It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia, Indonesia Muslim groups call for Starbucks boycott for LGBTQ support

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: seasonal

Looks like they're late to the party.

Christian Group Calls For Boycott Over Titillating New Starbucks Logo

Good grief, these idiot cultists just screech about boycotting businesses that don't behave to fit the world view they've applied their cult teachings to form.

Here I am feeling frustrated with those absurd little antifa basement dwellers and their ilk and forgetting to remember that the stupidity extends across the human spectrum.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Meh.

2 words.

Chick Fil-a

Well technically 2 words and a letter.

tasty words though.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Rut Roh!

The contents of this thread shooting out of a TV would be like a mass SJW brain burst beam.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Muslim groups in Malaysia and Indonesia have called for a boycott of Starbucks because of the coffee chain's support for LGBT rights.

Malaysian group Perkasa, which supports a hard-line form of Islam and nationalism, this week called on its more than 500,000 members to stay away from Starbucks coffee shops. This week and last, leaders of Indonesia's second largest mainstream Muslim group, Muhammadiyah, with an estimated 29 million members, denounced the chain.
www.chicagotribune.com...

Looks like there is difference in tolerance and it is starting to show. A "hard line" form of Islam is calling for 500,000 if it's members to just say no to the Buck's.
Not very tolerant, wonder what else they don't tolerate?

Starbucks is stupid anyway, theyre jeopardizing their company for a minority. I dont support them what so ever.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

They're making a small statement that they support equality. There is a push back by groups who are against equality. That is all this is about. I think the stupid thing was to try to operate in backwards crap holes like Indonesia.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

What equality are they for?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

They're making a small statement that they support equality. There is a push back by groups who are against equality. That is all this is about. I think the stupid thing was to try to operate in backwards crap holes like Indonesia.

Gay people can marry now whats the big deal, and no, they could have contributed without openly involving there marketing. Theyre stupid.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yeah since very recently. Why withdraw support just because of that? They aren't screaming it from the rooftops or anything. I'm not for or against their position now, but I don't see the logic in just saying yeah alright you got what you want now you can all get effed. Allow it to decompress and just fade away. All these cry baby cultists are doing is not making it go away.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Rut Roh!

The contents of this thread shooting out of a TV would be like a mass SJW brain burst beam.

Why?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

SJW 'Logic' Sheet:
A. Defend Gay culture stuff rabidly & wholeheartedly.
B. Defend Muslim culture stuff rabidly & wholeheartedly.
C. Criticize Christian culture stuff rabidly & wholeheartedly.

So here we have Muslim's attacking gays, which they might rationalize ignoring the story but since Christian's are attack the same group of gays well that's intolerable. Now put 20 different SJW's in the same room and activate that beam and watch them all turn howling cannibal.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I've learned that it's only okay to support rights in your own country.

I've always been a supporter of gay rights, equal rights.

But when I'm critical of Afghanistan men raping little boys, on here. . . I'm told to STFU because it's their "culture".

So the comments here have made me a bit curious is all.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

But when I'm critical of Afghanistan men raping little boys, on here. . . I'm told to STFU because it's their "culture".

I hope nobody on ATS has ever defended the man-boy culture over there.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Oh lady, you've missed some crazy threads!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Put me down as one for equal rights too. DB is right as rain on a spring morning. The Christian side does not behead, or otherwise murder LBGT people and if they ever did, they would be NOT loving their neighbor, part of the greatest commandment. Equal rights is the idea, not special rights here and crying about "Mmerica hates" this or that while ISIS has their very own special plan, probably of just horrific pain as part of the special rights they feel are for the BLGT's, as one conservative calls them. But the deciders of men's fate who are LBGT might molest young children and animals and that is ok.

I DO see the distinction and salute others who do also.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I hope nobody on ATS has ever defended the man-boy culture over there.

Oh it sickened my stomach at the defenders as DB alluded too in ATS speak.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Agreed, libs sometimes paint themselves into a corner. You can't support both of these particular "causes".

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Oh lady, you've missed some crazy threads!

Apparently. I don't personally know anybody who would (and I'm in SJW capital, as you know).

I see it as no less ugly than pedophile priests in the US.

This is why I left anthropology. My ability to see relativistic morality was hindered by my own relativistic morality. Wrap your noggin around that.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Agreed, libs sometimes paint themselves into a corner. You can't support both of these particular "causes".

No. And I don't know anybody who supports Islam as a "cause". I know (myself included) people who rail against hypocrisy from the right when judging Islam but I put them all in the same camp. The beheading and all that is cultural and a product of Abrahamic faiths, in general. Christians in Africa do the same thing.

In the US, there are countless Christians, Jews, and Muslims who all pretty much follow the same social rules of decency and "live and let live".

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Starbucks should step in and end this situation peacefully.

They could offer these "tolerant", religion of "peace" followers a job in the US with the program they created to give additional 100s of thousands of jobs to illegals.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Boycott Christians. Boycoutt LGBT. When does it end?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join