It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASIMIL8: Too Offensive.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well the license plate owner sure proved themselves right.

Resistance was futile.

And forced in to assimilation.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Resistance was futile.

There-there...if you've gone through all of the information offered up, and you still want to cry...go ahead. It will make you feel better.

edit on 1-5-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: there is an in-gag.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
GEEZE.
If I had the cash, I want to get KLINGON.
THEY would ARREST me or not let it into Canada!

too much like "cling on". you'd probably offend someone because they'd assume you're refusing to give up your modern way of thinking and accept the ways of the indigenous folks.
edit on 1-5-2017 by PolyCottonBlend because: i forgot a word. heaven forbid

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: neo96
Resistance was futile.

There-there...if you've gone through all of the information offered up, and you still want to cry...go ahead. It will make you feel better.

The only ones crying are those offended by a freaking license plate that says "ASSIML8"....talk ABOUT whiney crybabies....seriously...get a life and find a real cause.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I am sorry that First Nations people have no idea what Star Trek is, but that doesn't mean their feelings change the context of the license plate.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I will bring it up again in a different context.

A Star Trek fan is in Nazi Germany. (I know Star Trek wasn't invented yet,go with it)
Regardless of if they were a Jew or a German,if we saw a picture of that car with that plate in that time and place...it would be a picture of humanity getting punched in the face and would be tasteless.

I don't mind breaking a dumb rule,I do think other people acting dumb because they can,is annoying and makes me think the thing that needs that big punch in the face isn't humanity.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If he did it for the intentions of antagonizing native Americans then he's a cad who deserves to lose that plate.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

The choice was theirs to be offended never forget that.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I have two ?

1. Is he a die hard Star Trek fan?

2. Are the Indians antagonizing him.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

What am I suppose to do call him up and ask him?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Miracula2

What am I suppose to do call him up and ask him?

Yes, if was trying to be racial against Native Americans. I bet not all members of his own ethnicity are desirables.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
yoohoooo
is no one going to mention the glaring detail? it clearly says "we are the Borg". (i love that my autocorrect just capitalized that!)
it actually says it before the ASIMIL8.
so unless the natives refer to the settlers as the Borg, their panties are in a wad of their own accord. you can't pick and choose what part of a total message you want to get up in arms about.
well, I guess you can. but don't expect everyone else to fan your flame.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Sure it was, but they have the right of choosing their own reactions in the same way the other guy had the right of choosing a personalized licence plate.

That's why I said that both sides are right.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PolyCottonBlend
yoohoooo
is no one going to mention the glaring detail? it clearly says "we are the Borg". (i love that my autocorrect just capitalized that!)
it actually says it before the ASIMIL8.
so unless the natives refer to the settlers as the Borg, their panties are in a wad of their own accord. you can't pick and choose what part of a total message you want to get up in arms about.
well, I guess you can. but don't expect everyone else to fan your flame.

It does say that, but in less visible letters.

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned is that only two people complained, and what they said was that "it was offensive to indigenous people", we don't even know if the complainers are indigenous or not.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Sure it was, but they have the right of choosing their own reactions in the same way the other guy had the right of choosing a personalized licence plate.
That's why I said that both sides are right.

...and since the government is the owner of the plate, theirs is the final call. Look at the level of debate in this thread! Take a look at the nature of the discourse in defence of the plate. Actually insulting the FN and any concerns that they express. That's the team that "The Most Racist Government in Canada" is going to get behind? They may be racist, but they're not stupid, LOL.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It does say that, but in less visible letters.

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned is that only two people complained, and what they said was that "it was offensive to indigenous people", we don't even know if the complainers are indigenous or not.

That's the frightening part about it. Two complaints of a subjective nature can lead a government to take action.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join