It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid people are talking in public again.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
a reply to: DBCowboy

So this person tries to run down people with his car, then tries to get out an stab people with a butcher knife, and the cop is to blame for shooting him? I would expect nothing less from universities these days. The only way to avoid indoctrination is to major in one of the core sciences....Math, Bio, Chem, Physics, Engineering, etc......

She never did blame the cop in her defense. Just that lethal force itself is unjust. In this case imo it was handled appropriately by the young officer. However I can agree that in certain situations lethal force isnt warranted and rules of engagement should have nonlethal options in place before deadly force should be used as a last resort.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
Women's Gender and Sexuality Studies?
Jesus.

That has been a university major and/or course for decades.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Jesus.

Tons of jobs out there with that degree

*rolls eyes*

Researchers, writers and teachers. It often leads to getting a masters in psychology, social work or sociology.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I just lost even more faith in society...this young woman who is currently getting a college education is exactly what is wrong with this country and just adds fuel to the fire as another reason why President Trump won this election. In her eyes it seems as though a suspect could kill another person right in front of a police officer and she believes it to be wrong if he acts with deadly force....SMH.

Thank you for bringing this to light DBCowboy.
edit on 10-12-2016 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

women’s, gender and sexuality studies

edit on 10-12-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

Not for nothing but it is standard SOP in all police departments across the country that Less then Lethal force should be tried first in any situation. However there are situations like the one that took place at Ohio State that required and justified the type of force that was used, in my eyes as a law enforcement professional I see nothing wrong with how this turned out. If that young officer did not act the way he did lives would have been lost instead of saved. I will pose one question to you and that is, Why do you believe that lethal force is unjust?

If the possibility of the use of less lethal force is determined to be an option the Patrol Supervisor shall be notified and respond to the scene. If the possibility of the use of less lethal force is determined to be a reasonable option by the Patrol Supervisor, then the Patrol Supervisor shall notify the Boston Emergency Medical Services to respond. Before each and every round is discharged, the Patrol Supervisor shall announce in a loud and clear voice the word “BEANBAG.”

Sec. 2 General Considerations: The primary purpose for which a sworn member of the Department is issued a firearm and trained in its use is the protection of life and limb, both theirs and that of every other person needing such protection. Although the firearm is a necessary weapon for present-day policing, its potential to inflict death or great bodily injury mandates that it be used with discrimination and within clearly-defined limits. This rule establishes those limits.

bpdnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">bpdnews.com...

edit on 10-12-2016 by caf1550 because: First link did not work.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Jesus.

No. I don't think Jesus has anything to do with those. If anything, they might mention as a symbol of oppressive patriarchy and why God is a misogynist. After all, if you are going to only have one offspring ... why a son?! Couldn't a womyn do just a well?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Couldn't a womyn do just a well?

No. Because she'd be too busy making sammiches.

edit on 6America/Chicago20Sat, 10 Dec 2016 23:20:23 -0600101100000016 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

America is been taken over by madness I hope that the eleven student injured come forward and go after this stupid protesters.

What in the heck is going in our nation, is a veil of craziness taking over the minds people making them delusional.

I guess the fakes news is now an official infection.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Jesus.

Tons of jobs out there with that degree

*rolls eyes*

Researchers, writers and teachers. It often leads to getting a masters in psychology, social work or sociology.

Well that explains quite a bit about some other things going on in society too.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Lethal force may be used to stop a forcible felony. This student is out to lunch and the fact she is a student at a university which decides which laws to follow and which not to follow (kind of like this administration) apparently sometimes because of feelings makes her argument irrelevant. She isn't a law student and even if she was she will get a reality education once she theoretically hit a US court of law.

I don't even know why anyone serious would even make this news. As I said, she is irrelevant right out of the box. So who the hell cares?

These universities are doing their students a disservice with all the safe space and other ridiculous things. They develop these ideas that do not apply to the real world except in universities. I have spoken to certain corporate executives who have told me in confidence that there is no way they would hire these type of people. It would only create problems within the company. We see problems these people have when they are off campus. College is where people are supposed to be challenged with other ideas so they can grow and learn. At this point, these students run an hide in safe places when confronted with just about anything that hurts their little feelings.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Maryam Abidi, a fourth-year in women’s, gender and sexuality studies, defended the protest in a statement to the campus newspaper. She said Mr. Artan, 18, was added to a list of names of those wrongly killed by cops because lethal force cannot bring justice.

Ha! I would call it Instant Justice!

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
these idiots get quoted in the news-because the physics students are too busy

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550

Not for nothing but it is standard SOP in all police departments across the country that Less then Lethal force should be tried first in any situation. However there are situations like the one that took place at Ohio State that required and justified the type of force that was used, in my eyes as a law enforcement professional I see nothing wrong with how this turned out. If that young officer did not act the way he did lives would have been lost instead of saved. I will pose one question to you and that is, Why do you believe that lethal force is unjust?

If the possibility of the use of less lethal force is determined to be an option the Patrol Supervisor shall be notified and respond to the scene. If the possibility of the use of less lethal force is determined to be a reasonable option by the Patrol Supervisor, then the Patrol Supervisor shall notify the Boston Emergency Medical Services to respond. Before each and every round is discharged, the Patrol Supervisor shall announce in a loud and clear voice the word “BEANBAG.”

Sec. 2 General Considerations: The primary purpose for which a sworn member of the Department is issued a firearm and trained in its use is the protection of life and limb, both theirs and that of every other person needing such protection. Although the firearm is a necessary weapon for present-day policing, its potential to inflict death or great bodily injury mandates that it be used with discrimination and within clearly-defined limits. This rule establishes those limits.

My answer is clearly in the statement your replying to. I never said that it was unjust across the board, just that law enforcement professionals dont properly use the rules of engagement in a lot of these cases. I also clearly said this shooting was justified. However in many cases nonlethal munitions and tatics can and should be used more often.
edit on 11-12-2016 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari

originally posted by: caf1550

My answer is clearly in the statement your replying to. I never said that it was unjust across the board ot just that law enforcement professionals dont know how to use the rules of engagement in a lot of these cases. I also clearly said this shooting was justified. However in many cases nonlethal munitions and tatics can and should be used more often.

Ok here's an example. Some guy is going crazy on the street waving a knife. He's threatening to kill himself. Officers arrive on the scene and draw there guns on the guy and order him to put the knife down. He doesn't comply and they shoot him. In your opinion is this a clean shooting?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This isn't just one student. Through the past year we've seen example after example of this type of myopic view that is pervasive in our society.

What is really scary is that not only do politicians feed this kind of mindset, but these are the future leaders.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Jesus.

These kind of courses should be stopped. Kids are being exploited with stupid courses that they spend years on, getting into huge debt so a few people can get rich whilst the student, being as dumb leaving uni as they went in, has to survive on welfare.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Women's gender and sexuality? How the heck is this a major? Good god.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

just has to ask :

how the fook does " wimmins studies " prepare one for a masters in :

masters in psychology,.............. or sociology.

i would reccomend a bachelors in the relevant feild - but hey

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Jesus.

Yea. I dated one of those. Once. For 9 years. It took years afterwards to get my testosterone back in line. I had to binge watch about a decades worth of UFC.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join