It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College: Normal-Sized Seats Are a Microaggression

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Our very fragile young adults are in need of protection from microaggressions. (don't check their facebook-twitter)

The New School, a university in New York City, has published a guide on avoiding microaggressions.

The university defines microaggressions as "brief and commonplace verbal, behavioral, or environmental indignities, whether intentional or not, that communicate a hostile, derogatory, or negative slight or insult toward a targeted group."
insider.foxnews.com...

Common examples of micro-aggression are.

Microaggression

“You’re so smart for a Black girl.”

“Why is he so fat?”

“All-gender bathrooms are so stupid.”
www.newschool.edu...

And a new one. Yes classroom seats that are too small for the most precious of our society, young adult students is a microaggression. And what maybe worse are these seats are discriminating against their fat asses causing embarrassment.

One of the guidelines involves the size of classroom seats. Most are too small for many people, resulting in embarrassment, The New School says.

edit on 11-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It's times like these when I think a nuke from North Korea might do us some good.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Everything is a frigging microaggression these days. I hate this new word, microaggression. My post is probably a microaggression. I have read about a woman's hair being microaggressive. This is out of control.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

#wide-butts-matter

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Only a war could save the U.S now, in another couple of generations you will all be so soft, that marshmallows will be considered hard.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I would like to line all these assholes up and slap them silly.
How is that for a microaggression?
edit on 11-8-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we presently at war?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

It is all a load of crap.

These sissies cry about seat pinching their fat asses, then go an facebook and use racist/sexist/trans-phobic terms and share videos of twerking and using water bongs.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I see your micro-agression, and raise you a macro-agression.

The whole cause is offensive to average thinking people.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

Everything is a frigging microaggression these days. I hate this new word, microaggression. My post is probably a microaggression. I have read about a woman's hair being microaggressive. This is out of control.

I am soo triggered.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Do squats and stop whining.

Fat isn't something to be proud of.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

“You’re so smart for a Black girl.”

Pretty sure that is just blatant racism or complete ignorance. Not sure microaggression would be the correct terminology as defined by the institution. I live in the really deep south and there is nothing commonplace about that kind of phrase.

Also, when did it go from unisex to all gender?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
"Ra, Ra, sis boom bah"

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

Geez I missed that part...Yeah, I wouldn't call that a "micro-aggression", that # is just racist.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Whats even worse is they equate “You’re so smart for a Black girl” with “All-gender bathrooms are so stupid.”

In what world do these 2 statement s belong in the same microaggression universe?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Your not wrong, I was just very vague. A big devastating war that resets the switch so to speak.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'd like to think that the microaggression crowd is a small minority of students. But I think it is now a good catch all for normal inconveniences of life, like your butt is too big.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm so done with this crap. Stay strong my american brothers and sisters. Can't wait what Germany is going to come up with when Merkel ruins us for another decade. I consider this generation already as a lost cause. Could someone hit the reset button or just let us skip this generation altogether please.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

As crazy as this sounds, why don't these SJW's band together and do some real good, and take the "these small seats are insulting" complaints to the airlines!!

If these clowns can get airlines to cave in to their SJW nonsense and get some nice, wide economy seats for all us plebs, I'll give them an enormous pat on the back. Hell, maybe I'll even go to one of their rallies and drink some beer with them.

edit on 11-8-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Ameilia

#wide-butts-matter

You've micro-aggressed me! My butt is not wide!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join