It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic’ just made history with its new cover--9 year Old Transgender Activist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow, time for some family therapy.

..or CPS

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: dreamingawake
It's that society treats these people horribly that is the issue. Good for National Geographic as the story and even being on YouTube can help others.

originally posted by: suvorov
Next step is beastiality, Dog-humans etc

No, just no. Please, that is not the direction here why do people keep touting that? Just let children such as in the OP suffer?

How do you know the child is not being exploited?

What makes you assume they are being exploited? Can they not have a choice, as they mention about being an advocate.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: dreamingawake

Society treats everyone like crap. Everyone gets their fair share of bad things, you, me and yes the trans.

That's a generalization.

That's my reply to you insinuating their life is, in part, horrible. I know someone who is trans(f to m) their life is not horrible, nor was it before they changed over in heir 20s, in fact they are doing very well. Horrible was how they were treated as a non feminine woman due to people not understanding and am sure other reasons.
edit on 17-12-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The child is only nine. When the child enters puberty the child may be surprised that whoops, I'm a lesbian?

Full disclosure. I'm a male that self-identifies as a lesbian cross-dresser. That's the ticket.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: rockintitz

Being 9, I'm not sure of the drugs that will eventually be a necessity. These can be dangerous as well.

The picture of this 9 year old is horrible too. Not what I think of when I think of someone who isn't 10 years old yet. NOT EVEN 10 YET!

The benefit of starting female hormones early is that Male hormones and Androgens can't be balanced without adding more hormones. Starting Female Hormones early actually would be the easiest to reverse and would take the least amount of Hormone contrast to cause results. Hormones effects operate with a 'balance'. Male hormones aren't easily removed.

Essentially, you can argue it's bad to do this to children ethically at a young age, but every year they have male hormones added to their body naturally makes it more dangerous to consider later, as it would then take even more female hormones to cause results, and having too many hormones is unhealthy and can lead to heart problems etc.

You might feel 'tough love' is appropriate until they are 'of age' to decide, but it sure will be a dose of reality when your child has heart issues dealing with twice as many hormones because you waited and didn't listen to them at a young age.
edit on 16-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

(post by Dan00 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
!!SPOILER ALERT!! :

YOU'RE STILL A BOY! Please seek therapy instead of mutilation!!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00
a reply to: imjack

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

The benefit of starting female hormones early...

*Snip* What is your logical reasoning for letting a Transgender Male-Female develop unnecessary male hormones that only increase as the years go by, and then until when? They're 18? 21? Do you understand how many hormones are added in the years of puberty alone?

Do I think giving hormones to kids before puberty is wrong? Depends. In this child's case, 9 seems young, but lets ignore the fact this person will never have to live with a chemical imbalance and perception they're not female. She will make friends and strong social connections at a young age, and will probably have far less social issues than your standard Transgender.

Most of this I attribute to the parents supporting the kid while they're young, not hormones, but that is part of life, a missing part for many people, and now she will not be left out.

Finally, like I said before, despite your hate for rational science, the amount of necessary hormones it will take to balance her levels starting that young will be so low, she would easily have potential to transition back to male if she wanted. You act like this is permanently ruining someone, when the reality is making this choice at a late age is what makes it permanent, because of how many hormones you need to balance after years of creating male ones.
edit on 17-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/17/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

And you're a retard for denying science. What is your logical reasoning for letting a Transgender Male-Female develop unnecessary male hormones that only increase as the years go by, and then until when? They're 18?

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Your barely articulated response didn't answer my questions. Any of them.

You don't address health issues, just hide behind your bigoted stance with deflection.

If someone is going to Transition anyway, forcing them to wait and develop male hormones on their own puts them at heart risk later once under HTR, this is just a fact. You want to deny rights, specifically ones that allow people to be healthier people later in life.

You have no concept at all of how hormone balance works. I'd guess it's your assumption she takes these pills forever. That's not how it works either.

edit on 12/17/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

#. Their. Mental. Health.

Address the environmental factors first!

Why should we let mental illness guide public policy?

You and I are both discussing things that won't be properly articulated for years. And, in fact, these things have only ever been articulated in sociological surveys of prison-sex-culture.

What do you think of that? While spying our poster boy's moustache?

You're lost.
edit on 17-12-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I wonder if she wants her adams apple removed, or maybe even get that extra rib implant. To each his/her own.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

#. Their. Mental. Health.

Address the environmental factors first!

Why should we let mental illness guide public policy?

You and I are both discussing things that won't be properly articulated for years. And, in fact, these things have only ever been articulated in sociological surveys of prison-sex-culture.

What do you think of that? While spying pour poster boy's moustache?

You're lost.

And when there is evidence this improves mental health among transitioning people, you will crawl back into your hole?

Early transition, for having the highest criticisms, actually have the highest success rates. People that are angry about their transitions, waited until their life was over, or they were generally unable to because of other reasons, and once transitioned, felt unsatisfied, even specifically with just how long it took sometimes.

Someone that is 9 doesn't really hold such complex mental delusions, and treating people like they can't speak for themselves is the first step toward fascism.

PS. It really tickles me how you people always resort to Money in these transgender arguments. Rofl. Your education is so advanced, you can't even spell 'poor'. Meanwhile, I'm literally probably richer than anyone you've ever spoken to IRL.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

You don't know what the # you are talking about.

I found myself scrubbing those sorts of "transition" cases before I learned that participation was conditionally voluntary.

You don't know what those people go through before and after as I do.

You are adhering to a Shibboleth,

Do you know what that means, imjack?
edit on 17-12-2016 by Dan00 because: ???

P.S. Do you know what "scrubbing" means?

Meanwhile, I'm literally probably richer than anyone you've ever spoken to IRL.

You will be as long as you continue to educate yourself.

edit on 17-12-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What is it with the "trans" kids, snowflakes, etc 'having to have' pink-blue-purple swirl hair? The whole look is fad'ish material that is being learned, just as girls clothes designs aren't genetic, they're learned gender roles trends. Fetish and learned trend appeal. Attention whoring. And they keep getting it. You'd thing it were a full blown craze by the way the trend is so over-reported. Look at me, look at me, social media: I'm on TV.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

You don't know what the # you are talking about.

I found myself scrubbing those sorts of "transition" cases before I learned that participation was conditionally voluntary.

You don't know what those people go through before and after as I do.

You are adhering to a Shibboleth,

Do you know what that means, imjack?

P.S. Do you know what "scrubbing" means?

Lets hear your brilliant proposal then, you can barely even spell, I'm sure it will be the most reasonable I've ever heard.

Or will it just be more personal and partisan attacks?

Can I get 10 from anyone for Personal and Partisan attacks? This person has no real opinion. Thus all the theatrics and no substance towards the topic.

(post by imjack removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join