of the day, somehow turned into the red bastion of the GOP that it is today. Exact same states!
edit on 19-8-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

And just exactly what is it about George Wallace that makes you think he wasn't a "Dixiecrat" of old?

George Wallace was a segregationist extraordinaire who served as a "Southern Democrat" during the very years that the political transition, or reversal, took place.

Kali was spot on and maybe it's you who doesn't know history as well as you think.

George Wallace absolutely was . Although , not a Congress person . So , therefore the "Dixiecrat" term does not apply here. That was reserved for the Democrats that fought against Civil Rights in the 60s . Governors didnt get to vote .Some continued afterwards and remained with the Democratic Party . In fact , I believe that is exactly what I said.

But dont take my damn word for anything .
Some remember those days , as they were there......

edit on 8/19/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I backed up my claims perhaps you should could keep reading.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

I backed up my claims perhaps you should could keep reading.

Some folks base history on their feelings
Some folks are foreign national that comment on the US
And some actually lived history . Right here in the US.
Which category do you feel I belong in ? I will never tell...

edit on 8/19/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

(post by HorizonFall removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Its not about switching sides. Its about accepting that racist hateful people are actually on ALL sides. Are we really trying to tell our selves that somehow all this is going to cure hate and rascism in the world. Well how god like of us all. We can just defeat Satan and fix evil through protest and social media debate. No #?! Much Awe!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Kali74

I keep seeing this argument. A little explanation?

Denial?

There was nothing "secret" about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Sage words from a newly freed slave, who is also a master Republican strategist...

"I want them to talk about racism every day," Steve Bannon told The American Prospect, a liberal magazine. "If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats."
More about "the trap", here: www.msn.com...

As I've said many times here on ATS, the clock is ticking to 2018/2020, and Democrats have been, and continue to be, focused on things that are really low on most American's "life priorities" list.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join