It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoppers turn Walmart self-checkout into personal slot machine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm with Chow, I mean TST.

link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Really? I'm always OVERCHARGED at supermarkets. Unfortunately, I never discover it until I get home.

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No that's called denying ignorance.

All social programs/government assistance is corporate welfare.

What I dubbed the Welfare Industrial Complex.

That has become 'Too Big to Fail'.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Really? I never heard of that before. I just don't like the low wage practice. It actually goes further and is part of the whole economical problems we have, as they're not paying fair prices for their products to the producers either.
That's a huge issue and beats taking a few 20s from a wrongly stocked machine any time. And can't be made right with a few trucks of disaster aid, no matter how good and right that was.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: neo96

The military has nothing to do with this. Try to stick to the thread.

There are a lot of military families using the same programs you accuse Wal-Mart of abusing. That is a valid question.

They have sacrificed and put life and limb on the line. I think they are entitled from support from the goverment that will put them in harms way. Lots of support.....

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Oh please, the only ones benefitting from that are huge corps. There's no money to be made for anyone else.
"Welfare Industrial Complex", the most absurd silly thing ever said on these boards...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yeah that's real absurd when it accounts for 2/3's of current federal spending.

I particularly love the fact people whine about big business when household assets stand at over $95 trillion dollars.

Americans are so 'oppressed'.

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I hate walmart as much as anyone, and I rarely(once a year) go there.

However, it's still wrong and the right thing to do would be to inform someone and get my proper amount due.

I realize that's is a rare opinion, and that most can't fathom having that level of principal. Even when it's in favor of something/one so undeserving of that "respect".

At the end of the day though, it's about me, knowing I'M IN THE RIGHT and that I've done the right thing. Knowing that I can't be labeled a hypocrite or ever be knocked down due to saying one thing and doing another.

I admire you, I really do. But it seems most people aren't that way.

When I was a mgr I had to give out tests to potential candidates and one of the questions on that test was "if you found a $20 bill would you turn it in to police?" If you said 'yes' then the test thinks you're lying and it goes against you. In real life, most people would keep the money. It stinks, but that's how it is.

Let that be a tip for you in case you apply for a retail job.

Thanks for the response.

If I ever think my honesty could be used against me, like in the mentioned scenario, then I'll just roll with it. Integrity means more to me then gaming a system.

My father, who is extremely honest and fair, has even said to me that sometimes I'm too honest.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I give back human error money handling all the time a machine tho ... probly not

Ask ur self if a amt did it would u put it back ...

And let's not forget the monopoly card

So IMHO "bank error in you favor collect 50$"

Besides u think anyone one who owns wallmart would not of done the same

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxitsTtimexX
a reply to: seasonal

What exactly did they do to break the law?
They stole from the corporations.

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: seasonal

The military has nothing to do with this. Try to stick to the thread.

There are a lot of military families using the same programs you accuse Wal-Mart of abusing. That is a valid question.

They have sacrificed and put life and limb on the line. I think they are entitled from support from the goverment that will put them in harms way. Lots of support.....

I have no issue with supporting soldiers. Not sure how you got that from what I said.
The point was that every low wage worker uses social programs but only Wal-Mart is demonized for it.

link   

Wow you have it really all backwards. I don't even know what to say. You think the wealth of these 1% rich people comes from the federal spending? What?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
I give back human error money handling all the time a machine tho ... probly not

Ask ur self if a amt did it would u put it back ...

And let's not forget the monopoly card

So IMHO "bank error in you favor collect 50$"

Besides u think anyone one who owns wallmart would not of done the same

Another classic post trying to rationalize.

Yes I'd give the money back to the bank if an atm error happened.

If you wouldn't, thats fine. But ask youself, what if you withdrew 100 dollars and it debited your account by 200?

Would you want it back? Would you be fine if the bank told you no, it's a computer error and not their problem.

This goes both ways.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'm not setting up and running those machines. The operator is responsible.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I'm not setting up and running those machines. The operator is responsible.

The guy who picks up your wallet isn't responsible for making sure you don't drop it either.

So he can just keep it, I'm sure your fine with it.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't understand why some people blame the machine? lol, it was obviously HUMAN error that caused it! Should the machine scan each and every bill entered by humans and cover their mistakes too?

The machine did as expected, maybe Walmart should consider replacing the people filling the cash in the machines with robots.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
what bs is this? its not illegal. they paid for their items, and the machine made the mistake.

It likely became illegal when they realized the mistake and exploited it.

link   
So we have someone exploiting a company that exploits cheap 3rd and 1st world labor for financial gain?
Seems the customer just took the business model of the company and applied it to himself.
Seems legitimate...

I do however feel it is sad the consumer business relationship has degraded to a level where people have no qualms about ripping off an establishment. You don't generally see this with small privately owned businesses because there is an actual relationship fostered between the consumer and provider. Walmart has destroyed that model. Customer service is located at the back of the store and vary rarely manned. They are more concerned with theft prevention than public safety. It's crone-capitalism run rampant...

Their model should read...
"Get your cheap S*** and get out!"
edit on 28-4-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Wow you have it really all backwards. I don't even know what to say. You think the wealth of these 1% rich people comes from the federal spending? What?

Fiat money comes from the GD federal reserve that's printed out of thin air, and can print more of it any time they feel froggie.

What some people call wealth is a misnomer.
edit on 28-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I think my moral compass gets bent out of shape depending on the 'gravity' of the business. It points true for smaller businesses and anywhere but for the massive corporations.

North, East, F*** 'em and West.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join