It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid people are talking in public again.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

America, we have a problem, and it’s coming from #fakeuniversities.

WashTimes-

Activists at Ohio State University held a protest this week that framed the killing of Abdul Razak Ali Artan during a terror attack as unjustified.

Eleven students were injured Nov. 28 when Mr. Artan turned his car into a weapon. The Somali immigrant and logistics management student was shot by Ohio State University Police Department Officer Alan Horujko, 28, before he could execute victims with a butcher knife.

Maryam Abidi, a fourth-year in women’s, gender and sexuality studies, defended the protest in a statement to the campus newspaper. She said Mr. Artan, 18, was added to a list of names of those wrongly killed by cops because lethal force cannot bring justice.

“In some cases, the deceased may have committed acts of violence against others before they were killed,” Ms. Abidi told the Lantern Thursday. “Perhaps they were domestic abusers, perhaps they threatened or killed others. This possibility is not something to shy away from. The protest against police brutality extends to the innocent and the guilty alike, because we know that no matter the crime, justice and due process don’t come from a cop’s bullet.”

The activist added that “right-wing pundits” have used the attack to focus “Islamophobia and xenophobia” onto Columbus.

iotwreport.com...

Let me highlight one thing from this.

Maryam Abidi, a fourth-year in women’s, gender and sexuality studies, defended the protest in a statement to the campus newspaper. She said Mr. Artan, 18, was added to a list of names of those wrongly killed by cops because lethal force cannot bring justice.

This is why I am such a big proponent of free speech. Without it, we'd never know that idiots like this one exist.

Now I know that there will be those of you who will rush to defend "Doron The Moron" and you should be free to do so.

I will use my free expression to proclaim that she makes brain-dead drooling idiots look like MENSA members.

+37 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Women's Gender and Sexuality Studies?
Jesus.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So this person tries to run down people with his car, then tries to get out an stab people with a butcher knife, and the cop is to blame for shooting him? I would expect nothing less from universities these days. The only way to avoid indoctrination is to major in one of the core sciences....Math, Bio, Chem, Physics, Engineering, etc......

edit on pm1212201616America/Chicago10p04pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
Jesus.

Tons of jobs out there with that degree

*rolls eyes*

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Shooting someone busy killing people is bad now.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So...she said this:

"in some cases, the deceased may have committed acts of violence against others before they were killed,” Ms. Abidi told the Lantern Thursday. “Perhaps they were domestic abusers, perhaps they threatened or killed others. This possibility is not something to shy away from "

She cant mean that the terrorist was possibly justified in killing these people
because they might have been "bad" people who deserved it ?

Then again, it seems the only logical application of her words.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

She's justifying terrorist acts.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I concur with the OP. Although there are too many to keep up with.

lethal force cannot bring justice.

How about not using lethal force on innocent people so there is not need to consider the application of justice.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Even a dirty nickel shines in a pile of 💩

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

Jesus.

Tons of jobs out there with that degree

*rolls eyes*

Seems the majority of people can't learn difficult subjects so these courses are what are allowed for a degree.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: burntheships

She's justifying terrorist acts.

Yes...which is a logical fallacy. Not sure
there is a cure for that, but at least she can
speak out, even if it is twisted of mind.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Jesus.

And they want us to pay for free college!

LOL

What a waste of someone else's money.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Stupid people are ALWAYS talking in public . We allow stupid people to rule over us. We vote for them and give them our approval to act as our agent. Why would anyone do that?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
this is only news worthy for people who think its news worthy.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Sounds about right.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It's a shame Maryam wasn't there to stop the car....by standing in front of it.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Jesus.

and when she graduates she`ll bitch because she can`t get a $200,000 a year job and is stuck working the front desk night shift at a holiday inn express in pig scotum hollow Oklahoma.I hope the tax payers aren`t funding any government grants for her to study gender and sexuality.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This article brings up the typical issue I see on here and other places. Its from a site that I would consider sketchy at best, it does link to a Washington Post article which is one of the few articles on the "protest". It was a short article with little detail except her quote, I will say it is a stupid quote but researching it I really only found more hyper partisan websites rehashing the same article over and over with slightly different commentary designed to fire up people who already think most people at universities are morons..The only documented photo I could find of this "protest" was two people holding a banner. Stories like this always just seem to be entirely designed to do nothing but rile people up and blow things out of proportion..and it works. The way it read to me, it seemed like there would have been 500 people at this protest..which still isnt even a half of a percent of the total student population of the school.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There'd be a different tone about this if the police had accidentally killed one of the people that this terrorist was attempting to stab.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't understand your point...are you agreeing with Maryam?

reply to: trb71

The fact that one person showed up is sickening.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join