It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the bible say about Christ, the false messiah and the antichrist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
originally posted by: gell1234

I'm trying to work out the differences in between the 3,

1. Second coming or Christ = This is in the future, some believe very near future. There's many scriptures I could give you to support this if you'd like.

2. False messiah (I meant false prophet) = Anyone who preaches and other gospel other than Christ being the Son of God is a false prophet. Again, if you want scripture just let me know.

3. Antichrist = There are many anti-Christ's. Just what is says, ANTI-CHRIST. I would think you're referring to the 'big one' - the one many believe has already been born and is readying himself to basically take over the world.

I hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: gell1234

Almost nothing..

If I'm right it all comes from one chapter.. maybe even one paragraph that has been expanded on by common culture..

Almost nothing = you don't know what you're talking about.

The bible talks more about this subject than almost anything else.

peace

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Almost nothing..

If I'm right it all comes from one chapter.. maybe even one paragraph that has been expanded on by common culture..

Almost nothing = you don't know what you're talking about.

The bible talks more about this subject than almost anything else.

Actually, the Bible speaks more on how to treat the poor than anything else. This was just, in my opinion, part of the ongoing conflict between Johannite/Petrine Christianity and the Pauline mess we got.

"Peace", indeed.

peace

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkenMimeMaster

Like I said - you don't know your bible. Not judging just saying as there are others reading this who need to know the truth, and what you posted is not.

The bible talks about the time we are living in more than any other topic in the bible - including the resurrection.

peace

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight
Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

The kingdom is not the returning King. He is the groom and his people the bride, he will show for the wedding.

Mark 13.26
Then everyone will seethe Son of Man coming on the clouds with great power and glory

Mark 13
34“The coming of the Son of Man can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. When he left home, he gave each of his slaves instructions about the work they were to do, and he told the gatekeeper to watch for his return. 35You, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know when the master of the household will return—in the evening, at midnight, before dawn, or at daybreak. 36Don’t let him find you sleeping when he arrives without warning. 37I say to you what I say to everyone: Watch for him!”

"It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. "It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed. (Luke 17:28-30)

# 11 - "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour. (Matthew 25:13)

# 12 - "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (Matthew 24:36)

# 13 - You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." (Luke 12:40)
ipost.christianpost.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I'm trying to get a list of bible passages that would allow me to identify (and differentiate) between all 3...

What Is the Coming of Christ?

There you go.

An example regarding the point at 6:55 -7:20 of the 2nd video above:

Regarding the last point in the 2nd video:

Song 62 To Whom do you Belong Vocal Renditions

There's more about Jesus Christ here:

Jesus Christ: Insight, Volume 2
Who Is Jesus Christ? Learn From God’s Word
Who Is Jesus Christ? Is Jesus God or God's Son? What Can the Bible Teach Us? (chapter 4)

Jesus Christ

Definition: The only-begotten Son of God, the only Son produced by Jehovah alone. This Son is the firstborn of all creation. By means of him all other things in heaven and on earth were created. He is the second-greatest personage in the universe. It is this Son whom Jehovah sent to the earth to give his life as a ransom for mankind, thus opening the way to eternal life for those of Adam’s offspring who would exercise faith. This same Son, restored to heavenly glory, now rules as King, with authority to destroy all the wicked and to carry out his Father’s original purpose for the earth. The Hebrew form of the name Jesus means “Jehovah Is Salvation”; Christ is the equivalent of the Hebrew Ma·shiʹach (Messiah), meaning “Anointed One.”

Was Jesus Christ a real, historical person?
Was Jesus Christ simply a good man?
Was Jesus merely a prophet whose authority was similar to that of Moses, Buddha, Muhammad, and other religious leaders?
Why did the Jews in general not accept Jesus as the Messiah?
Is Jesus Christ actually God?
Does John 1:1 prove that Jesus is God?
Does Thomas’ exclamation at John 20:28 prove that Jesus is truly God?
Does Matthew 1:23 indicate that Jesus when on earth was God?
What is the meaning of John 5:18?
Does the fact that worship is given to Jesus prove that he is God?
Do the miracles performed by Jesus prove that he is God?
Is Jesus the same as Jehovah in the “Old Testament”?
Is believing in Jesus Christ all that is required for salvation?
Did Jesus have a heavenly existence before he became a human?
Does Jesus have his fleshly body in heaven?

and so on...(surely there's at least 1 question there that might be of interest to anyone here to see what the bible really teaches about that subject and where the relevant verses can be found regarding the correct/truthful/factual answer to those questions)
Source: Jesus Christ: Reasoning
edit on 13-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I would suggest you read the book of revelation, note the beast (False messiah - Mahdi or devil's anointed one) and the false prophet, the true prophet'S and witness, the miracles made using the devil's and his allies (Fallen and betraying angel's) power by the beast and the false prophet and the return of the true messiah with an army of beheaded martyrs and legions of loyal angel's.

Also look at this.
The Muslim version of Jesus is a false Jesus whom does not come back as he ascended, does not come back were he ascended and only come's back to legitimize the false prophet.
Yet we are told by the angel's whom spoke to the witness of his ascension that he will come back as he went so the same place - not were the false prophet claimed - in the same manner with white cloud's and that all the world shall see him even those that pierced him so that included men whom are dead now but there soul's shall be aware, maybe awakened by his coming or else they are wandering in a pseudo afterlife that is only a temporary state before he return's.

Note on this following video that the lower sign is the Greek number six threescore and six, aka the number of the beast, this was written long before the rise of Islam, the top symbol is Islamic writing for "In the name of allah" so in the name of Allah is actually greek six threescore and six, in other word's Islam is the kingdom of the beast, the false prophet, the false messiah (the beast) and backed up by the power of Satan and his allies.

bigfaithministries.com...

Hope that clears is up, read also the fate of those that accept the mark of the beast in there forehead or upon there hand's, note the Kabba pilgrimage (haaj) and touching the black stone, according to the book of revelation written over 500 years before Islam ALL Muslim's are damned to the lake of fire but also remember Christ said that which was stolen from him he shall take back so that is all Muslim's but not all people in Islam as some of them will be saved.
edit on 13-8-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
Funny, the page on "Jesus Christ" in the Insight book is longer than the page on:
Jehovah: Insight, Volume 2

Not that it matters or that it's significant. But if you've just watched the video with Paul Washer doing his routine, his argument becomes even more silly or ridiculous. Or the argument used by the Trinitarian in this video at 2:43:

In case my first comment isn't enough regarding this subject:
Who Is the Antichrist? Awake!—2001
Antichrist: Insight, Volume 1
Antichrist: Reasoning
edit on 13-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Would you mind posting the scriptures for each? It's really what I was after.

I think it would be most helpful,

Thank you.

originally posted by: silo13

1. Second coming or Christ = This is in the future, some believe very near future. There's many scriptures I could give you to support this if you'd like.

2. False messiah (I meant false prophet) = Anyone who preaches and other gospel other than Christ being the Son of God is a false prophet. Again, if you want scripture just let me know.

3. Antichrist = There are many anti-Christ's. Just what is says, ANTI-CHRIST. I would think you're referring to the 'big one' - the one many believe has already been born and is readying himself to basically take over the world.

I hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I have given you the best scriptures on the second coming.
Matthew ch24, and the two letters to theThessalonians. A sudden and dramatic irruption into the world, in the full power of God.
The most important thing to know about the other contenders is that they won't be anything like that.

edit on 13-8-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Thanks for that. I have looked at Mathew ch 24 but wanted more than one opinion, and information on the other two. It would also be useful to get it in one post if possible

.a reply to: DISRAELI

edit on 13-8-2017 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

1. Second coming or Christ

2. False messiah (I meant false prophet)

3. Antichrist

What does the bible say?

Does it really matter ?

If you believe that Jesus is the ultimate Blood Atonement / Sacrificial Lamb, who has willingly given every sinner a 'Get out of Jail Free' card, then you will not be on this planet when (1) and (3) occur.

1) If you are here during the 7 Year Tribulation then who ever commits blasphemy in the 3rd Temple in Jerusalem is the antichrist. However, at that moment, the Mark of the Beast will be pumping so many nanites into your bloodstream, that you will not be able to think straight anymore.

2) Could be todays Pope as he wants a One World Religion and will willingly baptize demons in meat-suits (alien grays).

Just watch out for the FALSE antichrist first because everyone will be fooled so easily with the chain of events.

1) introduce a world dictator that rules with an iron fist (war) - fake anti-christ.
2) Aliens disguised as angels will kill this world leader. Everyone who took the Mark of the Beast will be killed off.
3) everyone left assumes that this is the Second Coming of Christ.
4) those who still exist believe he is the real christ
5) However, 7 years later, the real Jesus appears and wipes out the real anti-christ and his followers.
6) This will leave no one on the planet.
7) Then the true followers of Christ that were still holding lit lamps filled with oil at the time of the Rapture populate the planet after God puts their spirits into clean host bodies for eternity.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

His actual birthday is we consider that the father of John the Baptist was of the priestly line of Abia, and they had a certain time of year for their service. The father of John the baptist was the one to light the incense in the holy of Holies. His wife conceives sometime thereafter give of take two weeks then Mary was told Elizabeth was with child six months before being over shadowed by the Holy Ghost and conceives a child who is to be named Jesus.

So basically Jesus was six months younger than John the baptist, and by that if the births were full term. Jesus was born sometime between the last two weeks of September and the first two weeks of October give or take a week or two.

Anyone who rightly divides the word of truth can figure that one out.

The Dec 25th, st Nick, Satan claws er hem Santa Claus is all a made up lie of the Roman catholic church that many reformation churches later called protestant churches continued the tradition of Christ's birth being on Dec 25th. Bible believing churches know it is not his birthday, but hold the tradition anyway seeing it is so secular it is hard to kick against the goads of tradition.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I grew up a Methodist,my dad was a lay leader for the church,I never heard of an anti christ over the years I see things added to the bible,kind of how it started,or the rapture and how these people somehow say they will be raptured,unless your jewish and a high ranking Rabbi you don't stand a chance,but people never question things it seems,set up as a universal control method

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Mathew 6:22
King James Bible
The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Genesis 32:30
King James Bible
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved

Mathew 23:13
King James Bible
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Psalms 78:2
King James Bible
I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

Revelations 5:1
King James Bible
And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Josh 6:15
King James Bible
And it came to pass on the seventh day, that they rose early about the dawning of the day, and compassed the city after the same manner seven times: only on that day they compassed the city seven times.

John 14:20
King James Bible
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Luke 17:21
King James Bible
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

----_---------------------

Idk why seven is prevalent in the Bible, as well as "right side" or "east"

I hope you take care and God bless I guess. After all, the greatest gift to us isn't Jesus. It's the Earth.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There was a member awhile ago called "Lysergic". Lysergic acid i think is the active ingredient in L, S, D. Maybe that will be blocked. The Bible was written by extremely intelligent people and some even say by the hand of God.

If you start looking at things with a college level thinking. With the substance i was talking about you can connect things on the brink of insanity. What about "metaphor", a scarlet woman atop a multi-headed beast? Or "legion" we are many, maybe that described mental illness two millennia ago. And "beast" does that mean wild animal? Like missing link. Is he a man or monster?

Try to open your mind and not take everything as literal. I know thats a dangerous thing to say when speaking about the bible. My mom said that some things were lessons Jesus was trying to teach us.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Basically.

Just don't believe in no coming of a man until you get so flabbergasted that no hollywood picture or no fiction which activates your imagination can describe what you see.

Just know that when he comes, literally everyone will notice.

The others; news, a/v, hearsay etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Luke 17:21 King James Bible Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Do you know the difference between the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Former clergy, mate. Trust me, I know the world's leading fiction bestseller quite well. Fact is, all the End Times stuff is so open to various interpretations, it's funny. And the figure commonly referred to as "Anti-Christ" is actually a conglomeration of at least three different things : the Beast, the Little Horn, and some bloke named Nero.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Luke 17:21 King James Bible Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Do you know the difference between the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven?

What's the difference?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join