It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Parents - Canada's new 'gender identity' law.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

“With the passage of Bill 89, we’ve entered an era of totalitarian power by the state, such as never witnessed before in Canada’s history. Make no mistake, Bill 89 is a grave threat to Christians and all people of faith who have children, or who hope to grow their family through adoption.”

A Canadian province has passed a law that gives rights to the government to take away children from families that don’t accept their kid’s chosen “gender identity” or “gender expression”.
s ource

I'm speechless actually... Truly...

Give me a moment to catch my breath before outrage explodes.

I will never believe Gender dysphoria isn't purely psychological or behavioral induced (and abusive). There's nothing 'biological' about it. The only case I would accept is Hermaphroditism.

peace
edit on 1114Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: link add

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Take them away? Jeez that's harsh
Thing is there are many people experts and others that think all this gender crap is a mental illness

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Did you read the bill?

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Define accept.

This is going to be interesting.

Nothing like a messed up teen using this law to "get back" at mom and dad because they have to be in the house by 10PM.
It will happen.

+36 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You voted for this liberal crap when you guys elected Trudeau.

It's madness and Government at its worst.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

PM Trudeau is Federal.

This bill is Provincial.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

PM Trudeau is Federal.

This bill is Provincial.

So what, peck.

Can a man not just bash liberals with no regard for the facts without being corrected instantly nowadays?

Political correctness man. It's ruining the world.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Teen? They're talking little kids - prepubescent.

Sick.

peace

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Good. I'm glad they passed that bill and i'm proud.

Makes Vancouver all the more appealing.

From a very misunderstood trans girl.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen
Although the majority of Vancouver (and BC for that matter) is very accepting, I am afraid that this bill does not apply there.

This bill pertains to Ontario only.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Ah, okay well, you got the idea anyway.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

If you don't mind answering, when did you 'know' there was something about you that was different than others?

And please forgive my use of language if it isn't politically correct. I have no desire to learn political correctness concerning this issue but that does not mean I would ever say anything to intentionally hurt or offend you.

I will point you back to my OP - I edited it.

You might want to read the addition before you choose to answer me because I don’t believe for an instant you were ‘born' that way. Again, no offence.

peace

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
So what, peck.

Can a man not just bash liberals with no regard for the facts without being corrected instantly nowadays?

Political correctness man. It's ruining the world.

I guess we could, but they both have so many different areas we can bash them in/for, that I would feel like some would get lost in the clutter if we treated them as one entity.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
My daughter's childhood friend is transgender. His father will have nothing to do with him (mother just loves her child). Obviously has torn the family apart. What ever happened to unconditional love? I never understood how a parent could stop loving a child because they were different.

A form of child abuse? Maybe. But taking children away because you told them the Easter Bunny was real? Seriously? Heck, I'm Jewish and we still had the Easter Bunny come. Childhood should be about wonder and magic! I think my three kids have grown up to be fantastic people! Didn't seem to harm them one bit.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

PM Trudeau is Federal.

This bill is Provincial.

And the governing party in Ontario is, wait for it, the Liberal Party of Ontario.

Led by the incomparable, infamously LGBQT (not that there's anything wrong with that) Kathleen Wynne, who has the distinction of holding the lowest approval rating for an Ontario Premier in the history of the office, a whopping 12%, and whose many accomplishments include making emails pertaining to a multi-billion dollar gas-plant scandal magically disappear, remarkable fundraising using an innovative "cash for access" methodology, investing in the green energy infrastructure presently driving Ontarian's into poverty, all while privatizing sixty percent of the province's energy infrastructure and then refinancing the debt on said green investments to bring electricity rates down just in-time for the next election, creating billion's in additional interest that won't have to be paid back for at least another four years. The latest? A cap-and-trade carbon tax.

Ontario has the largest sub-sovereign debt of any government in the world, double that of California, whilst boasting less than half the population.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Orwells Ghost because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That bill is some tremendous bull****. I am accepting of sexualities besides heterosexuality, I am accepting of transgender people that are ACTUALLY transgender and not just going along with what's trendy nowadays, but this idea that there are 80+ genders is just ridiculous and untrue, as well as forcing people to call you by a certain name or pronoun. It's just ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Oh sh!t you will trigger a lot of people with your facts. Godspeed anon. I'm outta here.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why is government getting involved in this. Kids do not know anything about gender choice, they should only be able to choose after they are old enough to do it, the human mind does not totally mature till around twenty four years old, at eighteen it is fairly well developed. Kids are too impressionable before that, they could make hasty decisions. They have not developed the ability to reason.

If they pass this law then they should also pass a law that states kids are liable for crimes they commit. None of this letting them off with a less sentence if they are juveniles, if they are considered mentally capable of changing their gender, they are mentally capable of being completely liable for crimes they commit, no purging of records for juviniles.

These two are closely related, if you say a kid is mature enough to have gender identity than they are mature enough to toss in prison. These two are inseparable.

I do not think parents should be forced by the state to allow their kids to make choices they are not mature enough to make yet. I do think the courts should realize kids do make mistakes and that they should be given a break from juvinile crimes initially though. We are talking about similar moral issues here, kids do not mature that young that they should be allowed to make changes in gender.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Did you read the bill?

I'd like to read the actual bill. Is it linked in the OP and I just missed it?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost
What does this have to do with pointing out that a bill in Ontario has nothing to do with PM Trudeau, or Canada as a whole?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join