It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Trump's rhetoric is affecting students.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: underwerks

Everyone is just a deplorable jerk if they dont agree with you.

Why do you think that?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Thats not an actual quote.

The dream is dead. We can barely pay our bills let alone buy a home, car and send our kids to school.

Our industry is dead, jobs are sent everywhere else, when we do have them, they dont pay a damn, our men and women are used to wage wars for profit, our government is hopelesly corrupt, our media is owned by 6 mega corporations and propaganda is legal.

Things are not great.

edit on 10 25 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Thats not an actual quote.

The dream is dead. We can barely pay our bills let alone buy a home, car and send our kids to school.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Trump has made people think its ok to be bigoted.

No , Mr. Trump has made People Think of Patriotism Again . Bigotry , Racism , Hatred , have Nothing to do with that .

link   
Oh, for God's sakes! Get the safe spaces ready! You know what the kids in previous generations had to look forward to?

Storming the beaches of Normandy with a scant chance of living through it. Each generation subsequent to that has gotten weaker, more dependent, and more entitled. It's a downward curve from the Great Generation, a sliding scale down through the whining Baby Boomers, and now what? Are we past the Millennials yet? What are these poor babies going to call themselves? The Wuss generation?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You are a minority. Most Americans feel that way.

Also, please show me you didnt make up a quote.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The minority vote should be yuggggeee now that Trump has threatened to send them back. Hispanics that used to be apolitical are lining up at the polls in unprecedented numbers.

The Republicans worked for years to appeal to minorities and increase their chances at victory. Trump trashed that; it's almost as if he wants the dembs to win.
edit on 25-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Says alot about you bruh.a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

No , Mr. Trump has made People Think of Patriotism Again . Bigotry , Racism , Hatred , have Nothing to do with that .

I guess it depends what era of "patriotism" you're talking about in this country.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Oh, for God's sakes! Get the safe spaces ready! You know what the kids in previous generations had to look forward to?

Storming the beaches of Normandy with a scant chance of living through it. Each generation subsequent to that has gotten weaker, more dependent, and more entitled.

Yes. Boomer here, I know what I had to look forward to. Nuclear annihilation and/or being sent to fight in a stupid war in Southeast Asia. All courtesy of that previous generation.

edit on 10/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bluerabbit7788

That's off topic.

What I wanted to talk about was the rise in white racist/nationalist sentiment that has young people wishing that they weren't born in the US and that their parents had never immigrated.

What kind of American would you end up with if Trump became President and by that I'm referring to it's heart and soul, it's compassion, tolerance and sense of inclusion, not exclusion.

The vid in the OP is like a little microcosm of the implications of the political rhetoric of Donald Trump.

It's not just about "oh someone teased me in high school".

As to what you posted, I have no doubt that the Donald rode on Epstein's "Lolita Express" as did his friend Bill Clinton, which is why you'll never hear the word "Epstein" on the MSM.

In Hillary's favor she can't be held responsible for what her husband did, unless it was with her blessing I suppose.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You are a minority. Most Americans feel that way.

Also, please show me you didnt make up a quote.

Nah, I'm not going to show you anything, I'm too tired. Anyway, those quotes are common knowledge. You must not even keep up with the things he says.

About the American Dream being dead, what disturbs me more than your believing that, is that you think Donald Trump!!
..of all people, would have the motivation, or the KNOW-HOW to fix any of it.

You haven't figured out that all he talks about is other people, demeaning them, while blowing himself out of the water with his grandiosity? He has a very small mind.

Oh well, Mr. Tadaman. I have to retire to my bedroom, where I shall block out all things Trump for the evening.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's about time we raise a generation of children who don't scurry off to safe spaces when confronted with different opinions..

We become better from being able to debate our differences of opinion...

There is so much more that our next generation can achieve, create, invent.. if we teach them that it's ok to think for yourself..

There will always be extreme opinions that take advantage of the freedoms our country allows... but it is minimal compared to the sheltering of our future through PC BS that stifles individual thought...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I have never seen anything linking donald to epstiens lolita express.

I am glad you realize that high level politicians do that all the time. Which is kind of why we should never elect another career politician ever again.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Really. Rhetoric? They should be worrying how the policies of the left affect they're neighborhoods instead being used to further the agenda of corrupt politicians

Sad

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You cant show me because it was never said.

It was completely made up.

You obviously have never seen a transcript...as I am CERTAIN there is none.

You are just a parrot of bad information.

As for everything else you said, pfft.

More propaganda that emboldens as it insults our intelligence.

You have no credibility if you repeat things that are blatent lies.

That is not an actual quote. Show us a transcript, if not know that everytime you repeat that LIE.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Exhibit A

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
It's about time we raise a generation of children who don't scurry off to safe spaces when confronted with different opinions..

We become better from being able to debate our differences of opinion...

There is so much more that our next generation can achieve, create, invent.. if we teach them that it's ok to think for yourself..

There will always be extreme opinions that take advantage of the freedoms our country allows... but it is minimal compared to the sheltering of our future through PC BS that stifles individual thought...

Good lord, the kids I know don't scurry off about anything. They have opinions and aren't afraid to express them.
They stand up for themselves.

I think this whole "safe space" thing is exaggerated.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

No , Mr. Trump has made People Think of Patriotism Again . Bigotry , Racism , Hatred , have Nothing to do with that.

"Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our insanity. ”Patriotism” is its cult. It should hardly be necessary to say, that by ”patriotism” I mean that attitude which puts the own nation above humanity, above the principles of truth and justice; not the loving interest in one’s own nation, which is the concern with the nation’s spiritual as much as with its material welfare – never with its power over other nations.

Just as love for one individual which excludes the love for others is not love, love for one’s country which is not part of one’s love for humanity is not love, but idolatrous worship.

~ Erich Fromm, German born, American Psychologist from his book "The Sane Society"

Read more at www.notable-quotes.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You cant show me because it was never said.

It was completely made up.

As for everything else you said, pfft.

More propaganda that emboldens as it insults our intelligence.

Okay. Which do you want see? The American Dream statement, or the Nuke statement? I'll take a minute to humour you before I go watch my movie.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join