It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AmazonFresh Worker Reveals: Amazon Illegally Keeps Workers In A Freezer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler
a reply to: xuenchen

Where's the Unions when you need 'em.

trump and the gop are anti union, ask them.

Uhhh What?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar
Marcellus said it not Hamlet.

No, I'm not a Shakespeare geek, I like him a great deal but had to Google the quote to be sure!!

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: Gothmog

First can I point out the irony of you calling people complaining about staying too long in a freezer a snowflake? Second, if the employees are accurate, Amazon is breaking the law. I bet your the first one to say fry the bastard when an individual is charged with some crime, for instance an Anti-Fa protester. You're so brained washed by the corporate mentality that its humorous.

The original labor unions in this country risked their lives against the government and private police forces, like the evil Pinkertons, to fight for the rights of the working men. They were the furthest thing from snowflakes. The fact that we still have to fight these battles is absurd.

You ever stocked a coolers in a large convenience store ?
No
Done
Next

I managed the freezer in a grocery store. Even the days I did inventory I was never inside the freezer for 3-4 hours straight, locked in.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Amazon is required by law to furnish work cloths that are REQUIRED for the job. I used to do cold vehicle testing and don't know how many pairs of Carhartts the company bought. New every year head to toe. 2 hours that's it?? Maybe they need to hire people from Green Bay that's like spring time to them

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
during high school.. working in a "cold storage facility" was awesome... best during the summer.. spend all day it in till nightfall, and repeat in the morning.. was sometimes hard work, but the experience and the free ac during the summer was A+

edit on 19-7-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: peter vlar
Marcellus said it not Hamlet.

No, I'm not a Shakespeare geek, I like him a great deal but had to Google the quote to be sure!!

Haha touché! I haven't read it in over 25 years so I should have done a little googling myself prior to posting. Thanks for the proper citation.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like Amazon is getting more "cold hearted" as some employees claim they are left inside very cold work environments for hours on end !

Are these complaints and claims really "Valid" ?

Amazon should send them to Canada for training. Many people work outside during the winter months up north, they have the same exposure to constant cold.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'd actually take a pay cut to be allowed to stay in the freezer all day. Cold is the best thing going.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

temp index hit 105 today, management came around and told us all to get our hardhats back on. got some freezer work, I'm game.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Lol well I worked in freezers as well . better i did alot of ice fishing with the right gear and without .
with out you tend to move around more is the only difference .With the right gear it HAD to be 0 - 20 to not sweat your but off .
And that was 30 years agaio now a days they have stuff that is even warmer wile being like a jacket and light .
Give me arctic gear and a army issue sleeping bad ( the old type and your set for -40 sleep like a baby .
But if they only have tea shirts that mite be a problem ( even though yea i to have worked in 0 and took of my coats as the work its self kept me warm .
But maybe if they push they can get better wages if so more power to them wages now a days suck .
Still would go ice fishing free lol .

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I've lost count of the number of hours I spent working in sub-zero freezers, depending upon the freezer unit temps could be as low as minus 35 to minus 40...for hours at a time. With the right gear, easy peasy. However, if you're not a regular worker in those conditions, they can be nightmarish. Less than an hour, if at all possible.

If Amazon doesn't provide adequate protective work gear, they're probably in violation of state and federal guidelines. It's been a few years since I've had to be familiar with the guidelines...so they may have changed.

I certainly don't think much of the supervisory personnel. As a shift head, and as a dept. head, that was my primary concern...the safety of my crews--which includes them being warm enough. Cold people make mistakes, under the wrong conditions fatal ones. I always made sure my guys and gals had proper clothing and boots.

Crew safety, then getting the product out. As I said, cold uncomfortable people make mistakes, sometimes fatal ones, or make mistakes that cost millions in lost product. You've not lived until you're trying to explain to someone, the boss of bosses down in Seattle, why four or five million dollars worth of product was lost/damaged because people weren't geared properly, and left fans turned off in IQF blast freezers. Fortunately, I wasn't the one who had to try (and fail) explain...I got to clean up the mess.

What's the old saying? For want of a nail?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Exactly!

If they aren't being allowed proper attire, they're not being snowflakes, they're being placed in a potentially dangerous situation. Frostbite is no joke.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That's just it, though...

Are they being provided with the proper gear? If so, yeah, shut the hell up and work. Stay busy, you stay warm.

If they aren't? Whole 'nother story all together.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: botay

With the heat index and humidity in South Georgia, I'm game for freezer work all day.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
BUT...BUT...

I thought "workers rights don't matter" and "unions are evil!"

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The Amazons and Walmarts of the world..aren't they adorable they way they want to crush the mom and pop or smaller outfits..they make me sick

I hope they get sanctioned for this.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

is there any validity to this tail ???- it has glaring flaws

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

My dislike of their business practices/taking over the world..yes it's true

As for the reason for the OP..not sure but I'm going to look up regulations regarding working in the cold.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

There are regulations on exposure..here is what I found
www.ccohs.ca...

I tried to cut and paste but it did not translate well

edit on 20-7-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
BUT...BUT...

I thought "workers rights don't matter" and "unions are evil!"

"Workers Rights" and "Unions" are only as strong as the People that need them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join