It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit School to Hold ‘Muslim Girls Only’ Prom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Seems these girls have very little in the way of freedoms even living in a western country, I am in no way defending the faith I think it is backwards and is detrimental to todays society.

IN my eyes this is a compromise and not a bad one, exclusion is not a way forward either. If there is going to be any hope for Muslims to integrate it is with the young.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

You will have to give me any evidence that this is dangerous for the girls and that the school is playing with fire. If the parents let them go, then fine. If others won't, then fine. It's still there for the girls.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Name one Christian activity that will only allow girls and no cell phones.

link   
Burka-twerkin'!

Seriously, might as well just say "Sharia Law" for Muslims, and Constitutional law for the rest of us.

If they start tossing gays off of buildings?

Tough sh#t.

link   
a reply to: wdkirk
I agree this is not 'normal'. Why can they not go as they go to school? Hijab and all? They don't have to dance with boys, most girls in America often are all dancing together and a few braver boys will actual dance a few dances too.

Edit add: Public means all encompassing, not separated. Private means it is and should not be public. This is not providing them freedom to enjoy America. It is an appeasement to a religion and one that will push it further than their own members.
edit on 5 12 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Look up honor killings-

If they must wear hijabs I image there are other "traditions" that are up held as well.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well at least nobody will succumb to alcohol abuse on that night out.

Who cares is some school chooses to hold a Muslim only prom???

It's not like there are not other similar events that focus on Christian events, off the top of the hat Easter and Christmas activities, holidays and events spring to mind.

Easter and Christmas are Christian Holidays? I am so going to Hell for that....oops. another Christian make believe place.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Burka-twerkin'!

Seriously, might as well just say "Sharia Law" for Muslims, and Constitutional law for the rest of us.

If they start tossing gays off of buildings?

Tough sh#t.

I spit my beer our on this one.

Nicely done sir.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Praise be to liberals for this wonderful gift

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Look up honor killings-

If they must wear hijabs I image there are other "traditions" that are up held as well.

Sighs. I know what they believe. Stop being obtuse. As I have stated if the parents are ok with it then there is no "playing with fire".

link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sorry, these girls have no right to have fun.

The schools should keep their noses out of the business of honoring "religious laws".

This is not prom. This is a bunch of girls getting together and listening to music.

Right..

I went to an private English boarding school as youngster and I had religion shoved down my throat every single day, it was relentless.

I think you will find that sermons in churches inspired schools, schools have always been steered by religion.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How many gay people atop buildings do you expect these girls will encounter over the period of the evening?

As to "Burka-twerkin'" there has to be meme out there doing the rounds that features such a thing.

As to Sharia Law being involved, i don't think Muslims who hold with such a draconian system of rule would be up for sending the children to such an event anyway.
edit on 12-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I agree this is not 'normal'. Why can they not go as they go to school? Hijab and all? They don't have to dance with boys, most girls in America often are all dancing together and a few braver boys will actual dance a few dances too.

You are 100% correct for asking....and I agree. Why can't they be involved like every day school? Why is separation needed at prom?

Why not practice tolerance like the rest of us are forced to do? Pun intended.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Oh as long as everyone fills out permission slips.

Silly that the schools is getting involved with this.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

You are 100% correct for asking....and I agree. Why can't they be involved like every day school? Why is separation needed at prom?

The whole point is to let them be themselves without wearing hijabs. And also I think that dancing with boys is a big no-no unless I am mistaken?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Public schools are not steered by the church.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DBCowboy

How many gay people atop buildings do you expect these girls will encounter over the period of the evening?

As to "Burka-twerkin'" there has to be meme out there doing the rounds that features such a thing.

As to Sharia Law being involved, i don't think Muslims who hold with such a draconian system of rule would be up for sending the children to such an event anyway.

Who the hell knows!

They don't want to integrate into American culture, yet they go to our schools.

If their local mosque held a dance for them, that'd be different.

But the school is making religious exceptions.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Why is it silly? It's a nice gesture and paves a way to enlighten those girls.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

How is it enlightening these girls.

Are you making a judgement on their religion?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: wdkirk

The whole point is to let them be themselves without wearing hijabs. And also I think that dancing with boys is a big no-no unless I am mistaken?

...with my record collection and the mirror's reflection I'ma dancin with my self...oh oh...uh oh......

Billy Idol. 1982

I suppose Muslims can't own Billy Idol records either? Why go to Prom then?
edit on 12-5-2017 by wdkirk because: ...not sure if the Top 100 is allowed by Allah

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join