It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Returning to Reason - Rolling back minimum wage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Good news! Looks like the jokers over in Missouri finally wised up and realized that giving lower class folks more money only hurts all our situations.

www.msn.com...

From a ridiculous 10$ hike back down to a reasonable $7.70 (though honestly I think we can all agree that even that's still too high).

If they can keep their heads about them and continue this trend, Missouri may become the only state in the US that can compete with world leaders in manufacturing and technology (India, China, Pakistan, etc). If the minimum wage was closer to say $2-$3 you bet your sweet ass we would be flooded with so many jobs our heads would spin!

Looks like Trump will finally make good on that promise to bring jobs back from oversee's. Imagine, if Apple brought its iPhone manufacturing over here we could have effectively whole fabrication company owned cities spring up with jobs for manufacturing, just like the success at Foxconn in China!

This helps illustrate the problem with liberal ideology in the US where everyone thinks they deserve a kings wage where they can eat what they want, watch what they want, enjoy pastime activities as much as they want, and not have to do anything for it. Heck, my grandfather used to tell me when he was little his parents saved up for a vacation for 10 years, and you better believe everyone enjoyed the heck out of it! That's the America we need to return to.

MAGA!

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The minimum wage should be abolished entirely. Let the market decide what the wage basement for each job should be. If said basement doesn't pay the bills, seek a different career.

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Where in America do you live that $7.70 is too high of a minimum wage?

If you work at a fast food place you can't even buy a meal there with what you make in an hour.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I sense a hint of sarcasm, amirite?

Before I fully respond, I would like to make sure that your post didn't "go over my head" so to speak..the minimum wage issue can become a heated debate at times, just want to make sure I understand your point of view.

Personally, I see the pros and cons from both sides.

Sadly the system is rigged to work this way, no matter what we do it will balance itself out to keep the rich richer, and the poor poorer regardless what wages we earn.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The minimum wage should be abolished entirely. Let the market decide what the wage basement for each job should be. If said basement doesn't pay the bills, seek a different career.

Because everyone has that opportuiny. How ignorantly naive you are to the real world.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is the primary reason why it is best to earn relevant educations which are economically viable throughout one's working lifetime so that one does not have to depend on having government gauge your monetary earning potential.

+2 more 
link   

back down to a reasonable $7.70 (though honestly I think we can all agree that even that's still too high)

Errrr , No.

If the minimum wage was closer to say $2-$3 you bet your sweet ass we would be flooded with so many jobs our heads would spin!

What a ridiculous thing to say , would you work for that or is it only good enough for the poor ?

link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

Yes.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Because everyone has that opportuiny. How ignorantly naive you are to the real world.

Unless there's an anchor tied to your ass, freedom of mobility and career mobility are two very well defensed civil liberties present in the US. How arrogantly condescending of workers you are here in the real world.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What?

People still getting paid to work?

They should work for the privilege alone! In true service to: God; Country; and rich greedy bastards.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
What?

They should work for the privilege alone! In true service to: God; Country; and rich greedy bastards.

I'm just flabbergasted that people are still working to get paid! Why do that when you can sit on your ass watching TV and collecting those welfare handouts and subsidized life off the work sweat of others like so many folk do?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Yes.

Well then for the most part I agree with you. The people against minimum wage increases seem to think that they're "modern academia" makes them more worthy of a living wage as opposed to a laborer.

Yes, skilled workers like doctors definitely deserve more than a fast food worker, but a fast food worker deserves a living wage, everyone does as long as they are willing to work for it.

I actually have many opinions on this matter, I will have to return...something just came up.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Guess the pols of Missouri have some other plan up their sleeve to alleviate the galloping poverty throughout their state. I'll be interested to see what it is. But I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Why do that when you can sit on your ass watching TV and collecting those welfare handouts and subsidized life off the work sweat of others like so many folk do?

This x1000!

It doesn't make any sense why people are bothering at all trying to work with the system when we could all just sit back, relax, do nothing, and live like wellfare kings (or queens)! I just get sick to my stomach thinking how easy it is for undeserving folk to live an upper middle class lifestyle off the sweat of my brow by doing nothing! Seriously, when we're throwing huge gobs of money at these people is it any surprise they don't want to pull themselves up by their bootstraps!?!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Yes.

Well then for the most part I agree with you. The people against minimum wage increases seem to think that they're "modern academia" makes them more worthy of a living wage as opposed to a laborer.

Yes, skilled workers like doctors definitely deserve more than a fast food worker, but a fast food worker deserves a living wage, everyone does as long as they are willing to work for it.

I actually have many opinions on this matter, I will have to return...something just came up.

Robots have taken over most warehouse laborer jobs, and are currently taking over all logistic jobs. If you are in physical labor - get out asap!

www.bostondynamics.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Actually you would find that if the minimum wage was decreased incrementally across the nation,
the cost of living would fall as well. Ever wonder why everything is so expensive within cities that have a higher minimum wage? We start paying everyone 15 dollars an hour and the price of goods will skyrocket. The wage increase is the reason for a candy bar that used to cost 10 cents now costing 2 dollars.
edit on 6-7-2017 by jh573561 because: Spelling mistake

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jh573561

They would also have to cut welfare and subsidies massively for this to work. As it presently stands now, the ridiculous costs of living are floored by handouts. If the government will subsidize $1250 a month for rent control housing, then you can damn well bet that those of us who are actually doing something with our lives will not find any rentals for less than $1250 a month in that market.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
What?

I'm just flabbergasted that people are still working to get paid! Why do that when you can sit on your ass watching TV and collecting those welfare handouts and subsidized life off the work sweat of others like so many folk do?

Indeed: living off of the public tit is a great way to cruise through life.

But: wouldn't the others be sweating just as much, if everyone worked?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

"But: wouldn't the others be sweating just as much, if everyone worked?"

Without all of the social spending crap American workers are taxed to hell to fund, all of the Kept Voter programs, plus all of the artificial manipulations of the free market inherent to a system by which some are subsidized, those sweating more would take home more of their own actual earnings.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

These things take time to adjust. We are reaping what we have sown. A higher minimum wage hurts those in trade professions. Their wage does not increase, will the rate for services increases. The divide would balance out. And subsidized housing is based off of income rates PLUS you have to take into account that the subsidized housing is uaually already paid for, the tent is for services like maintaining the facilities, etc. These things will balance out. Plus noone pays the supposed rent out of their taxes. I lived in subsidized apartments, they got the rent I paid which was 350 dollars a month. But if I had the money the rent was at a cap of 650 a month. But that difference is not paid by anyone, I spoke with the housing manager about these things.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join