It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White people, here are 10 requests from Black Lives Matter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Don't you find it strange that we can post calls for violence and actual violence from groups like BLM and antifa, but to even suggest they may have done something wrong to in Charlottesville is to be called a nazi defender.

It seems like an orwellian tactic to control thought.

I think it is wrong to call someone a Nazi defender just for pointing-out the violence of the "other side", but let's be clear and notice that what you speak of is very few and far between. It's being blown way out of proportion for the sake of dramatic effect.

In light of that hyperbole, I cannot agree with the claim that thought is trying to be controlled in this regard.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MotherMayEye

No, I wasn't saying the source wasn't real. I meant the person who wrote it. They couldn't be serious in their intent.

It's BLM official policy

Linky

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I am ok with a general appeal to be charitable to those less fortunate.

The author lacks some finesse in her approach though. That's about as nice as I can say it.

It reads like, "Give black/brown Americans your money until it hurts, you white pieces of filthy dog sh*t. I know you have it. Give it, or else."

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Um... no.
Why don't all you "underpriveleged , poor, lacking folks go out and earn it your damn selves? Asking white folks to bequeath their belongings to you is one of the most selfish, ridiculous list of demands I've ever heard. And all based on what? Hundreds of years ago your people were "enslaved" .
Welcome to the 21st century where that crap just doesn't happen anymore. It's a tad late to be blaming "white folk" for all of your problems.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

No, I wasn't saying the source wasn't real. I meant the person who wrote it. They couldn't be serious in their intent.

It's BLM official policy

Linky

Yes it is, although this movement may be separate from the official BLM movement. These people aren't finished yet. Be Careful Who You Vote For.
edit on 16-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Don't you find it strange that we can post calls for violence and actual violence from groups like BLM and antifa, but to even suggest they may have done something wrong to in Charlottesville is to be called a nazi defender.

It seems like an orwellian tactic to control thought.

I think it is wrong to call someone a Nazi defender just for pointing-out the violence of the "other side", but let's be clear and notice that what you speak of is very few and far between. It's being blown way out of proportion for the sake of dramatic effect.

In light of that hyperbole, I cannot agree with the claim that thought is trying to be controlled in this regard.

You don't think that the claims of the magnitude of the threat of neo nazis is is being blown out of control?

And why don't you turn on your tv today or yesterday and turn it to any news channel.

People are freaking out over trumps comments. It has a hysterical feel to it.

The media will not allow ANY discussion of violence from both sides. Their reaction to trump proves it.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If the colour was reversed i.e. replace "white people" with "black people", the narrative would be considered racist and racial stereotyping.

Don't people see this?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You don't think that the claims of the magnitude of the threat of neo nazis is is being blown out of control?

I was talking specifically about those calling others Nazi defenders for pointing-out the violence of the other side. That seems to be very limited and it is being blown out of proportion for dramatic effect.

And why don't you turn on your tv today or yesterday and turn it to any news channel.

I don't watch TV.

People are freaking out over trumps comments. It has a hysterical feel to it.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

The media will not allow ANY discussion of violence from both sides. Their reaction to trump proves it.

Did the media call anyone a Nazi defender for trying to talk about violence from both sides?

If so, provide a link. I'm all ears.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus

By "Southern Black Grandma Voice" I'm assuming he means "rich black man in a fat suit voice"

Wait a minute !!

Hillary Clinton talks like that sometimes !!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Go Auntifa !!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Did the media call anyone a Nazi defender for trying to talk about violence from both sides?

If so, provide a link. I'm all ears.

Jewish Trump Staff Silent on His Defense of Rally With Anti-Semitic Marchers

www.nytimes.com...

Public figures in Israel, Germany, the United Kingdom and elsewhere have condemned President Donald Trump's latest remarks on the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in which he laid blame on "both sides" for the deadly violence that erupted.
Such international criticism joined that of many lawmakers and commentators from both sides of the aisle in the United States.

www.cnn.com...

Trump endured days of criticism after he failed to criticize the neo-Nazis and white supremacists who descended on the college town over the weekend in a rally that erupted in violence, leaving one counter-protester dead and a score of others injured.

Trump reversed course Monday in a carefully choreographed statement disavowing the Ku Klux Klan and other racist groups. But Tuesday, he snapped back to his earlier form during unscripted remarks at a news conference in Trump Tower.

Democrats were quicker and louder in their criticism than Republicans, who have labored to figure out how best to handle - or ignore - Trump.

"This is sick," wrote Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). "The President of the United States just defended neo-Nazis and blamed those who condemn their racism and hate."

www.latimes.com...

Jimmy Kimmel Pleads with Trump Voters to Dump Him for Defending Neo-Nazis

www.thedailybeast.com...

Trump Angrily Defended The White Supremacists In Charlottesville

In a heated, off-the-cuff press conference, the president defended the racists who marched in Charlottesville and blamed the deadly violence on "both sides."

www.buzzfeed.com...

President Trump calls white supremacists ‘very fine people,’ blames Charlottesville on ‘both sides’ in bizarre Trump Tower tirade

www.nydailynews.com...

It did not seem inevitable, though, that Trump’s responses to questions about those protests would cement as correct the general interpretation of his first comments on the matter: He’s sympathetic to the goals of the men who marched Saturday night carrying Confederate and Nazi flags — and even to the “peaceful” torchlight protest on Friday in which marchers chanted anti-Semitic and Nazi slogans.

www.washingtonpost.com... e42c79b96

I could go on and on and on.

Surely you heard some of this?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Again could go on and on.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I do apologize. Now that I have looked at it a bit more, I will agree with you.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I do apologize. Now that I have looked at it a bit more, I will agree with you.

It is unreal. It is the most extreme example of social engineered thought control I have ever seen.

The only thing that even compares was the total agreement bvy all of these groups that we must go into the Iraq war. To even question this made you a pariah.

That is what today feels like.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Expressing is fine...I've learned to ignore, much/some of the time, idiots like this.

But some half-wit Congress twit may attempt, though it's doubtful, to, as you say, mandate this.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Ok, I'm just going to say it. This section of the black community is increasingly incredibly selfish, self-centered and ignorant to world history. They think the world revolves around their every problem.

My wife technically is white. She's a foreigner, from Eastern Europe. Her people were enslaved by the Turks for 500 years. She moved here for a better life and learned English as her 4th language. Is now completely fluent. Has been employed for 10+ years. Earns good money. Gives what she can back to her parents back home to help out. She expects nothing, came over here ready to earn everything. If she can get a good paying job in her 4th language while growing up in a poor Eastern Euro country, then why the hell can't these people get a good paying job in their native language?

Yet blacks, at least these making these statements, won't differentiate between her and Mr redneck in Arkansas, not that there's anything wrong with Mr Redneck in Arkansas. But the whole, give me, give me, give me because you're white and I'm not is not only incredibly racist in and if itself, but it show profound idiocy towards world history.

Should I mentioned most blacks sold into slavery here were sold to the British by black slave owners in Africa? Or is it racist to mention history?
edit on 16-8-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I knew what you meant, ketsuko. I just wondered if I was Onion-ed and oblivious when I read your comment. It's unbelievable how distorted perspectives are, now.

edit on 8/16/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
(NOTE: The title is from the linked article)

I have never started a thread on social justice issues, but this piece was in my local paper.

I’m aghast. It’s so dramatic. I almost get the sense that the author believes that most white people are walking around living off of inherited money and property and are property owners and not in debt to their eyeballs and struggling to pay off a 30-year mortgage…or renting...or renting sh*tty apartments and still struggling...that they are so wealthy they have excess to simply give away.

God. I wish my life was like that.

When I die anybody that wants my debt is free to have it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: DBCowboy

Expressing is fine...I've learned to ignore, much/some of the time, idiots like this.

But some half-wit Congress twit may attempt, though it's doubtful, to, as you say, mandate this.

Your concern is well founded.

www.congress.gov...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If you go to a place in the United States where there is a very low black population, like southwest Michigan for example, poor white people are given the same treatment as poor urban blacks. The poor people in these areas are stereotyped, disadvantaged, prejudiced against, targeted by police, are corralled into certain neighborhoods, and receive a poor education in them. They are white people who come from "generational poverty". Who are more likely to be involved with teenage pregnancy, welfare, crime, violence, and drugs. Whose job application gets tossed out based on their family name. "White trash". It's absolutely true that many affluent and influential white people are hoarding opportunities for other white people. But those opportunities are not going to just any white people,and certainly not white people who have lived in generational poverty. Thus the generational poverty. There are millions of white people who are being screwed by "rich white guy" system, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join