It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest By Women is Too Huge to Dismiss as a One Hit Wonder.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
So by your logic, no domestic cause is worthy of your respect unless they address foreign issues as well? Or are you just singling out this particular cause?

I'm just pointing out how selfish it seems when we know all of those issues have made progress and the hugely moral dilemma I proposed doesn't seem to register on their radar. At least in any significant way. Where is the outrage for that?

To be honest and fair, however, I aim the same criticism in other directions and not just at these confused militants. I will bash the HELL out of Trump if he doesn't address it in a real way.

Speaking of Trump: I think he's more liberal than he is currently being given credit for. The hate seems misdirected at this point.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think one reason they might be pissed off enough to finally say something is because most of the time Women's issues whatever they may be are ridiculed and dismissed as unimportant by men in power.

Take for example, today the son of our new National Security Advisor made a comment about these women protestors saying "What do they want, Free Manicures/Pedicures???"

That kind of childish, condescending, superior attitude that you get in return to a serious issue just feeds that fire.

That was just one guy sure. But all too often that is the reaction from people, usually men in power to what issues women have.

Like Abortion, it's always been Men making the laws that Women have to abide by and regardless of how you feel about abortion it is an important issue. Having some entitled douche bag go out of their way just to belittle you because you take a stand is going to lead to some pissed off people eventually.

This is just one example of course but I think you can extrapolate it into various areas of life.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Both boys and girls should be taught this.

Yeah. But who wears the damn thing?

Never mind the whole "abstinence" thing. Simple, just don't do it. Right?

edit on 1/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Looks like this strong protest effort was a little late.

They should have had this over the Nov 5th weekend.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

When was Trump on tape saying he rapes people?

I forgot, the educated liberals think we don't know when they have twisted events and sold them as facts.

Trump was on tape taking about raping people left and right.

Russia hacked the election.

Bill paid for his sins ( I like that one, it's good).

What else am I missing, just want to make sure to get history right before I get in trouble somewhere by accidentally saying the Truth and offending someone.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
didnt trump WIN the woman vote?
are they marching too?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Trump lost the popular vote. Including women.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
These protests would have had a much larger effect if not done during the inauguration weekend, If millions showed up in the middle of the year for these issues they wanted addressed, it would have been wholly symbolic of their movement.

Playing this out right now just looks like they are butt hurt over trump, and that diminishes their stand on these issues.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What we have to learn from this people…is that sometimes black and white are blurred

Sure, both sides were bad and we had to make a choice between an evil and another evil

So its complex not black or white. We don’t like it when complexity challenges our linear thinking habits.

That’s why I could and will continue to denounce Trump and then actually give him space to do some good.

I can do that that because I know reality is often ambiguous not always black or white. No one is all-evil as no one, or very few at least, is all good.

Therefore, when Trump does evil I will denounce him just as I denounced Obama when he droned children and when he does good I will praise him just as I praised him when he gave clemency to Sister Manning.

Truth comes easier to an open mind

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Saturday, January 21, 2017
ALL OVER THE WORLD

and so what over 3 billion women could care less what a few million mostly white westerners AROUND THE WORLD protested.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He's on tape talking about trying to cheat with another married woman by buying her furniture. Then how you can assault a woman (Grab her by the pu$$y) and get away with it because of wealth and fame.

This is our President now mind you. Not just some guy you know. This is the leader of the Nation. A nation populated half with women of all ages and demographics many of which would consider having anyone grab their pu$$y without consent and getting away with it to be a crime, and rightly so.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

What we have to learn from this people…is that sometimes black and white are blurred

Like you using fake outrage calling a hot mic with locker room talk as an admission of rape.

But Bill flew on a plane with an elitist that was known to have underage girls on hand for those in his company and not a peep from you, oh sorry I forgot, Bill paid for his sins.

One day you'll fall off your high horse and it will hurt.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm not there because I can't be. I can't get off work because I am busy supporting my family alone but I know why they are there. They are there because they have never been able to rely on the men in their life. They have worked hard to raise their families alone & support themselves alone. They do it all by themselves, everything for them, everything for their children, everything for the elderly in their lives & no man has Ever stepped in & rescued them. That thing where you mentioned & you say you are stronger & better & smarter because you have a penis between your legs, is a lie. We are Sick of it!!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

A rapists in the white house, a crotch grabber

In the era of Transgender and MMH's.

Can't really blame anyone.

MMH.

Medically Modified Human.

Besides Crocodile Dundee did without much fuss.
edit on 21-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Are you talking about the woman who told everyone that they had consensual relations? Adults do that, sometime even if married (I'm not a fan but it started happening in the 90's from what I've heard, it's a crazy new world we're in).

EDIT: I like how you peppered in she was married to invoke more fury when Bill got a BJ in the oval office, he was married.

edit on 21-1-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My soon to be sister in law attended, along with other members of the family. Her sign read "F white privilege" (except, the entire word). She seems to forget that she herself is white and grew up incredibly privileged and lucky, but perpetually points her fingers at others. Unlike her, I grew up in the ghetto and did not feel very privileged to be white when I was harassed, bullied and attacked for my race for YEARS while living there. I was the minority, and my family just as poor as the next.

Anyway, the bigger point here is what does that have to do with women? Nothing, as far as I know. I wonder if anyone there knows what it is exactly they are protesting. Before the event I had checked Facebook out of morbid curiosity, only to find articles pinned with titles such as "White women please read - how to behave at the women's march so as not to offend minorities" and other nonsense. It seems more like a liberal ideology march than anything else.

As a woman, I enjoy the same rights and freedoms as every male I know. In fact, I think it is much easier to be a woman than a man these days. And contrary to what these women seem to think, I recognize that I have complete control over my own body and the choice to engage in sex or not, knowing that sex (regardless of precautions) may lead to pregnancy. If I don't want to get pregnant, I don't engage in sexual activity. It's really very simple - life is not all about pleasure. There's consequences for choices you make. The only issue with this would be rape (an issue that affects men as well), where that choice is taken away - but lo and behold, we have laws for that.

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: shooterbrody

Trump lost the popular vote. Including women.

oh i was wrong trump won among WHITE WOMEN
my mistake
hillary only got 54% of women guess that is who is marching

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He's on tape talking about trying to cheat with another married woman by buying her furniture. Then how you can assault a woman (Grab her by the pu$$y) and get away with it because of wealth and fame.

This is our President now mind you. Not just some guy you know. This is the leader of the Nation. A nation populated half with women of all ages and demographics many of which would consider having anyone grab their pu$$y without consent and getting away with it to be a crime, and rightly so.

As a man, what Trump said was super tame compared to other things I've heard said from people without power and fame. Not saying it is OK, just stating a fact.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: carewemust

I think one reason they might be pissed off enough to finally say something is because most of the time Women's issues whatever they may be are ridiculed and dismissed as unimportant by men in power.

Take for example, today the son of our new National Security Advisor made a comment about these women protestors saying "What do they want, Free Manicures/Pedicures???"

That kind of childish, condescending, superior attitude that you get in return to a serious issue just feeds that fire.

That was just one guy sure. But all too often that is the reaction from people, usually men in power to what issues women have.

I agree here. It's very juvenile and it is sexist as much as people want to denounce that. The same kind of rhetoric continues to keep women down because it's accepted, now more so than before because of an assumption that who they follow as POTUS can do it, so can they.

Like Abortion, it's always been Men making the laws that Women have to abide by and regardless of how you feel about abortion it is an important issue. Having some entitled douche bag go out of their way just to belittle you because you take a stand is going to lead to some pissed off people eventually.

This is just one example of course but I think you can extrapolate it into various areas of life.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Okay. I'm a woman, but I am confused here on this thread.

What women's issues? Women have the same rights as men.

Our laws have provided for abortion on demand....check
Our laws have provided for criminal prosecution of sexual violence.....check
Our laws have provided for equal pay regardless of gender.....check
Our laws have provided for people who want to organize......check

The ERA is up for grabs. Actually, some women don't want to see that ratified.
I still don't know what comprehensive reproductive rights are, although I asked a post or two back.
The whole "sex-workers" rights thing is probably controversial even within the female population. I am assuming sex-workers are the same as prostitutes. Correct me if I'm wrong.
edit on 21-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join