It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Zuckerberg joins Silicon Valley bigwigs in calling for government to give everybody free money

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Mark Z is in favor of a basic income for Americans. He feels he had a safety net when he was poking around a computer, but some children need to support their family. He feels a universal income would provide a cushion to allow people to take risks, just like he did.

Mark Zuckerberg called on the need to consider universal basic income for Americans during his Harvard Commencement Speech.

Zuckerberg's comments reflect those of other Silicon Valley bigwigs, including Sam Altman, the president of venture capital firm Y Combinator.

"Every generation expands its definition of equality. Now it's time for our generation to define a new social contract,"

Zuckerberg said that, because he knew he had a safety net if projects like Facebook had failed, he was confident enough to continue on without fear of failing. Others, he said, such as children who need to support households instead of poking away on computers learning how to code, don't have the foundation Zuckerberg had. Universal basic income would provide that sort of cushion, Zuckerberg argued.
www.cnbc.com...

+5 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Good he can start buy giving away his and going to prison where he belongs.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Wow why prison?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is the typical elitist mind set. "I was good enough to do this, but the rest of you dummies probably won't be." Instead, how about offering a price cap on educational expenses. The real problem isn't risking to start a business, it is risking to put yourself in a life-time of debt just to obtain a 4 year college education.

I have many, many clients who are on public assistance. When you take away personal responsibility, you take away rights. Addiction is rife within low income communities because of the depression caused by feeling useless, IMHO.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The UK government already does this. There are number of ways to qualify such as, having children that you do not have the means to raise, or openly calling for the deaths of the infidel/soldiers/police etc.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
20 Trillion in debt, our social programs are currently unsustainable, and he wants less people working/more people leaching off the tax payer. How brilliant

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The phony facade of liberalism is slowly showing its true face.
edit on 2017-05-25T22:23:15-05:002201725America/Chicago5 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Naturally this "Basic Income" will be just below the level where they will have to pay income tax...thereby avoiding re-supplying their "Golden Goose". Plus they'll get Food stamps, and a lump-sum of cash from the Earned Income Credit.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Is he also advocating for the rich to pay more taxes so this can be accomplished?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I think this is a great idea. The government takes 75% of our money in some kind of damm tax anyway.

They could take it out of the damm military budget and still have the highest budget in the world.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Wow why prison?

Well Facebook is selling everyones personal information to the highest bidder for starters. I'm so glad that i avoided Twitter and Facebook.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
www.quora.com...

Forget whether you agree he stole FB from the Voss Twins. He outright DID mislead them as far as him supposed to be working on the deal he made with them for the HV Connection. Except he didn't, did he? He instead embezzled the $ on his own scheme and then ripped EVERYONE off including his co founding friend. The guy the the slimiest thing I have ever seen and I wish he would drop dead of a heart attack sometimes because it drives me insane to see putrid filth like him walking around as if he did something when so many that actually HAVE something are struggling.

Fk him.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Damn he's smart, send him more tax dollars to harvest us.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

He is the biggest Bill Gates wannabe I've ever seen. He sold out every FaceBook user to the black surveillance ops (as did Google). Just another pawn on the chessboard for the true power players who know how to exploit people like him

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I really did not know who this guy was until recently.

I don't see the fascination with FB. To each their own.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I really did not know who this guy was until recently.

I don't see the fascination with FB. To each their own.

It's about the Law prevailing. I don't care about FB.

He needs to be in jail.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I will have to take your word for it. I don't have enough interest to do the research. But nothing surprises me.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Instead of a basic income, how about a decent single payer health care system first?
I wouldn't mind my taxes going up 20% in order to get health care (of which I have none right now, and if a catastrophe where to happen, all of you would be on the hook, since well, everybody bitched when Bill wanted it, and now here we are...)
Can't afford it. $280 a month for a $5000 deductible? And no doctors visits or preventative care for the fee of having health care until I Pay that five grand out...

It's not about the D or R, it's about greed and about how health insurance is scrambling for the last bit of their pie before the house comes tumbling down.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Correct, but I fear the medical industry is going to drive this mother trucker into the ground.

They are grabbing all they can now.

Our system is #1 in cost by a long shot and #37 in health out comes. Our medical system is horrible.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

The UK government already does this. There are number of ways to qualify such as, having children that you do not have the means to raise, or openly calling for the deaths of the infidel/soldiers/police etc.

I like how you snuck that in there.

<<   2  3 >>

join