It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

So even though one side was guilty of killing someone with a car they are equally to blame for what happened on Saturday? That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard and is akin to victim blaming a rape victim for being raped. I'm not saying there wasn't any antagonistic behavior from Antifa, but you people need to stop pretending like both sides are equally guilty. There is a clear worse offender here and they are LOVING the fact that you guys are trying to elevate the Antifa to their level by equalizing both sides' culpability.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So Trump specifically condemned neo-Nazis, racists, white nationalists, etc today. Will everyone here whining that he should do that shut up now? Or was your outrage just because it's Trump and you're not satisfied no matter what he says? I'll wait.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So even though one side was guilty of killing someone with a car they are equally to blame for what happened on Saturday? That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard and is akin to victim blaming a rape victim for being raped. I'm not saying there wasn't any antagonistic behavior from Antifa, but you people need to stop pretending like both sides are equally guilty. There is a clear worse offender here and they are LOVING the fact that you guys are trying to elevate the Antifa to their level by equalizing both sides' culpability.

When you go into a neighboorhood such as harlem and wear a sign that says I hate Black people would you not be responsible for being beat up? This is the same situation.

No one was raped either. The rapist is responsible for his own actions. COmparing this to Rape is not a valid comparison. the guy who went to Korea and came back brain dead. that was another example of a idiot going somewhere he knew there would be danger.
Darwinism is alive and well today.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
So Trump specifically condemned neo-Nazis, racists, white nationalists, etc today. Will everyone here whining that he should do that shut up now? Or was your outrage just because it's Trump and you're not satisfied no matter what he says? I'll wait.

Trump has lied so much, it's hard to take anything he says seriously.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So you're just gonna be outraged to be outraged because it's Trump, no rhyme or reason behind it. Got it. Sad little life you've got there.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

When you go into a neighboorhood such as harlem and wear a sign that says I hate Black people would you not be responsible for being beat up? This is the same situation.

WHAT? He purposely drove a car into them.

No one was raped either. The rapist is responsible for his own actions. COmparing this to Rape is not a valid comparison. the guy who went to Korea and came back brain dead. that was another example of a idiot going somewhere he knew there would be danger.

Just like the driver is responsible for driving a car into a crowd of people.

PS: Social Darwinism is a precept of Hitler and Nazis, probably not the best comparison to bring up today.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

# Trump. He already did the damage when he came out with that weak ass and tepid response over the weekend. Just because he did the right thing now doesn't wipe out that previous damage. The racists LOVED the fact that he didn't condemn them initially and took that as a sign of encouragement.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

# Trump. He already did the damage when he came out with that weak ass and tepid response over the weekend. Just because he did the right thing now doesn't wipe out that previous damage. The racists LOVED the fact that he didn't condemn them initially and took that as a sign of encouragement.

"# Trump. He condemned the Nazis, but I need my safety blanket of believing a bunch of baseless propaganda so I'm just going to ignore that and pretend he's in league with Nazis. Someone bring me my bottle."

There, fixed it for you.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

WHAT? He purposely drove a car into them.

Just like the driver is responsible for driving a car into a crowd of people.

PS: Social Darwinism is a precept of Hitler and Nazis, probably not the best comparison to bring up today.

You didnt mention the driver to what i responded to did you? SO i didnt mention him. I was talking about a IDIOT who was doing something stupid such as participating in a riot. that wasnt a protest by the time she was killed.

But Since i am to read your mind Ill amend my thoughts. Yes the driver was also responsible for his own actions. I was not defending him. Stop being so PC and actually say that the moron who was run over by that other moron was responsible for her ultimate fate.
And I didnt say Social darwinism. I said darwinism itself. You know like the awards we hand out to the stupid,dumb,ignorant,fools who get themselves killed in stupid ways.

All of those people there were Idiots.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

"# Trump. He condemned the Nazis, but I need my safety blanket of believing a bunch of baseless propaganda so I'm just going to ignore that and pretend he's in league with Nazis. Someone bring me my bottle."

There, fixed it for you.

I never said he was in league with the nazis. I said he did his damage and what he did now isn't going to fix it. Sorry that your assumption about me was wrong. Next time try actually responding to what I said instead of substituting your own argument.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You didnt mention the driver to what i responded to did you? SO i didnt mention him. I was talking about a IDIOT who was doing something stupid such as participating in a riot. that wasnt a protest by the time she was killed.

Are you seriously blaming this girl for being killed because she was in the middle of the crowd that you have now deemed as a "riot"? Because that is disgusting.

But Since i am to read your mind Ill amend my thoughts. Yes the driver was also responsible for his own actions. I was not defending him. Stop being so PC and actually say that the moron who was run over by that other moron was responsible for her ultimate fate.

This is the victim blaming I was talking about earlier. No I will not admit that girl was at fault and you are disgusting for suggesting it.

And I didnt say Social darwinism. I said darwinism itself. You know like the awards we hand out to the stupid,dumb,ignorant,fools who get themselves killed in stupid ways.

All of those people there were Idiots.

Those are called Darwin Awards not Darwinism.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Seriously, it's ok to believe in fairy tales. I know grown men that watch cartoons but tell themselves they're sophisticated because it's labeled "anime". Whatever makes you happy. Either way you're outraged over a false narrative. I encourage you to open your eyes. You don' have to go through life ignorant. You do have a choice.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Answer 1. Shes dead because she was there and was ran over. FACT

Answer 2. So what? A RIOT is when there is violence. there was violence. It would had been a protest IF there would had been no violence. Stop excusing bad behaviour of these people.

Answer 3. I dont care if you find it disgusting. When someone does something stupid. Such as walking into a mine field or attending a riot i do not have any sympathy for them. I do feel some toward her family but thats it.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Fact: They were peacefully protesting until he rammed into them. That is shown in the videos.

Fact: The only time his car was hit when he was speeding up, the video claiming they hit his card with a bat was doctored to make you think otherwise. So, no, he wasn't scared, someone scared does not react by driving forward into a crowd when there were many empty streets to drive down before entering the protest march street.

Fact: He was done with Vanguard America's march, as much had dispersed by then and had decided to go find trouble with the peaceful protest march- driving into them.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
sorry if this has already been posted in the thread, i thought this was a good article.

It Was Never Going to Be a Normal Protest. They Came Ready to Fight.

The rally seemed to make it clear that the alt-right was not just a conservative meme factory, but an armed and dangerous nationalist group. Accordingly, the people of Charlottesville knew the rally had the potential to get violent, and even those committed to nonviolence accepted that their side had to have an adequate response. Cornel West told the Washington Post after the rally that “the police didn’t do anything” to protect the counter-protesters. “If it hadn’t been for the anti-fascists protecting us from the neo-fascists,” he said, “we would have been crushed like cockroaches.”

The fact that peace-believing clergy were working with armed anti-fascists shows how much has changed in the last year.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

So even though one side was guilty of killing someone with a car they are equally to blame for what happened on Saturday?

One guy driving one car killed one person."One side" is not responsible. One person is responsible.

For some reason I keep feeling this needs pointing out. One person that is responsible for his own actions did something stupid and killed one person.

Blaming groups for the actions of individuals... sounds a lot like the supremacist mindset. Be better than that.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I wish I could star this 10 times.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

For something like this, you really got one shot, but it's a layup with nobody in front of you. And he shot it over the backboard into the stands. Then he asked for the ball back after the buzzer sounded.

If you have to do it under pressure, you're not sincere.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jordan77
I had no problem with the statement that Trump made originally, but I don't have any love for the agitators on either side of the extremes.

I agree with you. Trump appears to have made his recent condemnation due to pressure, which places a lot of doubt on his sincerity. I think it actually make both statements appear to be suspect, and his credibility is definitely going to take a serious hit because of it.

But I kinda look at it this way. Trump was voted into office not because the majority of Americans had an overwhelming love for him. It was because they had an overwhelming dislike for Hillary. He is making a huge mistake when he is placing all of his money on his fan base, which is very small in actual numbers. The majority of Americans view him only as a temporary stand in until they get a chance for a do over in the next election. They tolerate him at best, so if he wants to stay in that position he had better do something to convince them that he is indeed up to the job.

He is eroding his credibility, which is already about as low as it can go. So he had better up his game. He doesn't have to worry about his fan base or his haters, their numbers aren't large enough to make a difference. It is the average American citizen that he needs to woo and convince. Right now he seems to take two steps forward and three steps back. He is not going to make it at that pace.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
DP
Flash! I don't know why, but now I know when it is going to happen.
When you hit reply and get an immediate flash, it ends with a double post. I wonder if CERN had anything to do with it. Or maybe it is the Mandela effect in action.

edit on 15-8-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86 >>

join