It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First world problems March 2017

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Or. . . . this is why we can't have nice things.

First off, it's a college idiot writing this, so read it, don't read it. I don't care. I just wanted to highlight this bit of stupidity.

WUT: College Student Explains Why Milk Is Racist

Nothing is sacred anymore. While it does not surprise anyone that the Left says white girls cannot wear hoop earrings and that fraternities must admit women in defiance to the exceptions to Title IX of the Civil Rights Act, nothing can logically explain an opinion piece claiming that milk is racist.

Samantha Diaz, a staff writer for California State University-Long Beach's student newspaper The Daily 49er, wrote an article claiming that white supremacists and neo-Nazis are appropriating milk as a symbol of hate. Here is the hook to her article:

When you think of milk, what first comes to your mind? If you’re a millennial, you probably think of strong bones, Got Milk? commercials, or maybe eating your favorite cereal while watching cartoons on a Saturday morning.

What about racism? White nationalism? If you’re having trouble finding the connection between these institutions and milk, you’re not alone. You, along with the rest of the nation, have been so accustomed to hearing the benefits of milk that you probably didn’t even realize the subtle racism hidden in our health facts.

Diaz then argued that the federal government's endorsement of milk as a beneficial part of the country's diet "contributes to the problem by uncritically pushing people to drink milk, despite the potential detriment it has on non-white people’s health." She stated that because African-Americans do not suffer from osteoporosis, a bone disease, at the same rates as most Americans, the United States is promoting a racist agenda. She also argued that the trolls at 4chan who hijacked Shia LaBeouf's "He Will Not Divide Us" shtick, drank milk to counter-protest him as a means of imposing white supremacy on the actor.

Diaz alluded to a scene in the new blockbuster hit Get Out where a white woman drinks a glass of milk with a bendy straw, saying that the film "highlights racism in post-racial America" and citing that as additional evidence that milk represents a status symbol for white supremacists. She also cited a Mother Jones article to further justify her assertions:

www.dailywire.com...

Then there is this. . .

patriotretort.com...

If a modern-day feminist was dying from hunger and some good Samaritan turned up with a five-course meal, she’d kvetch about the food not being locally grown.

And just to prove that modern-day feminists have mastered the art of wet blanketry, they’re kvetching over the upcoming summer blockbuster “Wonder Woman.”

Why?

Because Wonder Woman doesn’t have hairy armpits.

I kid you not.

So there you have it folks.

Milk is racist and Wonder Woman isn't a feminist because she shaves her pits.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That's a slightly different take on the milk is racist thing. I heard it was because African-Americans and others are more likely to be lactose intolerant, so milk is racist.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Wow.... Yes i read parts of it and i feel like some of my braincells just died along the way while kicking and screaming. Can't wait to read a news story of a violent clash between milk and cocoa consumers. If the Millenials are our future. We are in deep crap. Of course i could write an essay now but i would probably constantly digress how stupid this whole subject is.

Believe me folks you will regret reading that article.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You might expect to find some strange place in this crazy world where the people think like that but in the USA ? ...What is going on down there anyway .You can't blame this one on Trump ...its too soon

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What about chocolate milk?
Strawberry milk?

People out of control. Looking for stuff that ain't there.
Unicorns will be racist soon.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Chemtrails? Somethings in the water? Pharmaceuticals?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

People out of control. Looking for stuff that ain't there. Unicorns will be racist soon.
Or the color of your car or house ...its nuts

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yeah, I think I'll just skip straight to the drink....

I get regular reports on the utter nonsense of that generation from a couple of members of my family. They are of the same generation but were raised by humans/family rather than machines/day care. They're the ones who aren't spiritually attached to their e-devices. THEY LEAVE THEIR CELL PHONES IN THE CAR WHEN THEY GO TO VISIT PEOPLE!

Yes, I swear these young men exist in that generation. Of the eight members of that generation in my extended family, those two offer me hope....

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What are we going to do about snow?
Snow is white as hell.
We can't allow all that whiteness to fall freely.

I think if you live where it snows, you might be a racist.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

These leftist snowflakes are so Lactose Intolerant.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Well, New Orleans is a chocolate city; Mayor Nagin said so.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Snow is white as hell.

Do your part! Run out and take a pee and take your pampered little clutch purse dog with you.

If we all drink lots of water and pee hard, there won't be any white snow anywhere anymore.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Bring it, bitches.

Cosplay Champion Level = Expert

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Bring it, bitches.

Cosplay Champion Level = Expert

I thought you were dressed as Harley quinn at Comicon today.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Old photo.

The Cosplay camera crew somehow refused to take my picture today at the booth.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Shes right, sort of.

Dietary guidelines are incorrect, and tend to be geared towards people with European heritage. Its not racist insomuch as the government loves aiming for average, and the average american has always been a white person, statistically speaking.

Its not good for american indians or black people, who have more trouble with lactose. And I would say that outside of Europe, wheat ingestion is typically not going to be as healthy.

You know....blood types, alleles, etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Snow is white as hell.

Her complaint deals more with the fact that milk is not something that people not of European and middle eastern heritage can typically drink, and thus should not be included as a staple food item recommended to everyone.

She has a point. Its just framed in a political speak manner that is off putting to people sick of everything being called "racist". She shouldn't have framed her thouthts like that, but I suspect she wants esteem on the social justice front more than on the common sense and rational thought front.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Dietary guidelines are not racist.

Good lord, are we going to have to make excuses for peanut allergies next?

If you can't handle dairy. . . . . . don't drink it. But don't claim racism because the majority can handle a glass of ####ing milk!

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You know what is racist?
Sickle cell anemia.
Racist as a mf'r.
Way more racist than milk.

<<   2 >>

join