It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College: Normal-Sized Seats Are a Microaggression

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

"Only a war on American soil could save the US now"

They'll soon learn the real definition of micro-aggression when tens of thousands of them are hurled their way with boomsticks

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'm a lefty too. I feel you, but my response was I will learn to do it better with what I have available. Not to complain about not pandering to the small percentage of leftys.

Indeed, I did not realize my oppression until much later in life. I just took it as a disadvantage against what was normal. Then I learned that what was normal was decided by a norm that was fostered by a conformity driven culture.

But that is just it sir, you were never at a disadvantage. You just chose to believe that "the man" was holding you down.
So many parallels to modern day that just raced right through me.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
How did these snowflakes find their way out of the womb?

Life needs one of those signs like at the carnival rides, if you don't measure up to this line you cannot ride. Now get the fk out of the way, go cry on an elephant ear dipped in cotton candy fatty two stumps, people are waiting to go have fun.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You’re so smart for a Black girl.

Racist

Why is he so fat?

Statement of fact.

All-gender bathrooms are so stupid.

Opinion.

This microaggression stuff is ridiculous. What kind of conversation are these kids even allowed to have?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Life needs one of those signs like at the carnival rides, if you don't measure up to this line you cannot ride. Now get the fk out of the way, go cry on an elephant ear dipped in cotton candy fatty two stumps, people are waiting to go have fun.

Careful what you wish for. You may be one of those that would not be fit to ride.
edit on 11-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So I guess the skinny folks can get relief in the form of padding on those hard bottomed seats in the classroom? Those of us who aren't padded adequately deserve consideration also!

I'm told that a fat person can feel micro-aggressed by simply seeing a skinny person walking down the street. I bow my head in shame to think that I have caused so much anguish in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I prefer major aggression.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seasonal

It's times like these when I think a nuke from North Korea might do us some good.

I will not disagree with you on this one

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: MysticPearl

96% ?

Can you toss me a link for that information?

I'll assume you were referring to hypothyroidism which can cause weight gain and the metabolism to slow.

Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones to meet the body's needs. Body functions slow. Of the U.S. population 12 years and older, 4.6 percent have hypothyroidism. Women are much more prone to it than men.

here

So of course none of that is an excuse for even roughly 9 out of every 10 fat people you see. It's lifestyle, the poor food choices, lack of exercise, too much booze, etc. I'm not talking a few extra lbs either, but fat. Obese.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Microagression is certainly not the right word.

But, Universities probably should adapt to their customers. Instead of cramming 3000 kids into a stadium for lecture, why not run concurrent half capacity lectures? Would that extra hour be too much of a burden for the professors?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet

But, Universities probably should adapt to their customers. Instead of cramming 3000 kids into a stadium for lecture, why not run concurrent half capacity lectures? Would that extra hour be too much of a burden for the professors?

Maybe some should not attend University and learn to work with their hands.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet

Professors are salaried for a full load (four classes), just as students pay to be a full time student. Professors do not make more if they teach more. Why would they do the extra work?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
So here is the thing, at 5'10" and over 200 lbs I am considered obese by Dr's charts.
I was an athlete in JR high, and went on to theater and marching band in HS, with my PE elective being weight training (lifting).
MY HS weight at grad was 180 (obese by Dr's charts).
At my heaviest (about 260) I could fit in to college seats with no problem, as well as HS seats.
So for me being 100 pounds over Dr's charts; if I could fit easily into college seats how big are these folk who are upset over the seat size?

ETA: I have never had a Dr. tell me I should loose weight.

HOLY CHIT, I think I just found my doppelganger. Same height, same weights, HS band(concert), and on the HS power lifting team. I also had no issues sitting in college even at 230lbs.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Careful what you wish for. You may be one of those that would not be fit to ride.

Calling it now, you just hurled a nano aggression, the freckled albino kid brother of micro.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Nobody forced them full of fat and sugar their whole lives.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Calling it now, you just hurled a nano aggression, the freckled albino kid brother of micro.

Nothing nano about it.

I'm saying you may be one of those that may not be worth pushing out.

But you would support that, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Once you've outgrown the furniture, it's time to take a stand.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Nothing nano about it.

I'm saying you may be one of those that may not be worth pushing out.

But you would support that, right?

So in other words, those that do not conform to the progressive snowflake programming are "deplorables" to you?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
How about a racist and wide-buttist microaggression from Australia in the early years

Kids these days are so soft.. they need cocoons to become the speshul butterflies they are so desperate to be...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: projectvxn
Do squats and stop whining.

Fat isn't something to be proud of.

Aye, but from 2012-2016 fat was beautiful.

Only now as school starts up are we back to fat being bad again.

I took it to mean that fat is normal, and the seats are discriminating against it.

Where are these SJW weirdos when it comes to economy class international 13 hours flights. Oh, they don't fly.. I forgot.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join