It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy explains flat Earth theory convincingly and how round earth proof aren't absolute

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: icyboy771z

Common "proofs"? So you believe the earth is flat?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

My reply is based on what is and can be observed. Yours, if you were being serious, was not. To argue against a proven fact, which has scores of evidence, using a your made up assumption (which cannot be proven), is not valid argument. That was my point.

Unless you were only joking about higher dimensional beings and using that as an exaggeration of the ridiculousness of a flat earth theory, then fair enough. Otherwise, I stand by my reply.

you can not make it move no matter how much you flog it.

If you ignore the overwhelming evidence that the Earth is round, then yes, sticking one's fingers in one's ears and shouting 'La la la' will not make this move, agreed.
edit on 13-10-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

i feel the flat earth theory is abit stupid. i beilve in werid stuff hence being on this site. are we not intelligent enough to know it is round?

can somone asnwer me this questions - wether ammature or profesional astronomers look out of their telescopes and see round planets eveywhere, why is earth flat and not round like the rest of them.?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: swanne

So the shadow of the earth is not being casted at the moon, "eh"?

Yes it is - during Lunar Eclipses.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Actually I am not the one sticking my finger in my ear's though sometime's in private it may stray to an itchy nostril or two.

Actually I do not believe the earth is otherwise than a semi spheroid orbiting a mid cycle G2 yellow dwarf somewhere in the outer half of the spiral arm of the milky way galaxy.

Rather my point was that point of view is relative to a person's perspective as indeed is there interpretation of the universe itself so I was taking the middle ground.

Scientific proof also is though legal terminology is not actually science and I have had that debate elsewhere as it revolves around the nature of the word proof, in science proof is not as it is in mathematics or law but rather the empirical principle or repeatable result and observation providing SUPPORTING data to build a feasible model or criteria for a theoretical explanation to be posited.

Proof therefore is not the correct SCIENTIFIC statement, SUPPORTING EVIDENCE is.

And though I have obviously encountered many on this site that think they know better the fact remain's that it is a scientific TENET (Latin for held or law) that no theory is ever PROVABLE and can only ever be supported but any theory can be disproved, this became a nightmare for some once they got into the realm of quantum mechanic's and theory as how can you ever determine the exact location of a particle, is a photon a wave or a particle and can that particle if it is a particle move between parallel reality's etc so they coined the term uncertainty and even better created the new idea Chaos Theory to deal with out of range result's that would otherwise undermine and effectively disprove several CHERISHED AND ESTABLISHED theoretical model's upon which many other's had been based with the result that the entire realm of high level theoretical physic's would have been earth quaked back to having to start again.

edit on 13-10-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Rather my point was that point of view is relative to a person's perspective as indeed is there interpretation of the universe itself so I was taking the middle ground.

Yes, but you were taking the perspective of an imaginary, not-real, made up entity to create doubt where doubt is not needed.

I get the idea that differing points of view are how we move forward and engineer change and innovation, absolutely. But in this case, you can't argue from the point of view of something that isn't real. Like other dimensional beings.

At present, the observable phenomena all point to a non-flat, round(ish) Earth. There is nothing to suggest otherwise, unless you intentionally try to obscure the vey clear observations with unverifiable assumptions, like the perspective of a non-human participant.

I'm; not trying to be confrontational, but, if you were arguing from the flat-earth perspective, do you have actual observations that point to a flat earth which cannot be disproved by a 'round earth' observation?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hello Kitty says you are wrong she has seen it.

-

Also this doughnut...he saw things up there man....

edit on 13-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You´re right, I misunderstood your response.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Why is this in the LOL forum? Why does ATS staff always have to be so damn anal.

What claim was made, that is a lie?
edit on 13-10-2016 by PoetryInMotion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Anyone with a deeper understanding of the subject care to explain, and is there absolute proof that
the Earth is round?

Polaris completely debunks a flat earth.

Can you explain how it does that?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PoetryInMotion

The earth is an oblate spheroid.

The video and premise of the thread, is that it is in fact a disk. This is clearly bogus, and a lie. Ergo, it is a Ludicrous Online Lie, belonging therefore, in the LOL forum.

The legitness is real.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

certainly - thread

point 2 - but read all my responses // OP

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The video and premise of the thread, is that it is in fact a disk.

Not that is not the premise.

I like to believe the the Earth is round, but I would have to side him that the "proofs" we have for a round earth aren't actually proofs if we used a Flat Earth model with much closer stars and sun as explained in the video.

What is the lie here?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

did you miss the claims in the OP ????????????????

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Explain in this thread why Polaris debunks flat earth.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

FFS - the OP uses an online " source " that is patently lying - ergo - LOL

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Point out the claims that are lies.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

WHY ?? - I explain it in my own thread - why are you trying to waste my time ?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Anyone that's ever worked in supply chain / shipping for a living would never buy this crap fr a second. Great entertainment though.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I am wasting your time? I asked another poster to explain his claim, made in this thread. If you want in you better do some work here instead of linking to other threads.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join