It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White nationalists are flocking to genetic ancestry tests — but many don't like their results

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I want to bring this article to the attention of ATS. According to the article about 2/3 of White Nationalists aren't 100% White according to genetic tests. The article goes on to say that most members who fiind this information out disavow the test results but it's still interesting. Oh the irony!

To find relevant comments in the 12 million posts written by over 300,000 members, the authors enlisted a team at the University of California, Los Angeles, to search for terms like “DNA test,” “haplotype,” “23andMe,” and “National Geographic.” Then the researchers combed through the posts they found, not to mention many others as background. Donovan, who has moved from UCLA to the Data & Society Research Institute, estimated that she spent some four hours a day reading Stormfront in 2016. The team winnowed their results down to 70 discussion threads in which 153 users posted their genetic ancestry test results, with over 3,000 individual posts. About a third of the people posting their results were pleased with what they found. “Pretty damn pure blood,” said a user with the username Sloth. But the majority didn’t find themselves in that situation. Instead, the community often helped them reject the test, or argue with its results. Some rejected the tests entirely, saying that an individual’s knowledge about his or her own genealogy is better than whatever a genetic test can reveal. “They will talk about the mirror test,” said Panofsky, who is a sociologist of science at UCLA’s Institute for Society and Genetics. “They will say things like, ‘If you see a Jew in the mirror looking back at you, that’s a problem; if you don’t, you’re fine.'” Others, he said, responded to unwanted genetic results by saying that those kinds of tests don’t matter if you are truly committed to being a white nationalist. Yet others tried to discredit the genetic tests as a Jewish conspiracy “that is trying to confuse true white Americans about their ancestry,” Panofsky said. But some took a more scientific angle in their critiques, calling into doubt the method by which these companies determine ancestry — specifically how companies pick those people whose genetic material will be considered the reference for a particular geographical group.

I think it's obvious that most people have a combination of different types of people in their DNA. In the end of it all, we're all just human; that's it...Why do some have this need to be superior over others in order to validate themselves? IDK. What says ATS?

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I dont need a genetic test to tell me im a Neanderthal.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
*points* HA HA!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm not sure irony is the right term.

But it should be common sense, unless you're a member of a pygmy tribe lost in the Amazon your most likely going to be a mixture of ethnicities.

And why is this in cryptozoology?

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
What is even better is when the liberal left elitists Hollywood types spout off on the topic. Case in point Chelsea Handler... Ranted and raved about white supremacist and Nazis only to find out her Grandfather was an actual Nazi.

link   
a reply to: lostbook

What these fascist retards don't understand, is genotype is not the same as phenotype, and yes races are arbitrary social construct.

link   

Your actions,your words,your way of living your life and your way of interacting with your fellow citizens of Earth is what makes you superior or inferior.Has nothing to do with ethnicity.People who think their ethnicity automatically confers superiority are deluded morons.

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Nazi's are kind of creepy and elusive.

Makes sense to me.
edit on 17-8-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

White nationalists are flocking to genetic ancestry tests — but many don't like their results

Whites are the minority, their genes lead all the way back to a single female in Africa.

She wasn't white.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't identify with my historical genealogy.

I'm really a Duke from Camelot.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I'm not sure irony is the right term.

But it should be common sense, unless you're a member of a pygmy tribe lost in the Amazon your most likely going to be a mixture of ethnicities.

Wasn't sure where to put it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I suppose some people just imagine that they are proper, 8th generation Aryan poster boy material. Everyone wants to be special, and the sad fact is, we are all special in ways that aren't necessarily the ones we wanted to be.

I know most of my family history so am not too bothered about those ancestry.com things. And as Bill Burr said on the Jim Jefferies show the other day, "Dude, they are making a robot of you, right now!" You have been warned!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Makes sense to me.

Creepy? Yes.

Elusive? Not according to certain posters here that say most members here are Nazis. Not elusive according to the press that claim the POTUS and the majority of his cabinet are Nazis.... even though his son-in-law and daughter are Jews.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I have a very significant Maori bloodline right back to the 17th century - my mothers bloodline stems all the way back to the Chiefs daughter of the Ngāi Tahu (Kāi Tahu) tribe. I am very proud of this fact and it is now officially documented in many major publications and within the records of the tribe. I receive royalties from the NZ government which I have officially donated, forever, to the Tribes youth employment program to help kids get off the drugs, out of the slums and into tech-schools or universities. There are currently 55,000+ recipients of royalties - and they reside in almost every country on the planet - we've moved around quite a bit over 300 years.

I was born in NZ and moved to Australia when I was 5 years old and have been in Australia ever since. Both my parents were in the Royal NZ navy.

I look white, but Maori blood runs through my veins.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Makes sense to me.

Creepy? Yes.

Elusive? Not according to certain posters here that say most members here are Nazis. Not elusive according to the press that claim the POTUS and the majority of his cabinet are Nazis.... even though his son-in-law and daughter are Jews.

Don't over analyze a joke.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
how many question the results and bemoan them as fake news or whatever trump tweets.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A DNA test would be interesting for me. We have no idea what my paternal grandfather's ancestry is on his father's side. He was illegitimate in a time when you didn't do that.

Husband has been interested in one as well. He only knows a bit from a letter in his adoption packet written by his blood grandmother. That's how he knows he has a full-blooded Native American grandparent, but he knows not much else. A test would be interesting to find out more.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Lucky fish you,Maori's are and were awesome,i would be proud too.Being adopted,it sucks not being able to have a full picture.I know that from my biological mom i am of English heritage.No idea what biological heritage from my father's side.At least i did not inherit his trait of a predisposition to abandoning one's own flesh and blood.
edit on 17-8-2017 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Makes sense to me.

Creepy? Yes.

Don't over analyze a joke.

Since it was a joke, you must not find Nazis to be creepy.
This makes you a Nazi sympathizer.

Keep your eyes peeled, there are people out there that will want to stab you for that.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

"According to your recent genetic testing, we have found that you are in fact 3% West African"

LMAO would love to see their faces

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join