It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen avoids jail for rape of black student

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
[snipped] This seems to be a reoccurring thing nation wide ...certain people committing crimes and not being sufficiently punished for what they do based on made up reasons, while others get crucified for having a plant in their pocket.

"After forcibly raping a mentally disabled teammate with a coat hanger in 2015, 18-year-old John R.K. Howard has taken a plea deal to avoid jail time for his unspeakable actions.

Howard, along with two other members of his high school football team in Dietrich, Idaho sexually assaulted their African-American teammate Antwon McDaniel in the locker room of their Idaho high school last October. Facing the possibility of life in prison should he have been convicted at trial, Howard plead guilty to "forcible sexual penetration by use of foreign object," the Twin Falls Times-News reports.

While in court on Friday, Howard accepted the charge and will be sentenced to two to three years of probation and will be required to serve more than 300 hours of community service. Should he complete his sentence without violation of probation or committing any future crimes, he could have his conviction erradicated completely. Any violation of the probation terms could result in Howard serving 10 years in prison with a fine of up to $50,000."

Link to full story.

www.essence.com...

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions,T&C

edit on Fri Jan 6 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: petition removed. EX TAGS added IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Fri Jan 6 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
you wont see too much S&F or exaggerated anguish over this.
the angry mob only comes out on specific occasions.
---
how will the victim live with this 'justice' thats been handed to him is what im concerned....

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
you wont see too much S&F or exaggerated anguish over this.
the angry mob only comes out on specific occasions.
---
how will the victim live with this 'justice' thats been handed to him is what im concerned....

Yeah, except this story is EVERYWHERE because you always gotta have a "F#ck white people" deflection.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I do recall rage about this when it happened. I think this is as bad as the chicago abduction, and I want to know where were the coaches or whoever was supervising these kids? Id have brought charges against them as well. At this point however, we should be frustrated with the "justice system".

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Is as bad? this is much worse.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The media is focusing on the Facebook torture thing because they are triggering Trump supporters who are by and large white. They aren't triggered by this story because the criminal is white in some if not a lot of cases.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yay more corruption in the legal system protecting those that don't deserve it, while punishing those who didn't do jack worth mentioning.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If he has been convicted and sentenced, it's over. Removing the Judge won't make any difference. Unless the prosecution were holding back some other charges, he can't be tried again for this crime because of double jeopardy.

The only possibility is State or Federal charges depending on which he was adjudicated to begin with.
edit on 1/6/2017 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Getting rid of a corrupt judge is beneficial to us all. Allowing the corrupt to remain in power when found only enables it. Why in god's green earth when we seem a person in power that clearly is corrupt and clearly has no respect for the ideals upon which the position he holds is supposed to espouse should we simply ignore it and let it continue?

link   

Removing the judge will stop the bastard letting someone else off with a light sentence for a horrific crime....

link   
This is the problem with our justice system. It invites discretion. There should be no discretion.

One penalty for a crime.

It shouldn't matter if white/black/rich/poor.

link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Given that one incident had an accompanying video that went viral, how much impact do you believe that massively increased exposure had on the public's reaction?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PsionicOmniverse

I don't think this is a case of 'white Priviledge" but it might just be a case of 'football privildege'

Please google the number of times this has happened where the football player gets wrist slap for rape, just so he can continue his football career.

I fully support the petition to review this sentence. And before you place this in the hate crime category, please think of the names that white or black rape victims are called.

Tired of Control Freaks

+8 more 
link   

originally posted by: PsionicOmniverse
a reply to: drewlander

Is as bad? this is much worse.

Guess what? You're part of the goddamned problem. Neither case is acceptable nor is either case better or worse than the other. Both involve multiple pieces of human crap that should simply be tossed into a hole, locked down there, and never see daylight again. One case isn't worse than the other because the victim was one color or another, PERIOD.

Jesus Christ, basic humanity and compassion aren't racial traits, they're just freaking common decency.

link   

It's not over, getting the judge removed will deter judges from doing this in the future, just like how in the standford rape case there was a clear biased and the criminal was only given 6 months because prison would "ruin his future" however this judge never considered giving others who had done lessor things that kind of consideration.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Also is He a Minor or is He 18 or older?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Part of the problem? Pretending these are equal in their nature is the exact problem and you are the problem if you're are trying to downplay the crime just as the judge did, into something trivial as a means to get them off the hook.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

How anyone in a civilized nation manages to avoid gaol time for the crime of rape no matter, their colour, race, or creed is beyond me.

link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
The media is focusing on the Facebook torture thing because they are triggering Trump supporters who are by and large white. They aren't triggered by this story because the criminal is white in some if not a lot of cases.

You must hail from an alternate reality or something. Anytime the media can make hay of a white person doing something horrible to a minority, they do. To the point none of them can tell if what happened in the facebook video was a hate crime.

link   

Yeah, this sounds pretty sh**ty. Judges ALWAYS retain the right (and duty) to disapprove plea deals that are disproportionate (in any way, for or against) to the crime committed.

It would appear, without knowing all of the details, that the judge showed an unwillingness to do his job appropriately that day.

But to be fair, prosecution has to sign off on plea deals, too, and often times only after sitting down with the accuser and ensuring that they are okay with it. I don't know how the accuser felt about the plea deal before it was signed off by the prosecution. If he and his family were okay with it, then who am I to argue just because I disagree with the decision?

If the accuser signed off on it, then all I can say is that I wish he would not have.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join