It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoppers turn Walmart self-checkout into personal slot machine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This reminded me of when I was in highschool, for about 3 months this one vending machine hidden in the corner was faultt, if you put in 2.75 no more or less, it would give you two for one, and spit out the correct change as if you had only gotten one bottle.
Coke guy found out I guess after doing an inventory.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: MisterSpock

People, don't let your hatred of walmart/big corps etc color your responses(not directed at quoted op, just a general blurb).

Now Now.

Stealing is ok as long as it's from people we don't like.

This thread isn't about somebody taking something they know isn't theirs, "aka theft"
It's about hating walmart.

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I can't agree with you more.

The level of using any and every tax cheat and dirty trick is how walmart makes the .1% more a year. The money is ridiculous and there are anti-monopoly laws on the books. It will take some brass balls to apply them to these "corp" giants not just walmart. Applying these laws would free up competition.

link   

Looks like a mistake by a walmart employee (loaded $20 in the $5 slot) gave shoppers a HUGE price drop.

Anyone suggested yet they might have hacked the machine to spit twenties, then Walmart covers for the vulnerability by stating employees 'misloaded' the machine?

Don't these auto tellers have scanners to insure against such a thing? The individual bills are pre counted by machines, then the auto teller itself has redundant measures to insure thats a five and not a twenty coming out.

The human error is pre programmed out of the machine loop.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

People, don't let your hatred of walmart/big corps etc color your responses(not directed at quoted op, just a general blurb).

Now Now.

This thread isn't about somebody taking something they know isn't theirs, "aka theft"

Sure looks like.

America has a bad case of ignoring laws they don't like over petty bias.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Criminals? Lol right. When you're smart and exploit those rich above you you're always a criminal.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I know that most atm machines have cartridges of bills loaded into them. The machine knows that a cartridge is supposed to be $20's but if a human put $100's in the cartridge the machine doesnt know the difference.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Using the criminal actions of another to dismiss your criminal actions towards them is one of the cornerstones of ignorance.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

What 'corporate welfare' does walmart get ?

Welfare

walmart use of public money

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Now Now.

Sure looks like.

America has a bad case of ignoring laws they don't like over petty bias.

No I think laws and moral standards should be applied equally.

I think those that stole off of walmart are wrong.

But walmart are not innocent angels and becons of morality eiher.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

What 'corporate welfare' does walmart get ?

www.forbes.com...

Not technically welfare but stealing from the taxpayer certainly applies.

I

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Don't you think Walmart had earned the dislike they get?

Any one who needs help with (social services) food or income can be called lazy and a bum.

But a corp who makes HUGE profits and uses and from my perspective abuses the tax payer funded safety net, is viewed as a corner stone in the corp philosophy is defended?

What kind of backwards world do we live in?
edit on 28-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Exactly.

Its double standards.

The super rich can get away with things normal people would be jailed for.

link   

Exactly.

Its double standards.

The super rich can get away with things normal people would be jailed for.

link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
Criminals? Lol right. When you're smart and exploit those rich above you you're always a criminal.

Thinking that taking money from Walmart is exploiting the owners of Walmart is the antithesis of "smart."

link   

a reply to: intrptr

I know that most atm machines have cartridges of bills loaded into them. The machine knows that a cartridge is supposed to be $20's but if a human put $100's in the cartridge the machine doesn't know the difference.

Whats to prevent the 'intentional error' on the part of said human, think they thought of this, already?

link   
When he told his buddies and children to do it makes it a bit slimy..but believe me, I have no sympathy whatsoever for Walmart..they have changed America not for the better.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Technically I don't think they broke any laws. I have gotten too much change back a few times from the cashier but always tell them about it. I do not want the cashier to wind up owing money or being accused of stealing.

On the other side of the coin, I gave fifty dollars and a quarter for a twenty dollar and twenty five cent order. I learned to mention it to the cashier when I do this. She didn't give me the change, and entered twenty twenty five into the system. but she did remember me saying fifty twenty five and opened the cash drawer and there was a fifty sitting on top of the twenties. She apologized, and I told her that anyone can make a mistake and that is why I state what I am giving them when I give a bill and change. This is good for everyone to know. Pay attention to things and try to make it so people don't make mistakes.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxitsTtimexX

What exactly did they do to break the law?

Exactly what a low moral person would say.

Some people are still honest in this world.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The subsidies the link provided in my home town in Indiana shows Wal-Mart got an 8 year property tax abatement. Just like every other business gets when moving to our town.
Since that time "around 12years" they have been paying full property taxes.

I don't call that welfare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join