It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen avoids jail for rape of black student

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsionicOmniverse
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Part of the problem? Pretending these are equal in their nature is the exact problem and you are the problem if you're are trying to downplay the crime just as the judge did, into something trivial as a means to get them off the hook.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something here. Was your post stating that this case involving the assault of a mentally challenged man is worse than the case earlier this week in Chicago involving the assault of a mentally challenged man, or am I missing something?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Part of the problem? Pretending these are equal in their nature is the exact problem and you are the problem if you're are trying to downplay the crime just as the judge did, into something trivial as a means to get them off the hook.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something here. Was your post stating that this case involving the assault of a mentally challenged man is worse than the case earlier this week in Chicago involving the assault of a mentally challenged man, or am I missing something?

His point is "F#ck White People".

edit on 6-1-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Eliminating the discretionary powers of the court would eliminate much of the bias/prejudice that exists within the system.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: drewlander

Is as bad? this is much worse.

Guess what? You're part of the goddamned problem. Neither case is acceptable nor is either case better or worse than the other. Both involve multiple pieces of human crap that should simply be tossed into a hole, locked down there, and never see daylight again. One case isn't worse than the other because the victim was one color or another, PERIOD.

Jesus Christ, basic humanity and compassion aren't racial traits, they're just freaking common decency.

Rape will always be worse than making someone drink toilet water.

Black or white.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Black or white.

you're being dishonest...

#1: It was way more than drinking toilet water and you know it.
#2: You keep saying rape, but nobody was raped.

Don't get me wrong, what that kid did was disgusting and he should pay a price for it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Black or white.

you're being dishonest...

#1: It was way more than drinking toilet water and you know it.
#2: You keep saying rape, but nobody was raped.

Don't get me wrong, what that kid did was disgusting and he should pay a price for it.

Are you redefining rape?

A coat hanger was inserted into the young man against his will?

Sorry but I'd rather have my head sliced than that.

Anyways...
Both are disgusting, especially considering the mental disabilities.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Well when we have exhibit A, who has a prior of 30 convictions.. And then exhibit B, who has no record. The person with no record will get less punishment then the latter. Prior history is considered during sentencing. It may "seem" Whitey is getting a lighter sentence on the surface..
edit on 6-1-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Black or white.

Forgetting about the over 30 minute physical beating the bound and gagged victim endured, including getting assaulted with a knife?

Having a coat hanger jammed up your ass isn't rape, it's physical assault... same as being kicked, punched, or slashed repeatedly with a knife is.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Black or white.

Forgetting about the over 30 minute physical beating the bound and gagged victim endured, including getting assaulted with a knife?

Having a coat hanger jammed up your ass isn't rape, it's physical assault... same as being kicked, punched, or slashed repeatedly with a knife is.

plead guilty to "forcible sexual penetration by use of foreign object"

That's rape, mate.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That would be the fair thing to do but it won`t happen because the wealthy people don`t want to be held to the same accountability as the common people are.
cases like this are usually less about black vs white and more about rich vs not rich.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Black or white.

plead guilty to "forcible sexual penetration by use of foreign object"

That's rape, mate.

I agree with Haz. And coupled with the excruciating physical pain, there is humiliating shame involved with rape.

That said, I wouldn't change places with either of these victims for anything. I wouldn't change place with any of the perpetrators either (how disgusting can a person be?)

All the back and forth on this thread about which crime is worse kind of detracts from the true horror of both situations, imo. Easy for us to argue from our keyboards about which person was more fouly violated.
edit on 6-1-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PsionicOmniverse

Maybe he had a really good lawyer...lots of scumbags being all races get off on technicalities due to having a good lawyer...some scumbag lawyers who have defended scumbags use this as a resume builder...it's all just so horrible

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: DBCowboy

That would be the fair thing to do but it won`t happen because the wealthy people don`t want to be held to the same accountability as the common people are.
cases like this are usually less about black vs white and more about rich vs not rich.

Justice may be blind, but it was paid off.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Is as bad? this is much worse.

Can we just agree that all these actions should be condemned by us a species...rediculoys that we are debating what was worse...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This seems as more about homosexual rape than racially motivated from what the article states.

Homosexual rape is often not taken very seriously. And therefore I am not surprised by the lenient sentence.

Was it wrong? Definitely.

Does the punishment fit the crime? Not really.

Was it a racially based hate crime? Too hard to tell from the article.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I do believe this could and should be categorized as WORSE than the Chicago incident. As far as removal of the judge, it is the Prosecution team which makes the decision of what charges to bring and since a full blown trial would have required the victim to testify and relive the whole incident and defense attorneys ripping into him over and over that maybe it was the better decision. The sentence is what I have a problem with but again the Judge would be bound by what the prosecution agreed to sentence the defendant.

As far as the Black/White issues...a crime is a crime and the sentence should fit that crime...are there mitigating circumstances that can make a crime worse...sure and those can come into play at sentence time. This boy and his cohorts should all be doing some time to think about what they did.They should be doing more than community service and such...that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
This boy and his cohorts should all be doing some time to think about what they did.They should be doing more than community service and such...that's for sure.

Doing some time? Doing some TIME??

It's time for vengeance ... and it should start with a full-force assault on the people who created these monsters ... while the perps watch and try to guess at what will befall them.

Time for the words 'cruel and unusual' to be removed from law.

If somebody pulled a stunt like this on my son ... you just better bury me in a hurry.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Unreal....
Rape, hate speech gets a slap on the wrist.
To some.
This thread is so defensive compared to the otger 30+ page thread on front page because of s&f of similar attack with the races swapped. Im very surprised.

What is the black kids parents going to tell him...
Justice failed you because dot dot dot.

I wonder if the black kid decides tomorrow to commit similar crime for some reason, i wonder what his sentence would be and the exaggerated extreme sentiments in the thread for it.

We all live in different worlds. Trump will change this. (i hope)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
some more info:

The 2010 U.S. Census says that the town of Dietrich is more than 90 percent white with just 3.3 percent of residents being African-American. In total, 332 people live in the town.

More than 66 percent of those who attend church in Lincoln County, where Dietrich is located are Mormon. Howard’s uncle identifies as a Mormon while Howard’s sister studied at the Mormon university, Brigham Young.

Howard’s “connections” in the Dietrich community. His uncle is Dietrich High School basketball coach Acey Shaw.
While Howard’s father, also named John, serves as Shaw’s assistant coach.

The other student charged in the case is football player and rodeo star in the community of Richfield,

The victim, an African-American student who was adopted by a white family in the overwhelmingly white town of Dietrich, suffers from mental disabilities/

The victim’s adoptive father, Tim McDaniel, is a science teacher at Dietrich High School. In 2013, he attracted controversy for his teaching of the human reproductive system and for showing the movie An Inconvenient Truth

heavy.com...

Looks like a good ole boy town with lots of nepotism, I wonder how or if the judge and prosecutor are related to the accused?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
The media is focusing on the Facebook torture thing because they are triggering Trump supporters who are by and large white. They aren't triggered by this story because the criminal is white in some if not a lot of cases.

All of them? I bet they all kind of look alike too.
edit on 6-1-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join