It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Being Gay Natural or is it Just Another Human Behavior Brain Disorder - (Controversial)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Is there evidence to suggest that being gay is in fact just another brain behavior personality disorder (ATSSD - Attracted to same sex disorder) like all the other disorders which are now well accepted in the world of medical science e.g. OCD and OCPD etc etc. And is it likely that it will or should be defined as a disorder and therefore treated accordingly?

In my personal opinion I believe that it is just another disorder that is in fact being selectively ignored because it is so widespread and that all those who are inflicted with this disorder are in fact in denial as are all the supporters of the so called gay movement.

Will we one day discover through research that it is a particular defect of the brain that can easily be treated thus making one who feels they are gay actually feel otherwise?

And will mankind look back and realise how blindly stupid it has been to accept gayness as normal?

ARMOUR ON!!

edit on 20-4-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

You can call eveyone that is not your commen sheep sick. Or we can just enjoy diversity and call everyone human.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well im more likely to believe in ADAM and EVE not ADAM and STEVE

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If you are not gay, if you are not lesbian--if you have never thought of bisexual ideas; then you will not truly know.

I personally do not believe it is a brain disorder. I do believe some people use it as an attention-seeking/deal-with-stress/trial-and-error/masking-of-childhood-trauma alternative.

But there are homosexuals among us.

Why are you worried about them?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

You can call eveyone that is not your commen sheep sick. Or we can just enjoy diversity and call everyone human.
Does that then not suggest that all disorders should be considered to be just a factor of diversity in humans and therefore they need not be treated. And what would be the implications of that!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeowWix
If you are not gay, if you are not lesbian--if you have never thought of bisexual ideas; then you will not truly know.

I personally do not believe it is a brain disorder. I do believe some people use it as an attention-seeking/deal-with-stress/trial-and-error/masking-of-childhood-trauma alternative.

But there are homosexuals among us.

Why are you worried about them?
Yeah! LOL

Seriously, I believe it is a disorder and that it will be discovered as such in the future and then go down as a wopper in human history. But I'm sure there are many who would staunchly disagree, but they would wouldn't they because no one likes to accept that they have a disorder thus would rather go into denial mode. Controversial I know but the truth often is!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Well im more likely to believe in ADAM and EVE not ADAM and STEVE
Exactly although I am not a bible boy!

Being gay or being drawn to beastality are both unnatural desires formulated in the brain via behavioral disorder.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Well, we might also discover that it's a genetic variation that mitigates over population.

The only point in this thread existing is to hate on gays as far as I can tell. Because unless you live it, you know nothing about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Genuine question: Why do you care?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

So, once again, why are you worried about these people?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I knew a bloke once, he was a handsome lad, use to pull chicks easy at the clubs. He moved interstate for 2 years and came back with a lisp and 2 limp wrists.

I believe this thread and your question is valid

S&F.

Dont worry about all the (BUTT HURT) replies you get on this one, it's a sensitive subject. That's half the problem isn't it....blokes are getting too bloody sensitive.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Wow, at least you have the courage of your convictions to say what you think.
I disagree but all opinion based so I'll just chuckle at this silly thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Being homosexual was considered a mental disorder up until it was discounted as one due to political pressure. The scientific discipline of research, test, analyse, conclude, was not behind the discounting.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I don't know why people are gay. I'm not gay so I don't know what it's like.

I know I'm supposed to say the PC answer is they're "born that way".
I think some people are are born with gay gene , whereas others develop it during puberty or even later in life. What's with people getting married with kids then the next thing you know they're partnering up with a friend of the same sex? Were they always gay? Then there's people who were guy and eventually decided to be straight

It's becoming popular so the percentages are going to rise. I doubt it's a disorder but moreover it's an agenda being pushed to ' turn' people gay. Not all, as I said I think some people are born gay.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Well, we might also discover that it's a genetic variation that mitigates over population.

The only point in this thread existing is to hate on gays as far as I can tell. Because unless you live it, you know nothing about it.
Rubbish. This is what I mean about denial. Everything else is a disorder but being gay isnt!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
OP ...Are you gay or trying to figure out if you are ? .... Personally I am not, but , I do believe that homosexualitynis a genetic thing . Your born that way, It's in your genes , ....and you are either gay or not . There's no changing it with a pill or shock treatment . ...I have many friends who are gay . They put their pants on the same way, one leg at a time. But it is not a mental disorder or condition as you are asking ....it is a sexual preference .

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I'm a straight guy, just don't have any interest in same sex activities.

But it's been my experience that most of the people who are against and/or outspoken about homosexuality are repressing and/or insecure about their own homosexual desires or tendencies.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
In fifty years the lines of sexual ambiguity will be so phenomenal with modified genetics,chimeras,artificial intelligence,synthetic biology,nanotechnology and human enhancement you'll be begging for a return to the good old days of bi,homo and transgendered sexuality.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Gays are basically male meat-suits occupied by female spirits. Lesbians are male spirits in female bodies.

Its happening because the spirit world knows that all hell is about to break lose, so spirits are jumping the family queue, hoping to be forgiven by Jesus when they eventually have the Eureka moment and pray for Salvation.

I have seen it happen where one family had a gay followed by lesbian twins. Basically the female spirit (previous life) was selfish and jumped the queue.
edit on 20-4-2017 by Tristran because: change

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

Genuine question: Why do you care?
Two reasons
1. I had a brother who had a personality disorder but was a nice man (bless him)
2. It has fascinated me for years why this phenomena/disorder has been basically ignored by society as a potential defect of the brain. And no I'm not gay bashing and do know some gay people but believe what I believe! To me it seems quite logical it is a disorder.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join