It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Womens Solidarity at Westminster

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
For those that say they don't hear enough condemnation from Muslims, here is a short video of the Muslim Womens' Gathering at Westminster Bridge 2 days ago. I think one woman summed it up perfectly when she said "An attack happens in London it is an attack on me. It is an attack on all of us. Islam totally condemns violence. Its is abhorrent to us" The women wore blue the symbolic colour of peace.

Short video
Muslim Women at Westminster

It was good to see the MSM actually running this story for a change and as much as I for one appreciate their stance and efforts, the terrible negativity surrounding Islam is going to take years to remove, if ever. Maybe at some point in the future, some good may come out of these years of terror and violence such as a much needed overhaul of the Islamic faith, perhaps more freedom for women & gays. Who knows but something has to change for the trust to start being rebuilt.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

No amount of moderate Muslims will ever be good enough for the far right fools because it does not fit their narrative of what a Muslim is.

edit on 28-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

How is your stereotype of the far right and different than the stereotype of muslims?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Mictain

How is your stereotype of the far right and different than the stereotype of muslims?

Because the right is full of bigots and idiots. The moderate right is not.

Just like the far left is full of crybabies who see racism/bigotry everywhere. They, like the far left, are full of people who hold extreme views.
edit on 28-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Why was it only muslim women on that bridge?
Did the men send them there to make islam look peaceful?
If they went on their own accord [which I hope], did the men think it was too 'gay' [sorry gay's, love you but you all know what I mean
] to stand there to show solidarity?
Either way is bad.
I know, and so does anyone else with a brain cell, that there are peace loving muslims; but they are either 'proper' muslims - in which case they can't possibly like our way of life [which they make clear by dressing in islamic clothes] or they are not proper muslims, in which case they are not the ones to worry about.
Please remember that you can be peace loving, yet still want your religion to spread in our country because you think we are all heathens and hate our culture.
They are not mutually exclusive.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Congrats, 30 Muslim women stood on a bridge.

Google says there are about 3 million Muslims in London.

Still not even close to enough for the "religion of peace".

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Congrats, 30 Muslim women stood on a bridge.

Google says there are about 3 million Muslims in London.

Still not even close to enough for the "religion of peace".

Plus I always consider Taqiyya. If they feel that they are in danger or oppressed, they are allowed to drink and lie to the enemy in order to stay safe.
Sorry for being cynical, but it is what it is.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They didn't HAVE to turn up, they weren't forced, they wanted to. A small show of unity but it happened and was covered by the media. The damage done to Islam runs deep, they need (in my opinion) to modernise to make their religion compatible with the countries in which they live or keep it at home. But little things like this can and do help I'm sure, even though I personally despise Islam and believe it has no place in the 21st century, it is a sad state of the world when these women feel they need to do this as they know they will be blamed regardless

People shout "Where's the Muslim condemnation?" then you show it but for some, no amount of condemnation will be enough
edit on 28-3-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
They didn't HAVE to turn up, they weren't forced, they wanted to. A small show of unity but it happened and was covered by the media. The damage done to Islam runs deep, they need (in my opinion) to modernise to make their religion compatible with the countries in which they live or keep it at home. But little things like this can and do help I'm sure, even though I personally despise Islam and believe it has no place in the 21st century, it is a sad state of the world when these women feel they need to do this as they know they will be blamed regardless

People shout "Where's the Muslim condemnation?" then you show it but for some, no amount of condemnation will be enough

You don't know they didn't have to show up. Their male owners may have decreed it and, slaves that they are, they had to obey. They can't even decide to try another religion as apostates are murdered by the religion of peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yeah sorry that's a no. Fake outrage is still fake outrage in my book. Just take a look at the guy who is supposed to getting hanged for blasphemy. Twitter was full of posts of approving that kind of thing. Death sentence for blasphemy? They still live in the stone age. Nothing has changed.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well I just bring the story.....in answer to the few that asked where all the Muslim condemnation of the Westminster attack was. I am trying to keep my own personal opinions out of it. I think it makes a more interesting thread to see & hear other people's opinions especially from those that live here in the UK. I have lived long enough to see just how our society here has changed and not necessarily for the better and how once upon a time we would be protesting in the streets against various injustices, laws & legislation etc and now we seem to believe that sitting at home on the internet is the same as actually doing something. The damage done to Islam I believe is probably not reversible but as a human being I have to feel for the people that believe in Islam, live their lives peacefully & religiously and are now seriously quite scared of the coming backlash against them and let's not forget the others that will be dragged into it such as Sikhs Hindus etc as people cannot and will not tell the difference.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

It is the very nice, and more people need to stand up against radical Islamic terrorism, but "showing solidarity" is no more than public relations.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Isn't public relations what's needed? They certainly think so
Its gonna take Saatchi & Saatchi to put right the damage done to Islam!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Isn't public relations what's needed? They certainly think so
Its gonna take Saatchi & Saatchi to put right the damage done to Islam!

Perhaps it is needed. But it doesn't stop terrorism. Tossing their hijabs on the ground would be a more fitting statement.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I don't think their intention was to stop terrorism, but to show the public they don't agree with it..simple. They know just like you and me know, that they are and will be all lumped together, just like the Japanese Americans in WW2.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

When the above stops causing death threats, then I'll believe the peace crap.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I don't think their intention was to stop terrorism, but to show the public they don't agree with it..simple. They know just like you and me know, that they are and will be all lumped together, just like the Japanese Americans in WW2.

They will be all lumped together, but only by a small group of bigots. Western countries tend to learn from their mistakes. But the rise in anti-Muslim hatred is the unfortunate result of the censorship in regards to criticizing Islam. When moderate voices are condemned as islamophobic and anti-Muslim extremists, the real anti-Muslim extremists will come to the forefront.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When the above stops causing death threats, then I'll believe the peace crap.

I just looked at a far more damning picture of allah and muhamwhatever on /pol/. I still remember the outrage of the muslim community over the south park episode. I saw the uncensored version only once and now it's even forbidden to show it. Religious zealots are a blight to humanity.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I will confess to having no clue as to what Isis/Isil/Daesh et al's motives or end game is. People go on about creating division but to my mind there has always been division anyway, and what purpose does that serve exactly? Allegedly Isis wanted a Caliphate, they got one but that didn't stop the terror and genocides. Purportedly they want to rule the world and have a totally Islamic planet. Now whilst it feels like that may be possible to some degree, we all know it isn't and they aren't stupid they know it isn't going to happen either. So the point of this last 20yrs of "war" is what?

All I see happening are people getting angrier and angrier whilst being silenced. Countries being infiltrated but not enough to take over. Sections of Muslim communities living scared. Governments seemingly approving of what is happening and we joe public fed lies and propaganda until we wouldn't know the truth if it smacked us in the face.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Perhaps this is the start of a reformation in Islam

I applaud their statement

I'd like to see more Muslims condemning mindless attacks and I'd like to see their help in rooting out the violent ideology that seems to promote these kinds of attacks

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join