It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The walking dead March 26 discussion/Spoilers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Tonight's episode was an excellent lead up to next weeks extended season finale.
All of Ricks ducks are in a row...or so he thinks.
Negan lets it out to his new prisoner Sasha, that he's on to our groups plan Of attack.
Sasha tricks Eugene into giving her an aid to kill herself, but that clearly wasn't her plan.
And we have Dwight in Alexandria, ready to flip sides and possible bring some of the saviours with him...
Although that's not exactly how it goes down in the comics.

Which brings me to my next point... we all know Sasha is leaving the walking dead to fulfill a role in the new Star Trek series.
The setting right now is very similar to when in the comics, Holly is taken prisoner, eventually killed and brought back to Alexandria.

Does anyone else think that Sasha is going to assume Hollys death? I seen in the preview for next week that the saviours are headed to Alexandria.... are they brining with them a dead Sasha to unleash on the group?
That would be a good send off for her.

Or perhaps they bring her back alive, she then tries to do something and one of Negans goons puts her down.
That would be enough to start the war off between the groups and the saviours.

I really, really hope, that we are NOT left on a freakin cliff hanger again with someone's life in the peril.
Let's end this season off right, with the Saviours running away for their lives...tails between their legs and all.

Just no more cliffhangers...I really hope the writers learnt their lesson from the season 6 finale debacle.
People were so outraged, sending threatening emails, swearing off the show, the whole bit.

As for myself, I was mad, but would never stop watching the show because of it. I scoured the internet almost every single day looking for clues, or hints as too who was going to be on the receiving end of Lucille.
...actually it was kind of fun looking back at it.

Anyways, thoughts on tonight's episode? Predictions for next weeks finale?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Beach ball sized lady nuts!!!

Shaping up to be a good season and I've heard that there will be no major cliffhanger next week!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well that's great news! i hope Dwight proves more useful in the show, then in the comics.
I'd like to see him rally some saviours from the inside to turn on Negan.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
One thing I'm really not digging this season is Ezekiel. His grandeur and manners are just over the top...even for a zombie apocalypse series.
In fact my wife used to love this show, but since the kings intro, she couldn't be bothered with it now.
I'm feeling the same way in regards to the king. I really hope he drops the act come season 8
As he does in the comics...sort of

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet..

Enid earned her place tonight.she slipped into position and was prepared to do work..

She didn't have to follow through, but she would have and that is what counts..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

You got that right meathead!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I must admit... I have never watched this series.

It looks interesting!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

You got that right meathead!

Yay!!!!!

There is a first time for every thing!!

Seriously though ,
I do enjoy your write ups.. Keep them coming.

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 27-3-2017 by Mike Stivic because: my grammar is awful

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

You need to get off of ATS right now and load up popcorntime. Com (free streaming service) and get right into it. Start from the beginning. Buckle your seat belt, your in for a wild ride!

I'll be here if you have any questions. Lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Will do my friend!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

lol thanks for that, haha!

How many episodes are there, a few thousand right?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Nope! Only 98 episodes as of today, across 7 seasons.
So really if you cracked down, you could be completely caught up by next Sunday night to watch the season 7 finale.
Now, It's gonna take some commitment on your part. Possibly having to call into work or what not, but I'm sure they will understand when you say your catching up on the walking dead.

As for the spin off series they made - Fear the walking dead, well you can ignore that series completely and not one person would think any less of you for it. That shows a total waste of time in my book, but hey to eaches own.
For starters though, let's get you into The Walking Dead.
If you get upset or need someone to vent to, I'm just a pm away

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

hehe... thanks for the vote of confidence. A whole week of walking dead non stop would be a marathon.

I would love to see a series revolving around 'Pin Head' from Hell Raiser. Now that series would have me glued to my pc screen.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
People were angry over the season 6 finale? I thought it was the opposite. I also personally loved how season 6 ended.

But I don't want them to do it all the time or else it gets repetitive and boring.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Oh heck yes, there was some livid people out there fuming about how it ended.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

I'm with you on this one. I loved the way season 6 ended, it was the ultimate cliffhanger. Yes, it pizzed off a bunch of people, but you have to appreciate the way they ended the season. I can't think of another TV show that has ever given me that much anticipation for its return.

Full disclosure..... I've never read the comics, but really want to. Does anybody know if the comics go into Neegan's back story/past? I ask because after watching last night's episode when he went in and talked to Sasha, and many of his other appearances, he comes across like he was a psychologist or member of the CIA or something similar. Any thoughts?

Also, if there are any gamers that are fans of the series and comics, I recently started playing the Walking Dead: a tell tale series on PS3. It is a wonderful game, and it's almost like being in an interactive hybrid of the TV show and comic book. There are some slow parts and some pretty shocking/suprising parts(ep.3), but overall a really REALLY good game!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Damn, I thought their were 2 episodes left. Anyway, there hasn't been much excitement this season.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I'm ready for a new paradigm. This is getting old. Everything is so desperate and dank in this region, the people are so polarized and the same over-arching stories keep playing out. Wash, rinse, repeat. I don't know how much theoretical time has passed but I have to believe humanity would be doing better than this. Somewhere, somehow.

What's been cracking me up is how most of the female walkers have on some sort of LDS attire. Like a long dress or skirt from 1993. And everyone just looks so dirty all the time. If Alexandria and the Savior compound are so great - catch a shower. And what's with all the plump people? I thought food was scarce? And those walkers from the coastal area all looked like the Creature of the Black Lagoon.

Come on.

The creativity is tanking, both plot and special effects.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

To me this half of the season has been slow. Slow but not bad. If the show went full tilt balls to the wall every episode the fast pace pulse pounding moments would not be as dramatic..

My two complaints are petty but they do irk me..

1 not enough "Caaaaarrrlll!"

2 those junker peoples dialect.. its been a few years yes but I don't see people reverting to mad Max new speak in under a decade.. that Jadis character is old enough to have gone to school before the walkers. It just makes me shake my head .

Its gonna be a long haul from this seasons finale to the game of thrones season premier .

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

2 those junker peoples dialect.. its been a few years yes but I don't see people reverting to mad Max new speak in under a decade.. that Jadis character is old enough to have gone to school before the walkers. It just makes me shake my head .

Yeah, it's totally stupid. But I guess no harder to swallow than Ezekiel. But, I'm with you, it's been a few years max, not a few decades or centuries.

Was Jadis in the comic? She is tall and fierce and strange, just like Jadis from CS Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia, I wonder if she is an homage? If so, she was a crazy, treacherous, power-mad loon, maybe she clued in Negan, maybe she is how he knows Alexandria is up to something...
edit on 3/27/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join