It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Trump's rhetoric is affecting students.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

but it is no different than any other middle school kids experiance
Easy for you to say. I guess.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The fact was that these boys would use anything that had been in the news or had been popularised by media as an insult. The source being from any person as long as what they were saying would cause a noticeable reaction from peers and the person the insult was slung at. 'Go back to where you came from' was around well before it was supposedly popularised.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

The fact was that these boys would use anything that had been in the news or had been popularised by media as an insult.

You mean popularized by a candidate for President? You don't think that provides them with validation?

edit on 10/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

middle school kids get picked on and its trumps fault?
seriously?

No.

It's their parents who support Trump.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

did you not attend middle school?
you can put that age kids in uniforms with identical classes lunches ect and some will still act out

or do you deny kids that age can be incredible asses?

blaming trump is bs
just as blaming hillary for that would be bs

parents and teachers are the targets of blame
but thats easy for me to say

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

did you not attend middle school?
No, I went straight to high school. [/sarcasm]

or do you deny kids that age can be incredible asses?
Nope. Of course, the fact that a Presidential candidate can be an incredible ass who acts like a middle school student makes it a bit problematic in condemning them.

just as blaming hillary for that would be bs
Hillary promotes bullying? How so?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

seriously?

No.

Of course it is. Then they look to who their parents are taking their cue from.

The whole thing is very sad and pathetic, I think.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Validation never came into it. As I said they acted like this only to gain reactions and popularity. They weren't actually racist or homophobic or hateful. They were immature teenagers who spouted whatever bull- they could come up with or picked up.

I think maybe it hasn't been picked up on that in the perception of the victim it obviously seems worse because it's backed by someone of power, all be they a totally incompetent buffoon. Whilst in the mind of those spouting this crap it's just the thing that will get the biggest reaction and cause the most uproar.

If I feel anything here it's that we need to teach people respect and tolerance.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

As I said they acted like this only to gain reactions and popularity

I never met a bully who was popular.

If I feel anything here it's that we need to teach people respect and tolerance.
Yeah. Good idea. Tell that to Trump.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Trump said today that he would LOVE to fight Vice President Joe Biden who'd commented about Trump's sex assault allegations that he wishes he was back in high school so that he could take Trump out behind the gym.

Biden was speaking allegorically.

Trump came back by saying that he'd love to fight Biden and that Biden is only being a tough guy because he's all alone behind a microphone.

In other words, Trump called him out and said that it was something that he would just love to actually do.

Trump was known to fight people as a child. He loved it then (fighting with other kids, physically) and apparently, he would love it now.

Can you imagine. Biden walked back his comment previously by highlighting that he meant only if they were in high school, or in other words, as a figure of speech. Trump responded by saying in effect, "let's go, right now!"

It's ridiculous.

It's no wonder at all that kids are acting out from what they are seeing and hearing.

What concerns me is the very heart and soul of the country if Trump were to become its chief representative.. OMG!

edit on 25-10-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: underwerks
Trump has made people think its ok to be bigoted.

Lol.

Please explain how Trump is a bigot and Hillary is not when SHE was the one who called black men "Super Predators?"

How do you folks rationalize this nonsense?? Seriously?

I never said Trump was a bigot. I said he's made it acceptable to act like one. Big difference.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

There is no lower form of scumminess then those who cry "Won't someone think of the children"? And using children for propaganda is sickening.

Tired of Control Freaks

That's really the lowest form of scumminess you can think of?

Really?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Hillary promotes bullying? How so?

Hillary routinely bullied her bodyguards worst language possible

Ex-Secret Service Officer: White House staff lived in fear of Hillary

Ex-Secret Service officer claims Hillary gave Bill a black eye

NBC Crew - Hillary had a massive meltdown after September 7th Forum

I'm surprised you don't remember these?

Yeah. Good idea. Tell that to Trump.

See above. I think Hillary needs it too.
edit on 25102016 by DodgyDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: Annee

seriously?

No.

Of course it is. Then they look to who their parents are taking their cue from.

The whole thing is very sad and pathetic, I think.

Oh Hell Yeah!!!!

My 8 year old grandson apologized to me today, because he's decided to vote for Trump. Even though Trump is crazy (gramma influence).

Why? Because a girl in his class, an annoying one, told him if Trump won she was moving to Canada.

Vote Trump. Get rid of annoying girl classmate. She's moving to Canada.

Best reason ever

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

wow

are you really going to push that its trumps fault that middle school kids get picked on?

i didnt post that hillary promotes bullying, in fact i posted the opposite.

www.stompoutbullying.org...

i find it interesting this organization wasnt started when trumps campaign did

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

I wish to God that Americans who are preparing to vote and in what they say and do would think of their children who are watching, as well as the whole world who is also watching.

That close to 40% of you, knowing everything you do and seeing everything that you've seen are prepared to still vote for this clown is down right embarrassing.

Why not send a message about what you flat out reject, even if you don't embrace the other side or it's solid platform for moving the country forward in a way that's beneficial for the most people.

The rest of the world is at a loss at to what's going on there, and the children are watching very closely.

I hope that Trump gets repudiated in a landslide, and that's not to say that Hillary is all roses and sunshine, although it's possible that she might have learned some hard lessons along the way about what works and what doesn't work and what to do and what not to do.

Trump never learns.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
They should be worried about life after college without a job. Who cares how they feel ? No one asked me how I felt in college. We even had David Duke show up and we booed him off campus, that was in 94. Sensitive people that are SO offended by trump and complaining about him make me want to build an even bigger trump sign in my yard so they see it when they ride by, get triggered and seek a safe space where all information is left driven propaganda and MSNBC IS THE AUTHORITY.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

NBC Crew - Hillary had a massive meltdown after September 7th Forum

That was interesting.. I think it's probably true. Seems congruent, particularly her rant at Donna Brazlle.

So it's between a total bitch who's an abusive, power mongerer and an out of control control freak, or, a power mongering out of control idiot man-child who doesn't have the first clue.

Glad I'm not an American with that kind of choice.

Hillary needs therapy and anger management. Still, doesn't mean that Trump would make for a better POTUS.

edit on 25-10-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

are you really going to push that its trumps fault that middle school kids get picked on?
No, and that is not what I said. I'm saying that a Presidential candidate who is a poor role model doesn't help anything and can, in fact, exacerbate a problem.

Remember the brouhaha about Bill Clinton's escapades and his effect on youth?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

i do remember the bs around bill clinton
bill clinton had no more effect on kids than trump has
anyone who tells you otherwise is full of crap
and there was ALOT of crap thrown around then

i agree trump is a poor role model, but that is no reason to blame him for middle school kids actions, unless its his kid

do you hold up any current politician as a role model?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join