It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Durham NC protest/Rally live stream

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I see white and people of color united in opposition to Nazi and KKK hate. Perhaps this is a message the altright needs to hear.

Ok they hear it...been hearing it for decades... They actually want this to play out just this way. WANT something to fight against for that is where they get their power from. If the streets were crickets chirping the rallies etc would fad away. The anti-protesters put legitimacy to the alt right cause, so the alt right and the alt left does not need to hear anything...

Let the crickets chirp

edit on 18-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
2nd feed

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

One group brought a fan.

Another brought the *cough* poo.

Wonder what's going to happen?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
this rally would be so peaceful if no one cared about it and didn't broadcast them in anyway, or if anyone whom disagree with their message simply turned their assets away from them.
that's how you fight and ideology. let it extinguish itself.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I blame the parents bringing up ungrateful little brats that have nothing better to do than to destroy a city. The parents should have not allowed to been able to procreate. Now we have brats that procreated and if something happens to them their going to whine about how it's everyone else's fault but their own.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
There is a permit for this though:

Black August in the Park

August 23, 2017.

Bold done by me.

To create an inter-generational opportunity for Black people in Durham to unapologetically celebrate blackness; interrupt white spaces by injecting a black presence in downtown Durham and facilitate connections with social justice organizations within the city of Durham and surrounding areas. The event is not about pushing an agenda, its about black people getting together to have fun and create a counter narrative to the negative images of blackness in the media and in Durham. Food Trucks, Music, Fun for Kids & MORE!!!! For more information: [email protected]

Wouldn't "interrupt white spaces" be an agenda?

I am not familiar with Durham at all. Is downtown predominantly white?

There's been a recent rejuvenation of the downtown, with a lot of apartments, shops and restaurants opening up (and the Durham Performing Arts Center, the largest of its kind in the south, I believe), a new ballpark, etc. It's a pretty integrated city with a fairly large black population. But that doesn't mean it's sans-racism and there's definitely a historically "bad side" of town, but things have gotten better recently. I don't know exactly what Black August in the Park is, but it doesn't surprise me and probably won't cause much of a stir unless uninvited guests show up.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic
I spent some time around Jefferson and Boone. Beautiful area. My brother plans to retire in the area soon.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This time I will be making screen grabs during the stream and isolate the specific instigators as I see them. My trip to South Carolina is on hold for a day due to an error at the car rental. Man I should have been on the road by now...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I agree. If a tree fall in the forest and there's no one there to hear it ... who cares. The more opposition is put forth against them, the more idiots will join their cause. Groups like the KKK and AntiFa needs each other, because they drive up each others membership.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm watching the live feed provided earlier. Lots of folks hanging out, playing and listening to music, etc. This seem to be the event mentioned in the permit for today. This makes me wonder if the rumor of the KKK going there was merely a viral marketing scheme to get more people down there for the festival. Looks like a lot of fun to be honest.

I can't imagine it to be a very smart idea to force yourself into this festival for political reasons. I only hope that any non-black looking people that wish to attend to enjoy themselves are not mistaken for KKK members and forced to leave, bullied, or worse. I hope in those type of situations, cooler heads prevail over racial stereotyping and anger.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BloodStainedGlass

I think the agenda consists in bringing the highest level of chaos to justify martial law, then any opposition will be eliminated.

link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
this rally would be so peaceful if no one cared about it and didn't broadcast them in anyway, or if anyone whom disagree with their message simply turned their assets away from them.
that's how you fight and ideology. let it extinguish itself.

Except if their Nazi's! Am I right?

link   

a reply to: iWontGiveUP
The 40 hour work week is probably the next target

Along with $15 an hour minimum wage.

They must get slave owners off U.S. Currency and Coins !!!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

One group brought a fan.

Another brought the *cough* poo.

Wonder what's going to happen?

It's all gonna burn.

Hit it with sticks until it goes away !!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: iWontGiveUP
The 40 hour work week is probably the next target

Along with $15 an hour minimum wage.

They must get slave owners off U.S. Currency and Coins !!!

Would you actually disagree with that though, Xuen?

I mean, what sort of sentiment do you hold for faces on paper you spend at the end of the day?

Or is it just about opposing those who propose it, ie evil liberal "internationalist Marxists", hehe.

& one for you

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
2nd feed

Interesting video still shot.

The nazi has "cop hair" and cop gloves on in rhe summer.

edit on 8 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Could there be a Klan conspiracy to spread rumors of rallies in order to get counter protestors to show up and waste their time?

It would marginalize them the same way the Klan used to be marginalized.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Black_Fox
a reply to: shooterbrody

I don't know anything about a permit, I only posted what the streamer is reporting.

That is why I posted the link to the website that handles them.
If they have no permit the local leos should be sending them on their way.

And if they fail to do so, I don't see how anyone can possibly not see that something is very much amiss here. We'll see what happens.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I watched enough to hear the dude say, "Yea man, the Bloods and Crypts are all here, it's a beautiful thing.". Then I laughed my ass off thinking of the blood bath between the two when the protest was over.

Don't laugh, gangs are bad, bad people. If any violence breaks out, then both sides, bloods and crips are responsible. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are good people in both gangs....

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It's funny that the KKK will be the peaceful demonstrators while the leftist "protestors" will be the violent, intolerant ones.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join