It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy explains flat Earth theory convincingly and how round earth proof aren't absolute

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PoetryInMotion

ffs - feeding the troll is getting tiersome

the sise of ploaris does not change because the ratio between the actual distabce and the different vantage points is so small

this is fooking obvious basic science

stand 1km from the CN tower - and take a pic - then take 2 moore - 1 km +2cm then 1km -5cm - and see if you can see the difference in angular resolution of the main pod

now - lets here your explainations - because all i see is a troll JAQing off
edit on 13-10-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

what have you ACTUALLY said - hint - heres a list of your replies in this thread :

replies

much JAQing off - no actuall explainations

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If you show me some videos from the edge, but don´t fall down....
Wait, how would gravity work then? We would not need any rockets, we could just walk off the edge. When a ship travels away from the coast and it get´s out of sight, what is the reason for this? Did it fell off the edge? And when it returns, how did it get back?

Now bring yours.
edit on 13-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

That live?.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

The first one is supposed to be. Seems like they´re on a space walk right now. Seen the gloves?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

the oblateness is MEASURABLE - and is a fact - you curiously dont claim the earth is not oblate - and offer no evidence

is this your entire MO - just JAQoff till everyone tires of you ?

but yes - the oblateness of the earth is measurable - so - WHY are you bringing up this absurd " argument " ?

do you differentiate between a circle and an oval - if so why? - if not why ?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Cool I'm gonna wave when it gets over the UK.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Notice:

a Hacker (FlatEarthSociety) is attacking our stream spamming on chat!
Youtube support will fix this soon! Apologize for the inconvenience. (13-oct)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What a douche.
Spoiling the magnificence of the feed.

Are you watching the feed it is mind blowing I want to go up there

I mean just look at it plus the engineering involved it makes me proud.
edit on 13-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Yes, I pulled it over on my right screen to watch it while I wait for the laughable explanations our new forum troll will deliver. It´s marvelous, the music is very fitting.

Edit: Not so sure if it´s really live.
www.nasa.gov...
There´s no spacewalk on shedule for today?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I just have to say that the stigma that comes with even exploring an idea puzzles me.

For an example, the fact that Flat Earth topics don't go to the hoax bin, or a forum of it's own( it certainly comes up enough to deserve one). It goes to LOL. OP, sorry but you are a Liar! A Liar because you are exploring ideas.

There is a quote in this video that I have never heard but it is right on point. "I would rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answer's that can't be questioned."

I watched the video even though I have seen hundreds just like it, simply because I don't like to discuss things I haven't reviewed. Its like sitting in English Class waiting to give a book report when you didn't read the book.

The presenter has a few good points, that have already come up in this thread as examples of proof.

NASA photos. He showed at least 6 "Photos of Earth" that were officially released by NASA and all of them are different. Not like the clouds are different, like the continents are different, like NorthAmerica covers 1/4 of the planet in one and a 1/16th in the next.

Weather balloons... I have yet to find footage on YouTube that does not include a FishEye Lens or some other image manipulation. Yeah you can see the Curve as it goes from cancave to convex to flat to convex again. Proof of nothing.

A recent "private citizens" GoFast rocket launch was a record breaking flight from I believe Utah. It went above 70 miles and came to a sudden stop. While still directly above Utah the Moon can be seen, but the Moon should have been over Australia at the time. No Australians reported the Moon missing so my mind can't get around that geometry.

The math works out the exact same Two ways. Two ways Big and far or Small and close.

This tug of war has gone on for a long time and is not "Settled Science" as much as the Heliocentric Model believers would like us all to believe. The Geocentric Model has made a big resurgence and is gaining traction. The film "The Principle" that was in the news rounds is proof of that. When you really look at the stuff that is out there, you find that there are some well respected Scientists out there taking a very serious look at the data.

There is a house a couple of blocks from me that the owner has taken up the banner for the flat Earth in a big way. He literally has info on his walls like a billboard. Telling people to search for Flat Earth Clues online, and decorating with yard Art related to the subject. It is not a small group of believers, and it gets bigger all the time. People are waking up and asking questions. Though our Governments might not want a population of educated citizens asking questions. That leads to them being held accountable for their answers and actions. Can't have that. Is it really that indoctrinated into our psyche? That even us as citizens will do their job for them and peer pressure each other into staying in line.

They are not all Liars, so why the stigma? I guess as far as Conspiracy subjects go this is the big one. A lot does teeter on the edge of this one. If the Earth is Flat and still and the center of the Universe, who made it? God? Where does that put NASA and their billions for fake pictures? A lot depends on the Globe Model.

I do not know what I truly believe. I'm not fully on board or committed to either team. That beautiful inch deep mirror "lake" salt flat in Bolivia 100x80 miles that you can see the mountains on the other side 100 miles away, is puzzle on its own.!? The water stays mirror smooth, while spinning 1000 miles and hour?! Because Gravity. "What actually is gravity?" Ummm yeah About that... We don't really know, but yeah Gravity settled Science. Are you stupid? Everybody knows about gravity.

That being said, I am not here to argue if the Earth is flat or not. I am sorry to go off topic but I just really don't understand where the Stigma and hostility that accompanies certain subjects. While I might not 100% support the idea behind a topic, I will always do my part to make sure we all have the right to be an idiot and believe the Flat Earth if we choose.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Explain what happens to ships when they get out of sight. Do they sink and then they unsink when they come back? No. It´s the earths curvature. That´s why it´s in LOL, come on this has nothing to do with an open mind but that the brains fell out.

I guess when I fly in a plane, it´s a hologram or a display integrated into the plane window...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

you find that there are some well respected Scientists out there taking a very serious look at the data.

name one

as for the rest of your rant :

UTTER BOLLOX

is the polite response

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Another simple video showing the curvature of the earth.

Looks nice there I may visit.

Love for anyone to attempt to refuter this.
edit on 13-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

OK, explain why that same ship that just went beyond the Curve of the horizon can be brought back into view with a telescopic lens? The lens doesn't physically move the observer or the ship so how can it see the ship if it just went past the curve?

This is another good example of why I'm not convinced either way. Points are made and counter points are made. Our lives are always changing, each day we learn new things. Sometimes we learn today that what we thought yesterday was truth is actually false. If we are in a constant state of change why be so rigid on this subject? If you actually think about it most of what we are taught is designed by people who would benefit from us believing it.

This can go back and forth all day. I'm not here to argue proofs. I'm simply questioning the associated stigma.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Still waiting for your evidence. Your very first sentence was "debunked" before you could even post it by TheKnightofDoom´s video above your post. The guy in the video shows you while zoomed in, what do you say now?

If you don´t argue proof, then you will stay in your between world, where the earth is both flat and round. That´s just ignorant and I´ll leave you with that. Good luck the next time you come near the border, don´t fall down.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I never said it wasn't measurable. I said it was negligible and unnoticable to the human eye.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

We were talking about amateur footage, NASA footage obviously shows curvature.
edit on 13-10-2016 by PoetryInMotion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PoetryInMotion

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: icyboy771z

Anyone with a deeper understanding of the subject care to explain, and is there absolute proof that
the Earth is round?

Polaris completely debunks a flat earth.

Can you explain how it does that?

It's quite simple.

Once you got far enough south, the "bulge" of the globe will eventually prevent you viewing Polaris.

This will explain it better than I can

And the same can be done in reverse with Sigma Octantis, even though it's not as bright.
edit on 13102016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

so you actually accept that the earth is an oblate spheroid then

thankyou for the confirmation that you are trolling

ytuebrit is interested in accuracy - hence his post - you are not hence yours :

The oblateness is negligible. You just like the sound of it.

the rabies virus is unoticable to the human eye - but it is still real

PS - the fact that you have abandoned your polaris // perspective delusions is noted

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join