It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Trends Among Black Folks Due To "Racial" Divide.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I don't believe that racial segregation is the answer. Ignoring the problem certainly won't fix it either. People need to realize that institutionalized racism is a very real thing, it isn't a problem of 'whiteness' it's a problem of majority privilege.

The majority needs to recognize that it carries privileges and that the minority (of several varieties) don't enjoy nearly all that is automatically granted to the majority.

When that happens, divisions will stop.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

My University invited speakers at our annual black Heritage Festival that preached enslaving and wiping out white people to which the black students all cheered and clapped.

And shame on them if that was indeed they were applauding, unpopular speech and speakers should be allowed as in the past you would have White Supremacist types giving speeches with the applause of some of White student body.
The bad thing is, censorship today is such that anything that makes us uncomfortable is removed instead of confronted , however this is different than , bullying or harassment.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The majority needs to recognize that it carries privileges and that the minority (of several varieties) don't enjoy nearly all that is automatically granted to the majority. When that happens, divisions will stop.

Oh Dear Goddess you said the P word in conjunction with White, not good, not good at all White Privileges is a myth that's what your detractors will say, and should not be stated as long as there are whites who are just getting by or as broke as any broke AAs or others, be prepared to be pelted with verbal rocks.
edit on 12-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It saddens me when I see folks talk about things like white privilege, or imply that a "majority" owes something to another group.

Seems the privilege bus forgot to pick up a third or so of the white folks... do those people struggling to make ends meet owe something just because of their skin pigmentation?

What about the ones who's parents were coal miners, or carpenters... that insisted their kids get a degree before hitting the business world, and over the course of their lives those kids clawed their way into the middle class... do they "owe" someone?

How about the military people

E-1 2 years or less$1,566.93 a month
Military pay Do these poor SOB's that can be sent to some S$%^ hole a stan to be shot and or blown up "owe" someone?

If you want people to back your play stop using vague general descriptions for large segments of society and actually talk about the people you have a beef with... Kind of like how many people rightly say blaming all blacks for the criminal actions of a few is wrong... or all muslims for the acts of small extreme portion of their numbers is wrong.

Not all white people came from happy homes with multi-millionaire parents that went to the best schools to learn the secret handshake that always lands you the cush 6 figure a year jobs.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
At least we can all agree that men are better than women because we can pee standing up.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Do you think it's helpful to black youth to grow up hating (or being told to) white people, attending a black only college, and then attempting to segregate into the real world?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Do you think it's helpful to black youth to grow up hating (or being told to) white people, attending a black only college, and then attempting to segregate into the real world?

No I don't think self segregation is helpful, however if they believe they are being ostracized from society at every turn based on what I posted on pg 1 with the links , they are saying that integration has failed and unlike their parents they are willing to walk rather than fight, then by almost default that will be their next go to move , now keep in mind it's a trend, so hopefully it will not be permanent but that's what it is of as now.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Obama has essentially ruined race relations. I know this story is anecdotal, but it's a good representation of what black people are being sold. I grew up in a small town in the country. We didn't have many black kids at my school, one of the three was a girl that I briefly dated and she was involved in sports and had the same HS experience as any of the white people. She came to parties dressed preppy etc... she went to college and had a hard time fitting in, joined a black sorority and now routinely posts racially charged and sometimes graphic images (white cops being killed etc). My point it she was made into this by her liberal schooling and her sorority, she didn't grow up like that. She was taught that she is a victim and people with a different skin color are to blame and she actually believes that.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

No I don't believe Obama ruined any such thing, I wish people would stop that, pls fault the man for stuff he actually did do, what made race relations difficult were a combination of things , recording devices , social media, and the fact that he got elected, what do you think happened to all those hard and soft core racist??..that they just up and disappeared??. c'mon man.
They got organized they wormed their way into many positions in politics,law enforcement and yes I can back that up, upon request.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Self-segregating will only make matters worse. It's not a good idea.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: mazzroth

When your going for a job don't act like your back on the block with attitude, show respect and talk in a calm respectful manner. Then perhaps you'll get respect and actually be in a chance for the job, instead of the interviewing thinking that this guy is goiung to be nothing but trouble. So many times now I keep seeing the Darker Skinned races just looking for the most minute of excuse to fire up and drop the race card again and again.

Well said ....

Ten people up for a job, all with similar qualifications all equally qualified.

Five of them are black, five of them white ... A white person gets the job

the other four white people say to themselves "better luck to me next time

and i will make a bit more effort in whatever direction next time".

The five black people say to themselves "It was because I was black!"

so we just make stuff up now huh.
nice

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The problem I see is that the majority of people like to take the easy lazy route and blame everything on racism when sometimes people are just @holes.

Alot of the same things happen to white people as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I had assumed you had posted from the US, but I see you are actually in

Japan? This being an international board there must be variations on subjects

discussed, and I was posting from a UK viewpoint.

TV which should give a reasonable indication of the disbursement of employment

v colour. On news, reporting,discussions and live programmes it seems to me we

have a fair mix.

Moving on to real life doctors dentists hospitals and retail etc. again a fair mix

so I can only speak as i find.

Edit to add whats it like in Japan?
edit on 12-10-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Kali74

The majority needs to recognize that it carries privileges and that the minority (of several varieties) don't enjoy nearly all that is automatically granted to the majority. When that happens, divisions will stop.

Oh Dear Goddess you said the P word in conjunction with White, not good, not good at all White Privileges is a myth that's what your detractors will say, and should not be stated as long as there are whites who are just getting by or as broke as any broke AAs or others, be prepared to be pelted with verbal rocks.

I know my post will be seen that way but I really didn't. I said majority privilege. Behavioral traits can't be attributed to a skin color, only humanity. People belonging to a minority shouldn't be any quicker to attribute a bad behavior to white people any more than white people should assign negative stereotypes to minority people. In the West it is perfectly appropriate to assign majority status to white people but the emphasis of majority shouldn't be ignored.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

The problem I see is that the majority of people like to take the easy lazy route and blame everything on racism when sometimes people are just @holes.

Alot of the same things happen to white people as well.

No everything is not racism, however there are real racism involved here much of it subtle until recently more in your face , the reaction to it in this case maybe self defeating ,even if one obtain economic success through it can't be any fun locking one's self in a golden ghetto looking inwards, being suspicious of others.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

From another thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I had assumed you had posted from the US, but I see you are actually in

Japan? This being an international board there must be variations on subjects

discussed, and I was posting from a UK viewpoint.

TV which should give a reasonable indication of the disbursement of employment

v colour. On news, reporting,discussions and live programmes it seems to me we

have a fair mix.

Moving on to real life doctors dentists hospitals and retail etc. again a fair mix

so I can only speak as i find.

Edit to add whats it like in Japan?

Not bad actually, that's why I stated that American expats abroad are at their most American in a foreign nation and that's in a good way, a lot of the other stuff falls away, yes we argue about politics back home and ball games but we faced similar situations raising kids and what not we are more tight kit often leaning on each other for support, I wished more Americans would get out more.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
There is another way to present what you describe in the OP.

Young black US citizens who are descendants of black African slaves today identify more with the political and social philosophy of Malcom X than that of the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. They look at the results of decades of attempting to end segregation and see that their communities are in many ways worse off today than they were at the time of Malcom X and Martin Luther King, Jr. (But they lack the experience of age to understand the ways in which they are better off today in comparison to yesteryear.) They continue to experience incidents of behaviour by non-blacks toward them that make them question whether or not their people can coexist with the dominant group.

Malcom X's position was for the creation of a separate country within what was then the boundaries of the USA where all black people would move and from that area all non-black people would leave, and the new nation would make it or fail on its own without any involvement, support, or interference from white Europeans and their descendents. The Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. supported the entirely opposite idea of integration of communities.

It is that national idea of Malcom X that is once again gaining traction although it is taking a few different forms of expression. Whether or not it is wise or a workable idea I cannot evaluate critically, but my instinct tells me that this form of isolationism is detrimental to every culture group that has embraced it... if not at first, then later when their culture group falls behind other nations and peoples because the isolationism has terminated the cross-polinisation of ideas.
edit on 12/10/2016 by Kapriti because: clarity and spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

however there are real racism involved here much of it subtle until recently more in your face

No doubt, but I guarantee you that those same ignorant racist fools also discriminate and stereotype even among themselves.

The problem is that the racist card is too easily accepted and thrown, and when this happens the real issues are not fixed because you are trying to fix the symptom not the real problem.

The Police shooting is a good example. Police brutality has not only existed for ever, but has gotten worse despite going after racism . Why? because the real issue is not as simple as an issue about racism, but rather an issue about training,resources,expectations,protocols,power trips, and the Police versus civilian mentality.

The irresponsible throwing of the race card has done nothing but made racism worse not only for Non whites but whites as well. Why? Because most people get angry as the victim and most people get angry being labelled as the villain.Going back to segregation tactics is nothing but a horrible idea that will eventually lead to isolation and eventually the race war that the MSM wants.

We need to come together and stop pointing the finger at each other and switch the burden of proof to demonstrate it was racism , versus something else. We also need to drop the BS PC restrictions an be honest about the issues. Otherwise we will continue to go in circle on the issues that have existed for centuries.

edit on 151031America/ChicagoWed, 12 Oct 2016 09:15:22 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

Applause applause on point and well put, that more than anything I said summed it up ..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join