It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the bible say about Christ, the false messiah and the antichrist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm trying to work out the differences in between the 3,

1. Second coming or Christ

2. False messiah (I meant false prophet)

3. Antichrist

What does the bible say?
edit on 12-8-2017 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Almost nothing..

If I'm right it all comes from one chapter.. maybe even one paragraph that has been expanded on by common culture..
edit on 12-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Your second item is the English translation of your third item.
Either way, they are pretending to be the first item.
The first item, by definition, is the real thing.

The main way of telling the difference is that if people can go and see someone who is making that claim, then he is not the real thing. That is based on Matthew ch24 vv23-27. "If anyone says 'There he is', do not believe it".

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

KJV

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

Check this out...

www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

List of every bible verse refering to the antichrist.

Thought this was wild when scanning it..

This is Jon saying the end times were gonna be in his life time....

That is a bonafide prophet of God being just HORRIBLY WRONG..

Lol
edit on 12-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox
A full discussion of that passage is to be found at this location;
Many antichrists
Trying to understand what a text wants to say is a more constructive approach.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I mean false prophet? At the end times?a reply to: DISRAELI

edit on 12-8-2017 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What about these I quoted from a different thread??

2. RISES FROM THE ABYSS, Rev.17: 8
3. DECEIVES THE EARTH BY THE MEANS OF THOSE MIRACLES,
4. SHOWING HIMSELF THAT HE HIMSELF IS GOD
5. CREATES NEW ORDER IN 42 MONTHS
6. HEAD OF THE WORLD-CHURCH
7. CHANGES GOD'S LAWS
8. HIS FOLLOWERS SAY THEY ARE JEWS, AND ARE NOT
9. HE WILL MAKE FIRE COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN ON THE EARTH, Rev 13:13
10. HIS IMAGE WITH A WOUND IS WORSHIPPED UNIVERSALLY, RE 13:14
11. MANY WHO WOULD NOT WORSHIP THE IMAGE ARE KILLED, Re 13:15
12. CAUSE ALL TO RECEIVE HIS MARK (a symbol) BY THE RIGHT HAND UPON THE FOREHEADS IN HIS NAME. AND THAT NO MAN MIGHT BUY OR SELL, EXCEPT HE THAT HAD THE MARK, Rev. 13: 16 -17.
13. HE SHALL CHANGE TIMES, Da 7:25.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Revelation ch13 speaks of two "beasts", one from the sea and one from the land. The second one talks a lot against God and makes false miracles. I see the first beast as a state, and the second as the leader of the state. Think Hitler.
Revelation ch17 speaks of a beast and a false prophet. I think the false prophet is the same person as the "beast from the land" in the earlier chapter.
Either way, he would be the same person that people call the Antichrist (Revelation does not use that word).

PS In your post above, I think items 2 and 10 are about the beast "from the sea", the corporate body, and the rest are about the beast "from the land", the individual person.

edit on 12-8-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234

3. Antichrist

What does the bible say?

1. He's supposed to return on a "cloud" ( interpret cloud how you interpret it)

2. False prophet(s) is plural as there will be many he says.

3. Antichrist is anyone who doesn't try to BE come like Christ. Someone whose heart isn't loving and forgiving.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

By putting those 3 into a single thread and wanting a single simple answer you will only get hit with a lot of stuff that needs sorting out . Lets think about 2. False messiah . Most of the info is actually in second temple literature . They knew back then the season but couldn't nail down a date much like todays date setters on the second coming . So back then there were lots of people claiming to be the one . The Macabees probably fitting the bill as far as a conquering messiah goes . But John takes the time to explain the celestial parts pointing to Jesus being the one while the other gospels fill in some of the other details . In this vid the birth date is nailed down

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm trying to get a list of bible passages that would allow me to identify (and differentiate) between all 3...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Important passages about the second coming of Christ are Matthew ch24 and the two letters to the Thessalonians.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I will post a passage that speaks of all 3 and highlight the colors as to how it pertains to your question.

1. Second coming of Christ

2. False messiah

3. Antichrist

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12New Living Translation (NLT)

Events prior to the Lord’s Second Coming
2 Now, dear brothers and sisters, let us clarify some things about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered to meet him. 2 Don’t be so easily shaken or alarmed by those who say that the day of the Lord has already begun. Don’t believe them, even if they claim to have had a spiritual vision, a revelation, or a letter supposedly from us. 3 Don’t be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed—the one who brings destruction. 4 He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God.

5 Don’t you remember that I told you about all this when I was with you? 6 And you know what is holding him back, for he can be revealed only when his time comes. 7 For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way. 8 Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, but the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by the splendor of his coming.

9 This man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. 10 He will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them. 11 So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. 12 Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth.

Source

My interpretation of this is as follows:

The second coming will be where God, Jesus, and the Holy Sprit have their final battle with Satan, the man of sin, and the spirit of the Antichrist. Each play their part respective of the other.

The term antichrist is normally attributed to the man of sin. While the man of sin is an antichrist, he is not the sole antichrist. An antichrist is just someone who refutes that Jesus is the son of God, the antichrist is a spirit that powers this belief. Just as the Holy Spirit convicts people that Jesus is the son of God and allows people to commune with God via prayer.

God and Satan are spiritual beings that exist inside of a plane outside of our complete understanding.

Jesus and the man of sin, are God and Satan in the flesh as humans; respectively. The man of sin's goal on Earth will be to perform the miracles that Jesus did during the First Coming to fool people into thinking that he, the man of lawlessness Son of Perdition (a title given to this man), is God/Jesus. The goal of this is to get many people to worship the man of sin (The False Prophet) which will damn as many believers of Christ as possible during the final judgement.

Disclaimer: This is just my interpretation. I'm not saying it is right or wrong. It is sure to be subject to change as I keep studying. Keep studying to arrive to your own interpretations.
edit on 12-8-2017 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It's summed up in one verse.........

"and with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie, in order that judgment will come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness.…"
edit on 12/8/2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234

3. Antichrist

What does the bible say?

Tis the eternal earthly cycle of nations' rise and fall. What has happened will happen again. There is nothing new under the sun.

Those who have eyes can see it happening, those who have ears can hear it happening. But, the Kingdom is within, and Christ has already risen and resides within you. You are the eternal city, not New York, Rome or Pyongyang. Everyone who denies this is doing so with the authority of the AntiChrist.

That's what the Bible says.

edit on 12-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Than you.a reply to: majesticgent

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Nothing really. Only that there would be more Antichrists in the world when the world gets closer and closer to the end.

It isn't meant to be literally interpretation. Ugh.. I'm always saying this.

If you believe Christ is going to come, then by all means believe what makes your little heart Happy. If it gives you hope for a better future and life, go for it.

Just know one thing and one thing only.

Luke 17:21

Just one verse

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Exactly what Man wrote down i imagine.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You mean people take what the want from it no matter what it actually says right??

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Am I correct in interpreting that as God will purposefully embolden the wicked with a delusion so powerful, that sinners will believe the powers that the antichrist(s) claim? God will assist the delusion to further convince sinners that He is not the way? If that is what that highlighted passage is prophesizing, that's messed up.

Please advise on your post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join