It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ahhh a princess finding her prince. This was the bench march of romance for generations.

Not anymore, Disney is finally having it's first exclusively gay moment. The children's entertainment giant is moving into a new era, disclosing the new version of Beauty and the Beast will star a manservant exploring his sexuality.

It built its reputation on princesses finding their prince, living happily ever after in storylines which set the benchmark for romance for generations of children.

Now, Disney is to move firmly into a new era as it introduces its first “exclusively gay moment”, disclosing the new version of Beauty and the Beast will star a manservant exploring his sexuality.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The manservant will struggle with his feelings for the ultra macho leading man. And this lead to Disney's first ever "gay moment".

The team have now revealed one character, LeFou, will experience Disney’s first ever “gay moment” on screen, as he struggles with his feelings for ultra-macho leading man Gaston.

The struggle is on "screen" and the actor, says the gay moment is subtle and he makes something delicious out of it. Something I don't like to hear when it comes to kids entertainment. But the actor does not want to give away too much, he continues to describe what is a nice exclusively gay moment.

In an interview with Attitude magazine, director Bill Condon said: “LeFou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston and on another day wants to kiss Gaston.

“He’s confused about what he wants. It’s somebody who’s just realizing that he has these feelings.

“And Josh [Gad, who plays LeFou] makes something really subtle and delicious out of it

Le Fou sings about Gaston in the tavern Credit: Disney

“And that’s what has its pay-off at the end, which I don’t want to give away. But it is a nice, exclusively gay moment in a Disney movie.”

+39 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Oh good grief! Is nothing sacred? Do they have no shame in pushing their agendas?

+38 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Get em young and you will have them for life.

Sure why not indoctrinate CHILDREN.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think that's awesome.

It is real to life.

I come from the 50s. I know what "living in little boxes" is.

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I guess people forgot about Smithers who has been on The Simpsons for decades.

If you watch it too many times you could catch The Gay.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Didn't anyone see the cartoon?
The macho man's side kicks were literally hanging all over him.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Old Walt was a racist anti-Semite that had no problem inserting his agenda into his movies. And let's not forget the subtle sexual imagery that has been incorporated into Disney movies over the years.

Considering their history any "agenda" (especially one of inclusiveness) they push today is pretty much a non-issue.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Old Walt was a racist anti-Semite that had no problem inserting his agenda into his movies. And let's not forget the subtle sexual imagery that has been incorporated into Disney movies over the years.

Considering their history any "agenda" (especially one of inclusiveness) they push today is pretty much a non-issue.

Yeah, but Walt's dead.

He was a product of his generation.

We are in a new generation.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I guess people forgot about Smithers who has been on The Simpsons for decades.

If you watch it too many times you could catch The Gay.

Didn't he finally come out?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Oh how cute. Love is love, right?

Two adults nobody is raping anyone why would this be an issue?

link   

This is great!

link   

originally posted by: Annee
Didn't he finally come out?

He did, but they made it sooooo obvious that only someone not influenced by the Hollywood Gay Agenda wouldn't have caught it.

edit on 1-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Oh good grief! Is nothing sacred? Do they have no shame in pushing their agendas?

its not agenda...its, well...life

+36 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I think that's awesome.

It is real to life.

Said about something in a movie involving a prince that was cursed to live as a hideous beast until he found true love...

Change for the sake of change is rarely a good idea.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

So what? It mirrors real life.
Don't let your kids watch it if you think it'll turn them gay, the film will not be compulsory viewing FFS.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The $$ is sacred. If it doesn't sell it won't be there.

+37 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Great, Disney has gone full retarded with their agendas.

They have been an evil corporation for years, but this is a new low even for them. Let kids be kids. They don't need to be pawns of liberal identity politics agenda in grade school.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Is it an issue?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Great, Disney has gone full retarded with their agendas.

They have been an evil corporation for years, but this is a new low even for them. Let kids be kids. They don't need to be pawns of liberal identity politics agenda in grade school.

being gay is not a liberal agenda..get over yourselves. Just bc you dont agree with something does not mean it is liberal agenda...

its reflecting real life!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

This is a fairy (no pun) tale. Disney owns the rights, and they can do anything they wish.

I left anything Disney when they canned the IT workers, but they had to train the foreign replacements.

If this product doesn't sell, then they will change the recipe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join