It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White nationalists are flocking to genetic ancestry tests — but many don't like their results

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
My paternal great great grand parents were a Native American and an African American. Allegedly. He was orphaned at an early age and his lineage is very hard to verify via traditional genealogy. He died at 78 with straight,jet black hair while 3 of his sons(my uncles) are white with full blown afros! 2 of My cousins and their sons also are white with afros. The others all have straight hair.
My maternal great great grandparents were a Jew who fled Germany and a gyspy from Germany.

I also have some English and Irish thrown in the mix.

i want to do the DNA tests to verify this as it is mostly speculative.

My wife is a descendent of the worst president ever. Warren g. Harding. He lost the White House China in a poker game among other things.

To add, my sons' significant others are an Indian immigrant and an African American. My sister in law is Mexican.
But, ironically, I just found out I am an alt-right nazi sympathizer. Even though, my mother is a practicing Jew and I voted for Bernie sanders.

But in the argument supporting my "nazi" beliefs, I do have blonde hair and blue eyes. I have also read Mein Kamph

My concern of the DNA testing is that of record retention.
What if all the DNA results are put in a database that MIGHT fall into nefarious hands?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I don't need a dna test to tell me I'm a mutt.

Most people are.

In the year 2017 there are very few pure bloods.

Which makes this whole 'white supremacist' ( a catch all phrase for anyone not black) idiotic.

No it's a catch all phrase for people who think being white makes them superior.

You are right however that it's idiotic.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I want to bring this article to the attention of ATS. According to the article about 2/3 of White Nationalists aren't 100% White according to genetic tests. The article goes on to say that most members who fiind this information out disavow the test results but it's still interesting. Oh the irony!

To find relevant comments in the 12 million posts written by over 300,000 members, the authors enlisted a team at the University of California, Los Angeles, to search for terms like “DNA test,” “haplotype,” “23andMe,” and “National Geographic.” Then the researchers combed through the posts they found, not to mention many others as background. Donovan, who has moved from UCLA to the Data & Society Research Institute, estimated that she spent some four hours a day reading Stormfront in 2016. The team winnowed their results down to 70 discussion threads in which 153 users posted their genetic ancestry test results, with over 3,000 individual posts. About a third of the people posting their results were pleased with what they found. “Pretty damn pure blood,” said a user with the username Sloth. But the majority didn’t find themselves in that situation. Instead, the community often helped them reject the test, or argue with its results. Some rejected the tests entirely, saying that an individual’s knowledge about his or her own genealogy is better than whatever a genetic test can reveal. “They will talk about the mirror test,” said Panofsky, who is a sociologist of science at UCLA’s Institute for Society and Genetics. “They will say things like, ‘If you see a Jew in the mirror looking back at you, that’s a problem; if you don’t, you’re fine.'” Others, he said, responded to unwanted genetic results by saying that those kinds of tests don’t matter if you are truly committed to being a white nationalist. Yet others tried to discredit the genetic tests as a Jewish conspiracy “that is trying to confuse true white Americans about their ancestry,” Panofsky said. But some took a more scientific angle in their critiques, calling into doubt the method by which these companies determine ancestry — specifically how companies pick those people whose genetic material will be considered the reference for a particular geographical group.

I think it's obvious that most people have a combination of different types of people in their DNA. In the end of it all, we're all just human; that's it...Why do some have this need to be superior over others in order to validate themselves? IDK. What says ATS?

www.businessinsider.com...

SublimeCraft's post helps to answer your question. "I have a very significant Maori bloodline right back to the 17th century - my mothers bloodline stems all the way back to the Chiefs daughter of the Ngāi Tahu (Kāi Tahu) tribe. I am very proud of this fact and it is now officially documented in many major publications and within the records of the tribe. I receive royalties from the NZ government..."

Keywords all races/tribes are using to help valudate themselves and feel superior appear to be:

Significant. Bloodline. Chief. Tribe. Proud. Officially. Documented. Major Publication. Records. Recieve. Royalties. Government.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
adolph hitler....would have given his right cojone to get his claws on the Ancestery databases dummys are voluntarily and in some cases PAYING to be listed on.

How did someone hoodwink people into giving up their most valuable asset....their genetic code and history???

This is beyond Orwellian and cannot possible have a good ending.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Anyway, I doubt very much that these ancestry tests are much good, they are, as someone else said, probably going to be skewed to make as much money for the company in subscriptions and things as possible and really only tell you what meat you are made of, nothing about what your ancestors did.

Chuckle... yah, the ancestral markers don't reveal if your familyy tree had Nazis or Spanish Inquisition in their blood.
The genome is above 90 percent similar. I.e., all life with genes is from the same 'designers', or whatever term we use nowadays.

But the tests are accurate pretty much, as far as origins. What becomes clear is that skin color has less to do with origins than geography. Thats what 'supremacists' hate admitting.

OMG, we're all from some black african female!!!

The horror!

Doesn't support their false agenda. In their 'realm' different "races" already existed seperate from each other.
The hell wth forensics, they are different. They look different, talk different and dress different!

They are not like us. They are less than us.

We must exterminate them.

Twisted cross logic.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

To be fair, I've read that there are black nationalist groups that deny it too. White people were made by an evil wizard was one.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: watchitburn

And why is this in cryptozoology?

Nazi's are kind of creepy and elusive.

Makes sense to me.

Creepy? Yes.

Elusive? Not according to certain posters here that say most members here are Nazis. Not elusive according to the press that claim the POTUS and the majority of his cabinet are Nazis.... even though his son-in-law and daughter are Jews.

I bet most people don't know what n.a.z.i. actually means...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71
Recommend, some of the classic works, by J.A Rogers, dated as it is none the less, a great read.
Nature knows no colorlines
Sex And Race vol 1-3 about mixing on all continents this was before the advent of DNA testing.
But he was mostly on point.

edit on 17-8-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
According to European female mitochondria, Europeans all sprang from just eight females, a bit more genetic diversity than one female.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
According to European female mitochondria, Europeans all sprang from just eight females, a bit more genetic diversity than one female.

That isn't how it works. While mitochondrial DNA is comparatively stable, as in it doesn't mutate very often, it still does. The oldest mitochondrial subclades are the "L" subclades, which originated in Africa. Mine L2a1, is approximately 25,000 - 35,000 years old and probably originated in southern Africa.

We all go back to L "Mitochondrial Eve". Your European mitochondrial haplogroup were later mutations than the L haplogroups.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

To be fair, I've read that there are black nationalist groups that deny it too. White people were made by an evil wizard was one.

From memory... people that moved to northern latitudes like Europe slowly adapted to a cooler climate, less dark pigment needed to block the sun. They became pale... called white race, or "officially, caucasian". The gubment trend setters using race to divide us, even on our forms.

Further: White people are the evilest, cause the biggest mass die offs, the biggest wars, the biggest empires, etc.

One mans evil is another mans civilization. It isn't far etched at all to conclude this from history.... Alexander, Napoleon, Caesars, Hitler, EU, US (NATO) --all white.

Not only do people have trouble accepting the modern science of genetics, many still prefer to believe in the latter pseudo science, called Eugenics. Combined with various political ideologies including the supremacist beliefs apparent in various religions i.e., one true god (thats also white)...

we are definitely programmed to believe in our superiority from a young age.
edit on 17-8-2017 by intrptr because: Further

edit on 17-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: SprocketUK

From memory... people that moved to northern latitudes like Europe slowly adapted to a cooler climate, less dark pigment needed to block the sun. They became pale... called white race, or "officially, caucasian". The gubment trend setters using race to divide us, even on our forms.

Further: White people are the evilest, cause the biggest mass die offs, the biggest wars, the biggest empires, etc.

One mans evil is another mans civilization. It isn't far etched at all to conclude this from history.... Alexander, Napoleon, Caesars, Hitler, EU, US (NATO) --all white.

Not only do people have trouble accepting the modern science of genetics, many still prefer to believe in the latter pseudo science, called Eugenics. Combined with various political ideologies including the supremacist beliefs apparent in various religions i.e., one true god (thats also white)...

we are definitely programmed to believe in our superiority from a young age.

Where does this superiority complex come from?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Thanks for the recommendations. I will check them out.

To add, my family reunion really defines the "Melting Pot".

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Compensation for our ' inferiority ' complex, really humbleness.

We should be humble, not better than.

This superiority is necessary though to promote differences, dehumanizing others, turning them into 'less than' so we can justify lording over them, in fact invading conquering and stealing others Gold.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

That theory is from a Jewish source !!

DNA grouping brings out the best in everybody equally.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Clinical Jealousy

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So Chelsea is 1/4 Nazi? Or was the mom a Nazi too? I wonder if it works like in Judaism; does the mum have to be Nazi for the kids to be considered Nazi, or is it enough if only the dad is a Nazi?

It's impressive that they finally isolated the Nazi gene, but this raises a lot of ethical concerns. Is it OK to screen for Nazi fetuses? Would you want to know in advance if your baby is a Nazi, or do you prefer to find out the natural way, when he/she starts heiling, and cries when you show him a picture of Mark Zuckerberg?
edit on 17-8-2017 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: Xcathdra

So Chelsea is 1/4 Nazi? Or was the mom a Nazi too? I wonder if it works like in Judaism; does the mum have to be Nazi for the kids to be considered Nazi, or is it enough if only the dad is a Nazi?

It's impressive that they finally isolated the Nazi gene, but this raises a lot of ethical concerns. Is it OK to screen for Nazi fetuses? Would you want to know in advance if your baby is a Nazi, or do you prefer to find out the natural way, when he/she starts heiling, and cries when you show him a picture of Mark Zuckerberg?

Lol. I think you missed your morning coffee.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Business insider playing politics. I don't really care for the opinions of others with their results. Nor should anyone else. Interesting puff piece.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I've got to be honest, this is rather disingenuous. Years ago, when they began testing, they were expecting white Americans to have an significant rate of admixture of African and Native American, and well, this didn't happen.

With respect to European Americans, the percentages are much more different than African Americans or Latinos, with European American genomes being 98.6 percent European, 0.19 percent African and 0.18 percent Native American.

Link

And amounts that small are probably due to the "dandelion effect" and/or real statistical noise. White Americans tended to keep to white Americans. They tried to keep those European blood lines, purely European, because of those biblical justifications for slavery of Africans and the resulting "one drop" rule.

I'm afraid you're being disingenuous, your study isn't suited to prove your point at all; the categories are based on what racial identities the participants chose for themselves:

The first question is modeled after the US census nomenclature and is a multiquestion survey that allows for choice of “Hispanic” or “Not Hispanic,” and participants were asked “Which of these US Census categories describe your racial identity? Please check all that apply” from the following list of ethnicities: “White,” “Black,” “American Indian,” “Asian,” “Native Hawaiian,” “Other,” “Not sure,” and “Other racial identity.” For inclusion into our European American cohort, individuals had to select “Not Hispanic” and “White,” but not any other identity. For inclusion into our Latino cohort, individuals had to select “Hispanic,” with no other restrictions. For inclusion into our African American cohort, individuals had to select “Not Hispanic” and “Black” and no other identity.

So it's basically based on whether they feel white or note, or black or not. What if someone has one black parent and one white parent? The study is going to skew towards racial purity. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the study, but it's very limited in terms of what conclusions we can draw from it. You could be right about the racial mixing, just saying that the study doesn't prove anything.

It's kind of a paradox, actually. "We're going to find out how white white people are, but first we need to decide who is white!" (Or black, or hispanic, not trying to be divisive here)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join