It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear a Gorilla mask and hold Banana at BLM protest You get---civil rights charges

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Is this not freedom of speech?

IMO it is free speech.

I don't have to like his message, but it is constitutionally protected.
edit on 22-12-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He got the charges...now let him fight them in court. Was it intentionally provoking? Yes. Was he trying to incite something? Possibly.

Charges mean that the police were acting to prevent a disturbance by removing him from the scene. They do not indicate guilt...that can only be decided in court.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: peskyhumans

Again, he told the arresting officer that his explicit goal was to incite violence. That's not protected speech.

If they have a recording of him saying that then it does change things to an extent, but if it is his word against theirs then he can deny it in court and win.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: peskyhumans

Again, he told the arresting officer that his explicit goal was to incite violence. That's not protected speech.

If they have a recording of him saying that then it does change things to an extent, but if it is his word against theirs then he can deny it in court and win.

Go try a he said vs. he said argument against a cop in court and see who wins.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Wear a Gorilla mask and hold Banana at BLM protest You get---civil rights charges

Fk a civil rights charges, I hope they kick the sht out of them, I am done playing with fukin racist ass Nazis.. they can go to fuking hell!!
edit on 22-12-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Nothing you said refuted what I posted.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Far from a Nazi.
Just as you have the right to "speak" as you just did, so does he.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Ok and your point?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

First, let's go with.....

Should burning of the American flag be stopped because it insights violence?

What do you mean "should"? Laws aren't decided on a whim. It's not about what you or I think, it's about what has been upheld in court.

Burning a flag has been ruled to be a constitutional expression of the 1st Amendment in a court of law (the Supreme Court, to be exact). Inciting a riot has not been found to be constitutional in a court of law, instead being ruled to be a crime.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You're the one who said

Seems like a lot of people want "Freedom from speech".

So I pointed out that there are already plenty of accepted forms of "freedom from speech" here. I was even nice enough to give examples.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Far from a Nazi.
Just as you have the right to "speak" as you just did, so does he.

You know what?? fk all that!! the way I feel right now???.. I am on a hair trigger, mkfrs hiding under the right of free speech while pushing buttons??, well ok feel free to make your speech, I in turn reserve the right to put foot in ass ,if you cross certain lines with me.. I ain't got no more patience for nonadat sht... don't look for Gandhi or King in my direction, look for the mad masher who trained me, my Maroon ancestors, uncles and my personal code of conduct or honor.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Mr. Mad masher,

Maybe cut back on caffeine intake? Look at eliminating any artificial colors too.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Thank you for your niceness. I think that people need to take a step back, take a breath.

There is no reason to dot someone's eye for wearing a costume and playing with fruit, or change or cry about the constitution ( others are I don't think you are ).

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Mr. Mad masher,

Maybe cut back on caffeine intake? Look at eliminating any artificial colors too.

Ain't got nothing to do with caffeine intake or high tension drugs, someone want to insult me to my face ,then face my drum beat, yes I will be in the wrong but i'd be damed if it I won't feel satisfied rather than go home and kick a dog which I don't even have, just because I didn't open a can o whooppazz on a Nazi troll.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I don't think a riot was started. This seems like freedom of speech. Would I do that in my mid 40's nope.

Seems like a lot of people want "Freedom from speech".

I said Potentially inciting a riot

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ok, good luck with your well thought out master plan.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Ok, good luck with your well thought out master plan.

Thank you, sometimes simple is best.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Well he can't control what other do.

As I said earlier, I wouldn't pull that bull, but maybe this guy hasn't been stomped hard enough yet.

This is a freedom of speech issue, nothing more.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think this is HILARIOUS and if he didn't threaten anyone should be protected under 1ST amendment FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I like this ruling,

Anyone who is liberal offends me, and therefore it is a violation of my civil rights for anyone to espouse their liberal values. It might incite a riot and cause innocent people to be harmed. /sarc

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join