It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman fired spat on for being STRAIGHT

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish
Financial mismanagement is often a pre-indictment euphemism for embezzlement.

Two sides. At a minimum.

edit on 9/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Financial mismanagement is often a pre-indictment euphemism for embezzlement.

Yes, it's one of those irregular verbs:

* I have addressed some bookkeeping irregularities
* You are suspected of financial mismanagement
* He has embezzled 30% of the company's pension fund

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I really hate when someone is fired or not chosen for a positions, and people use their race or religion etc. as an excuse for why they didn't get what they wanted.

This is the first time I have seen someone using being straight as an excuse to garner sympathy because they were fired for legitimate reasons, but if that is happening here, I hate it just about the same.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Let this be a lesson to you :
Beware of intolerant people
who demand your tolerance.

S&F

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

Let this be a lesson to you :
Beware of intolerant people
who demand your tolerance.

S&F

Or maybe, beware people from whom you steal money.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: snarfbot

Until another source is found it is baseless at least to most British folk who know the daily fail.
encyclopediadramatica.se...

Heck we even have a musical about it.

www.timeout.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: snarfbot

Until another source is found it is baseless at least to most British folk who know the daily fail.
encyclopediadramatica.se...

I provided a different source that refutes the original claim.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

One of my all time fave headlines "IS THERE NO ONE LEFT IN BRITAIN WHO CAN MAKE A SANDWICH" or "WILL CHAVS GIVE BRITAIN'S SWANS SWINE FLU?" or "HAS BINGE DRINKING DESTROYED PENSIONERS?".

It is like your own national enquirer...to be taken with a large dash of salt oh and they hate anyone different.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish
I live in South Australia, where this story is breaking, so I can shed some light on it.

Cassandra Liebeknecht has not been fired for being straight. She has been suspended on full pay due to allegations of financial mismanagement.

FEAST Festival directors have insisted the show will go on next month in Adelaide despite suspending general manager Cassandra Liebeknecht, who is reportedly being investigated for alleged misconduct.

While confirming they had engaged a legal team, Feast directors would not be drawn on claims that Liebeknecht’s suspension was due to alleged mismanagement of finances.

“The Feast Board of Management is not in a position to comment about any internal investigations that may be currently underway,” the LGBTIQ arts festival’s directors said in a statement.

Liebeknecht did not respond when contacted by The Advertiser yesterday.

...Liebeknecht’s suspension on full pay followed an emergency board meeting last Friday after turmoil around Feast’s new city “queer cultural hub” at Raj House in Hyde Street.

Members of the broader arts community had hit out at the festival on social media saying Feast had reneged on a deal to work with the building’s previous tenants Tuxedo Cat.

The appointment of a straight general manager to a LGBTIQ arts festival was always going to be controversial, and Australia's LGBTIQ community does have a tiny handful of heterophobic voices. So I would not be surprised if Liebeknecht had copped a bit of abuse on that basis.

However, none of this has anything to do with her suspension, which is perfectly reasonable. Liebeknecht's attempt to spin this entire issue as an attack on her sexuality is pathetic and disgusting.

Ah so the other side comes out now good find
Well who to believe? until I see a better source from the OP I think she is just gotten sour grapes.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Phage
.. because everybody knows they secretly hate straight people.

Then they should drop the "B" in their abbreviation..

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The Daily Mail have a tendency to misreport anything which is not, in and of itself, sensational.

Therefore, until I hear from some other news sources about this same exact matter, more to the point, until I hear from some news sources which are not the favourite of ones local conservative club chairman, I will be withholding opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

You lost me there Phage.
I don't steal money,
I make it.

Oh, but of course,
there must have been an
ulterior motive.
Could never have been
intolerance.
Never.

HooHaa
edit on 21-9-2016 by Wildmanimal because: add content

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

You lost me there Phage. I don't steal money, I make it.

I really must have lost you.
And you really must ignore a lot of what's posted in the threads you post in.

edit on 9/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Lets be nice.
Scientific minds should
be Unbiased.
With neither of us knowing
all the facts,
it would be without merit
for one to take a firm position.
Especially those hypothesis
that lead to opposition,
arrogance, and dis encouragement.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Scientific minds should
be Unbiased.
Ideally, any mind should be unbiased and not leap to conclusions.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Agreed.
Star to you.

Unfortunately the "ideal'
is not only fleeting,
but often absent.
edit on 21-9-2016 by Wildmanimal because: add content

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

I suppose she didn't really get "fired", but suspended with full pay. It kind of makes sense to have an LGBTQ person in this role.

why does it make sense? The LGBTQ community along with the 3rd wave and SJW community one of the biggest punch lines is equality, where is the equality here, why are they using violence towards this woman, why are they using online bullying and harrasment one of the biggest agendas trolled by these three groups of people.
why are they threatening her children, all of these things a fellow 3rd wave feminist would never allow and preaches against, quite the connundrum they have here. it will be great to see how this plays out on the international stage.
the regressive left have yet again slipped further down the slope.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

I suppose she didn't really get "fired", but suspended with full pay. It kind of makes sense to have an LGBTQ person in this role.

Try to imagine the existence of a 'straight parade'.
Then imagine telling an LGBTQ person that they are not qualified to lead it due to their sexual orientation.

edit on b000000302016-09-21T04:13:14-05:0004America/ChicagoWed, 21 Sep 2016 04:13:14 -0500400000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
She wasn't leading any parade.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The Daily Mail have a tendency to misreport anything which is not, in and of itself, sensational.

Therefore, until I hear from some other news sources about this same exact matter, more to the point, until I hear from some news sources which are not the favourite of ones local conservative club chairman, I will be withholding opinion.

I already posted a link to an alternative source that debunks the original claim.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join