It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain a part of evolution to me?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: HeFrippedMeOff2

No it isn't. Math is exact and precise. Science doesn't adhere exactly to simple mathematics. There is no such thing as a natural circle for instance. Thus math can only serve as an approximation. Have you not heard of significant figures before and margin of error before?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeFrippedMeOff2
a reply to: Krazysh0t

op says, " In science, a theory is not a guess, not a hunch. It's a well-substantiated, well-supported, well-documented explanation for our observations."

I say standard argument #16325 because one hasn't accurately refuted the claim so...... idk what you want other than to play in the mud and be dirty

I want something with actual thought behind it. Saying that a theory is "just a guest" is pure ignorance of what is actually going on. Any simple Google search can answer your request and such you are just asking us to flex our Google-Fu muscles here with such a derivative question.

The thing is, you THINK you are being clever and funny here, but you aren't. These arguments have been attempted before by people much smarter than yourself and they didn't work for them either. And if you want to throw mud, you are in the wrong forum for that.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Your outlook and arguments are so threadbare that peppered moths are going hungry.

I recognise a waste of time when I see it.

You can have the last word, but spare a thought for the others who've seen the same tired shtick before.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am aware of pi and statistical error lol but physics isn't all that simple, as you say, and it is physics that I claimed to be the "proof" behind scientific law which it is.

I would also suggest that you put some thought behind your evolution argument instead of stating that there is proof but then giving non as you deflect.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Darwin himself dictated that nature doesn't take leaps

(post by HeFrippedMeOff2 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

That would be a creationist tactic. I understand that somethings are hard to comprehend, evolution especially, but you really should start reading the right websites for starters. Relying on creationist propaganda sites for 'knowledge' is never going to be helpful.

You want substantiated evidence? Go onto a myriad of university websites where you'll have amply introductory information on evolution, and what evidence there is to back it up. But I bet you won't bother... probably to affronting to your preconceptions.
edit on Mon May 1 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

It would be an affront to my college education to believe in the mountain of evidence or lack thereof for evolution. How bout you give the ATS one big ol fat verifiable, qauntifiable piece of evidence for evolution that is completely devoid of emotional bias since you claim it to be so, troll.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: MarsIsRed

It would be an affront to my college education to believe in the mountain of evidence or lack thereof for evolution. How bout you give the ATS one big ol fat verifiable, qauntifiable piece of evidence for evolution that is completely devoid of emotional bias since you claim it to be so, troll.

"i can prove im smarter by not letting you teach me anything". - me, pg 1

i sure hope someone picks up that phone...

...because i f&%#ing called it.

edit on 1-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

More trolls who'd rather blaspheme than provide something substantial to the conversation.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The thing is species show genetic similarity based on level of relatedness, and it is not just functional genes but nonfunctional dna, virus remnants, harmful mutations, etc.

So if there was no evolution, even going by genetic analysis alone one would arrive at a conclusion of evolution, which would imply a deceiver mentality a last thursdayism.

Not sure if that's the site, but I think talkorigins, was the go to website on clarifying stuff about evolution.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Can i get a real reference like they teach in college with page numbers and citations and everything or is saying "evolution is true" over and over again while bashing everyone who dares contend with you trolls the only tactic you all know how to use? Its old dude

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

I dont contend that we are all, animals included, fashioned from the dust of the Earth. I do contend that similarity does not prove or necessitate evolution.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

More trolls who'd rather blaspheme than provide something substantial to the conversation.

blaspheme? what blasphemy? nothing but earnest efforts to steer the curious mind in the right direction. i would provide something substantial, except that every question you have asked has been answered a dozen times or more in previous threads that i would bet you havent bothered to look at. as i have said before. some people dont want to learn, they want to win. if you want someone to force you to accept evidence or change your mind against your will, no one can do that... so congratulations on that. it is a hollow victory indeed.

someone said earlier that the search engine on this site is broken, but i dont see how that could be...given that i just went and dug up all these threads where the unending "evolution vs creationism" debate has been running in circles since abovetopsecret.com first became a thing. i didnt link every single thread ever posted because i think a couple dozen (literally over two dozen) examples is enough. sorry if the lack of actual titles bothers you, but at least they are numbered so its a little less confusing. go ahead and have a look, aint nothing gonna be said here in this discussion that hasnt already worn itself out a dozen times over. the proof is below.

Creationism vs Evolution debates(ad nauseam)

-------------------------------------------------------------

dont be shy, folks. i know some of you are reluctant to do some legwork in these matters but there is plenty of quality material buried in all the mud-slinging and bickering. some of our most respected members have dedicated valuable time and energy to sharing their highly informed two cents worth in these threads. #denyignorance

edit on 1-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I dont contend that we are all, animals included, fashioned from the dust of the Earth. I do contend that similarity does not prove or necessitate evolution.

If you have say 90% degree similarity between two species, 70% with other slightly less related, 50% with other yet less so.

And you have harmful mutations, dormant viruses, and even nonfunctional elements identical across these. What's the explanation.

It's like a dead person on the ground with a bullet wound and a pool of blood, chances are they were murdered. You have to go where the evidence takes you for the most likely explanation.
edit on 1-5-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

i know you mean well, but it isnt going to happen.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Noone has time for the emotional turmoil in your ats citations. How bout a scientific peer reviewed journal citation. PoInt being, out of all the "clear" evidence we still call evolution a theory and thats because there is no clear evidence...which doesnt mean evolution isnt the truth, it just means that for now there is no aolid evidence that it is truth, ya dig

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I perceive that we are all created from the same physical matter which does not necessitate evolution, just like our bodies dont necessarily make us "alive." I will say that if you accept evolution the you would definately, logically find your way back to primodial electrief sludge but then again, how many of us share dna with whatever primordial carbon sludge is anyways.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Noone has time for the emotional turmoil in your ats citations. How bout a scientific peer reviewed journal citation. PoInt being, out of all the "clear" evidence we still call evolution a theory and thats because there is no clear evidence...which doesnt mean evolution isnt the truth, it just means that for now there is no aolid evidence that it is truth, ya dig

sorry buddy, sometimes you have to do some actual research in your quest for enlightenment. digging through mountain of dirt to find a few gems is part of the journey. you thought it was gonna be easy? nothing worth doing ever is. all of the questions you have been asking are answered in at least a few of those threads, if not all of them. but why take the fun out of it? we are not here to be your personal google servants or whatever, and the whole abovetopsecret cage match rigmarole has gotten real old. i put in some effort and made the list all orderly and pretty and stuff. have at it broseph.
edit on 1-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: of reasons

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join