It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest By Women is Too Huge to Dismiss as a One Hit Wonder.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dixiecracker

You are confused that, out of hundreds of thousands, there are some that miss the point?

I was "confused" by Madonna. Always have been, actually.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The most important question and the question who`s answer has remained as elusive as the legendary bigfoot is, What are those gals in Washington protesting against or for?
or maybe this is just one of those generic " I am women hear me roar" protests that they do every now and again just to get out of the house for a bit.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

I think few are getting paid. Most just want to belong to something and blame is laid on what the MSM indoctrinates

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

There's an official platform, you know. Here.

Just a few of the principles:

“Accountability and justice for police brutality” and “[dismantling] the gender and racial inequities within the criminal justice system”

Freedom from sexual violence

Ratifying the Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution that would guarantee equal protection based on gender

Affirming that all domestic and caretaking work is work, even if unpaid, and that women — especially women of color — bear the brunt of that burden

“The right to organize and fight for a living minimum wage” for all workers, labor protections for undocumented and migrant workers, and “solidarity with sex workers’ rights movements”

Comprehensive reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, and immigrant and refugee rights

As far as why so many are marching? Because being silent about these things is just wrong. I have several friends who went (one flew to Washington) and I would have went to the Portland one here if not for work schedules. Having a voice and using it is just about the only power left. Staying silent is not an option.

All those privileged women obscenely spewing hate en mass in a country where virtually ALL of those issues have made progress. I'd be much more impressed if they cared about OUR U.S. foreign policies that have brought death and destruction and oppression to numerous children & women in far off countries for better than 50 years. Or addressed Sharia law which will seek to dismantle all of their concerns.

edit on 21-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: carewemust

There scared...afraid

A rapists in the white house, a crotch grabber

Its a scary prospect for right thinking woman

Oh they care now but not when Slick Willy was in there?? Lol!

Slick Willie never was caught admitting that he was a rapist

Slick Willie was impeached and paid somewhat for his sins

Trump was rewarded for his

That's scary to woman

I saw the pictures in Chicago, Washington, New York, they were humongous.

It may mean something it may not

Because I remember the huge outpouring before the Iraq invasion. 2 Million people. It did nothing.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

It made me so sad today to see thousands of women supporting the right to murder their unborn children.
It breaks my heart to a million pieces.
Our country has allowed the murder of innocents to become the norm and accepted.
True, real evil exists.

Why aren't you educating men that they MUST wear condoms? That one single charge will prevent almost all abortions (except for the ones where the baby is already dead.)

And it's far cheaper than birth control pills. Boys should be taught this.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

“Accountability and justice for police brutality” and “[dismantling] the gender and racial inequities within the criminal justice system”

Ratifying the Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution that would guarantee equal protection based on gender

Affirming that all domestic and caretaking work is work, even if unpaid, and that women — especially women of color — bear the brunt of that burden

“The right to organize and fight for a living minimum wage” for all workers, labor protections for undocumented and migrant workers, and “solidarity with sex workers’ rights movements”

Comprehensive reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, and immigrant and refugee rights

As far as why so many are marching? Because being silent about these things is just wrong. I have several friends who went (one flew to Washington) and I would have went to the Portland one here if not for work schedules. Having a voice and using it is just about the only power left. Staying silent is not an option.

All those privileged women obscenely spewing hate en mass in a country where virtually ALL of those issues have made progress. I'd be much more impressed if they cared about OUR U.S. foreign policies that have brought death and destruction and oppression to numerous children & women in far off countries for better than 50 years. Or addressed Sharia law which will seek to dismantle all of their concerns.

So by your logic, no domestic cause is worthy of your respect unless they address foreign issues as well? Or are you just singling out this particular cause?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

That's all made-up stuff. We already have laws on the books protecting these rights. Enforcement of our laws is a valid beef, however.

As far as the ERA not being ratified, that was to protect women against being called up in a military draft. Ratify it and they will have to go the same as the men, and also it will remove many of the protective legislative benefits women now get.

The sex-workers rights I don't get. What are you asking for there?

What is comprehensive reproductive rights?

edit on 21-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

GUT I totally agree with you, though, I still say Trump is a Dog with fleas.
Likely a fake.

I know you are of the school of thought with many of my fellows, Mike Whitney, Fintan Dunne, and Paul Craig Roberts that Trump is somehow better than the ME destroying Hillary and Obama.

Maybe so but on other matters Trump is bad and on some foreign matters worst than a Hillary:

He supports torture, banning Muslims, taking Iraqi oil and other crazy ideas

It’s a dilemma but we have to think nimbly here

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

all of those can`t be accomplished in one day and trump has only been president for one day,did they really believe that trump would be able to "end all sexual violence" in just one day? because I gotta tell ya that`s more than just unrealistic that`s insane.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

A republican is in office now.

For the past 8 years there was silence on ratifying the Equal Rights Amendment.

But now?

There will be a call for that.

There will be a focus on the homeless.

And they'll use the unaltered numbers to report unemployment figures.

link   
a reply to: Abysha

THANK-YOU for an actual reply to the WHY/WHAT, Abysha! Now I see that these were not just spur-of-the-moment protests, as the Washington Post implied, but are a conglomeration of organized groups, targeting specific issues that are important to women.

From the excerpt you pasted in your post, it looks like successes will be measured by incremental gains over time, instead of a single "Whoah, we did it!" moment. Thanks again for the thoughtful reply.

-cwm

link   
The Protest By LIBERALS is Too Huge to Dismiss as a One Hit Wonder.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm sure some are well meaning, but I think it is a social event for the majority.

link   
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A republican is in office now.

Arguable.

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

That's all made-up stuff. We already have laws on the books protecting these rights. Enforcement of our laws is a valid beef, however.

As far as the ERA not being ratified, that was to protect women against being called up in a military draft. Ratify it and they will have to go the same as the men, and also it will remove many of the protective legislative benefits women now get.

The sex-workers rights I don't get. What are you asking for there?

I was showing you the official platform.

As far as women being drafted, that's sort of a silly route to take. The draft should be eliminated, period.

And sex workers rights are important. Obviously, legalizing it would be ideal but, short of that, there are many injustices double-standards in the way law enforcement interacts with the sex industry. It is very difficult to self-regulate and make it safer for the sex worker community when it is so criminalized. That's just a couple of issues.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
IMO This siteNews page did a good job of explaining the protest.

“I think it’s really important to go out in solidarity with other mothers, other women, and men, who will say this is not okay,” Stowell said.

And to the Republican congress, we’re watching. President Trump might not care that there are 200,000 people. But hopefully, there will be people from all parts of the country that can let their senators and representatives know that, hey, we don’t agree with what you’re doing and we’re watching.” I asked Haas what she felt she was going to get done by attending the march.

“I’ve been asking myself that question and in terms of things I want to get done, it’s not something you can do in a day. What I want to get done is going to happen over the next years and months. The reason I want to be there is that this is a really important moment. I think we elected a terrible person. I think the way he talked about women and minorities and immigrants is disgraceful. I want to be there to say that with my presence.”

Source

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: Willtell

There scared...afraid

A rapists in the white house, a crotch grabber

Its a scary prospect for right thinking woman

Oh they care now but not when Slick Willy was in there?? Lol!

oh dude they dont do hypocrisy...........much

the great sandwich outage of 2017.......

i am kidding
edit on 21/1/2017 by shooterbrody because: no sandwiches were made today

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: BlueAjah

It made me so sad today to see thousands of women supporting the right to murder their unborn children.
It breaks my heart to a million pieces.
Our country has allowed the murder of innocents to become the norm and accepted.
True, real evil exists.

Why aren't you educating men that they MUST wear condoms? That one single charge will prevent almost all abortions (except for the ones where the baby is already dead.)

And it's far cheaper than birth control pills. Boys should be taught this.

Both boys and girls should be taught this.
Both are responsible.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join