It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of young women going 'au naturel' as nearly a quarter now don't shave their underarms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Apparently 3 or more blade razor heads are causing more irritation and rashes because it cuts too close to the skin. My brother can't shave his face without his neck and chin breaking out into large swaths of hives.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Apparently 3 or more blade razor heads are causing more irritation and rashes because it cuts too close to the skin. My brother can't shave his face without his neck and chin breaking out into large swaths of hives.

I feel your brother's pain. I like giving myself a really close shave, but the same thing happens to me. I break out in hives nearly ever time. It's very unfortunate.
edit on 18-5-2017 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

try coconut oil in place of shave cream.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I wonder if switching back to a single or double razor will help with the problem.

I agree with seasonal about the coconut oil... apparently some of the shaving creams from LUSH also help with the irritation but it clogs your razor really fast and you're constantly rinsing.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: seasonal

It doesn't mater what women look like. Men will always find them attractive.

Imagine going in for a hug and feeling two shrubs under your arms...that doesnt float my boat.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
why is this in the civil unrest forum?

my five cents - i fall into the shaving camp, but i'm very lazy and i got a lot going on in life so it can often be a considerable time between clean ups, and i'll tell ya this
my girl loves and supports me regardless of what my hair is doing this week, cus it's me she loves and not what my body is doing with strands of keratin

and anyway dudes aren't gonna notice **squat** until you've let it go for months on end. we're talking full winter coat here. Other physical attributes enrapture their attention, to put it mildly, and for all this policing women's bodies through strongly worded 'preferences' online, most dudes down there in the flesh..... they really aren't that observant

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I eat fur pie with abandon..Yummm!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Seems like Aussie women favor it, from "research" on other things.

Where were you researching to ,backpackers hostels .

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Seriously
My wife does and doesnt. Who cares ...i love my wife

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: whyamIhere

Not a fan either.

Seems very masculine to let the under arm garden grow. Then again I must be part of the yolk of oppression that these poor women are railing against better known as social expectations.

Naa youre not, I think its gross lol but I also know what how having all that extra hair can really make things smell worse as well......I shave everything, but then again I do bodybuilding so, when you do shows and stuff you cant have it, its just easier to keep it off, and now honestly i prefer it, I notice I sweat much less....

My girl is also an aesthetician, MOST women arent a fan of bodyhair on themselves and its not because "oppression" its because the cleanliness and they like to feel smooth .....

Shes having to grow out her leg hair and arm pits as we speak for a class shes doing so they can wax each other and its driving her absolutely nuts lol.......its kind of funny actually.....

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

I feel your brother's pain. I like giving myself a really close shave, but the same thing happens to me. I break out in hives nearly ever time. It's very unfortunate.

alright guys, listen up. your resident trans beauty queen had to deal with unwanted facial hair for several years and now you get to benefit from her years of violent hair pain experience.

firstly, always use a fresh, sharp razor. if you're not rich enough for a new one every day [and seriously, who is] you can keep your disposables sharp by getting an old pair of jeans and running the blade firmly with the grain of the fabric a bunch of times before you use it. sounds a bit weird but you can feel the difference and you can extend the life of blades for months if you're careful.

shave in, or after, a warm shower. it opens the pores etc i'm sure we all know that

use a low irritant, unscented, moisturising shaving cream. or cocoa butter, or coconut oil, or if you're a daredevil, try hair conditioner. be careful with that last one though cus it'll give a real close shave but also make the shower floor as slippery as all heck.

and most important !!!MOISTURISE YOUR FACE AFTERWARDS!!! i know a lot of guys think it's unmanly or whatever but your skin will love you for it and it will feel fantastic. if you're uncertain about the whole extensive wildly expensive moisturiser industry, start with cocoa butter. you can grab a bottle for like seven bucks at any supermarket and the stuff is magic - it feels like a healing balm, and i can't overstate how good it smells - your girl will love it.

and that's it! simple stuff but it makes a world of difference.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Freaking gross. I also HIGHLY doubt the number is so large.

The "free from" trend, which sees women rejecting chemicals in favour of natural products

So shave. Use natural soap, buy the old school metal razor and blades.

A feminist push back against the removal of body hair has also influenced women's choices.

Gross. I bet all these women (that aren't lesbians, so 10%) want to be with a man that's either clean shaven or has groomed stubble too. This sounds like typical feminist nonsense. Love me for being fat, I want a buff guy. I bet they're all too fat to shave, and glommed on to the movement as an excuse.

Do whatever you want ladies. Just don't shame me for not being into it.

Shaved, slender, sweet, smart, smitten. Perfect woman. I dropped the ball on a word that starts with s for funny.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

As a dude that shaves literally everything, I can attest to coconut oil and single blades fixing my razer burn and bump issue lol

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Careful as it does clog pores and can be very painful if left on for long periods. I make coconut oil deodorant, that was a main concern with it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If I had a preference it would be smooth, is it a dealkiller..no.
I'm liking the shaving tips..will be trying coconut oil..get some hives on my neck.
edit on 19-5-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Right, I personally do not like it but then it is not my body it is her's, also it is worth noting that shaving has now been linked to skin cancer in woman probably down to whatever they put on after they have shaved the region.
Still there are always method's that don't harm the skin.

And how many woman quit shaving once they have snared there guy and got him into wedlock.

My personal opinion, Mediterranean and rough it guy's will probably go wild for hairy chick's (Mr's Doubtfire bus driver scene - no wonder goat's are not safe) but to my mind it just makes me think of sweaty, smelly, horrible and fleas.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Off topic: Rick and morty for the win!

I thought it was a Monty Python reference, no?

As for my own pits...if there's a razor in the shower, they get shaved. If not...well, maybe next time...

My pits don't define me! *crazy eyes*

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Off topic: Rick and morty for the win!

I don't know if bringing Rick and Marty into it is off topic.

I don't know Rick's stance on hair, but the "Anatomy Park" episode full on discloses Morty dodged a bullet because of puffy vagina. I'm not being vulgar and I think it's a valid point.

Well whats wrong with that? It doesn't sound like a problem to me. I don't know.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If Dan Hedaya doesn't have to shave his shoulder hair, I think it should be okay for women to be a little hairy too.

Just sayin'

edit on 5/19/2017 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Ahh but then you have that whole velcro problem of people getting stuck together don't you.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join