It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the French immune to the Mandela Effect?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: barefootsoldier
Perhaps English-speaking people are just more prone, when they are quoting or referencing a line, to add the name of the person being addressed.
Hence well-known "misquotations" like "Play it again, SAM", "Beam me up SCOTTY", "Elementary, MY DEAR WATSON". (There was also "Aargh, JIM LAD" in Eric Morecambe's imitation of Long John Silver).
The addition of the name of "Luke" to people's memories simply fits into that pattern. It makes the line more "quotable".

edit on 5-9-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Maybe, if you go back 6 or 7 years.
In the past 6 months?

Seems a number of people who find things are not as they remember them feel a need to start a thread about it.

edit on 9/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Phage

There are too many examples to really ignore this.

Not really.
But there are too many threads.

I haven't yet counted, but is in the low hundrerds. A few have been debunked. Especially companies changing logos (I think except for Volkswagon).

In my reality it's "Volkswagen" so this must be a bona fide example of the Mandela Effect.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Maybe, if you go back 6 or 7 years.
In the past 6 months?

Seems a number of people who find things are not as they remember them feel a need to start a thread about it.

More people have read about the ME and then they look around the internet and think 'wow, I thought that had changed'. Some of them are members here, so they start a thread.

It results in multiple threads due to the many categories in the ME.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Yes, just like the rest of us.

I have come to the conclusion that most of our faulty memory isn't actually faulty, rather than what we have been told by the media. For example, how many times has the line Luke ...I am your father been used in other T.V programmes, particularly comedy sketch shows. We probably see the film 3 or 4 times, but have heard that particular line 10 or 20 times on other T.V programmes. It's not faulty memory, it's watching too much T.V.

How anyone doesn't remember Nelson Mandela being President of South Africa, demonstrates their ignorance of World events. They were probably stoned off their faces between 1994-1999.

He became a World celebrity, but NO, there are people swear the great man died in prison. Ridiculous.

James Earl Jones has recited the line in interviews as "Luke I am your Father.", I certainly know it is 'Mirror, mirror on the wall."..having seen the movie as a child in the theater and watched to about 1000 x with my daughter.

As for Mandela, I am not big on 'being stoned off my face', especially then. I was pregnant in 1996, so that would be a NO NO. I can remember news reports and a funeral and I am not confusing him with someone else.

Seriously if you cannot remember Mandela being President, then sorry, you must have not been paying attention.

I too remember his funeral, only it was in 2013.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Not really.

I haven't yet counted, but is in the low hundrerds. A few have been debunked. Especially companies changing logos (I think except for Volkswagon).

In my reality it's "Volkswagen" so this must be a bona fide example of the Mandela Effect.

No, that was a typo on my part.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

One category; "things are different than I remember them."

But it is, indeed, quite the meme.

edit on 9/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Yes, just like the rest of us.

I have come to the conclusion that most of our faulty memory isn't actually faulty, rather than what we have been told by the media. For example, how many times has the line Luke ...I am your father been used in other T.V programmes, particularly comedy sketch shows. We probably see the film 3 or 4 times, but have heard that particular line 10 or 20 times on other T.V programmes. It's not faulty memory, it's watching too much T.V.

How anyone doesn't remember Nelson Mandela being President of South Africa, demonstrates their ignorance of World events. They were probably stoned off their faces between 1994-1999.

He became a World celebrity, but NO, there are people swear the great man died in prison. Ridiculous.

James Earl Jones has recited the line in interviews as "Luke I am your Father.", I certainly know it is 'Mirror, mirror on the wall."..having seen the movie as a child in the theater and watched to about 1000 x with my daughter.

As for Mandela, I am not big on 'being stoned off my face', especially then. I was pregnant in 1996, so that would be a NO NO. I can remember news reports and a funeral and I am not confusing him with someone else.

Seriously if you cannot remember Mandela being President, then sorry, you must have not been paying attention.

I too remember his funeral, only it was in 2013.

I was paying attention. Simply because you remember it happeneing in 2013, and never before that, does not mean you are right either.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So, who was the President of South Africa? Since you were paying attention?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

One category; "things are different than I remember them."

That is like saying all fact finding threads about 911 should be merged into one giant thread.
It has it's own forum.

Thusly, Mansdela Effect threads are supposed to go in Skunk Works (or grey area- not sure if the mods said only Skunk Works).
This thread has been moved from General Conspiracies to Skunk Works.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Not really.

No, that was a typo on my part.

Whoosh!!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Thusly, Mansdela Effect threads are supposed to go in Skunk Works (or grey area- not sure if the mods said only Skunk Works).

Skunk Works is where claims that have no evidence go. A place where no evidence is required.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

So, who was the President of South Africa? Since you were paying attention?

I don't know. I don't know who the president of SA is now. I didn't google it on purpose. I do remember the funeral being on television, and that he died in prison. Maybe his wife?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I do remember the funeral being on television, and that he died in prison.

It wasn't.
He didn't.

You remember someone else.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I do remember the funeral being on television, and that he died in prison.

It wasn't.
He didn't.

You remember someone else.

No, I don't.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Skunk Works is where claims that have no evidence go. A place where no evidence is required.

That is not ALL it is.

ATS Skunk Works: This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

edit on 5-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Not really.

Lots of examples proving the research that human memory does not work like a video machine, human memory is flawed, human memory does not work like a memory chip, our memories are reconstruct, humans are influenced by suggestion and current events, eyewitness accounts are unreliable, eyewitness are impressionable, eye witnesses can be manipulated.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

That is not ALL it is.

ATS Skunk Works: This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Pretty much is:

This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That is not ALL it is.

Pretty much is:

This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts

You took 1 sentence out of a paragraph. There are several where 'residual evidence' was found to show something changed. There is at least one where most of the people here that deny the ME could ever be real, responded that the particular topic is not how they remembered it and that if might give the ME some weight.

The threads attempt to gather some evidence through various soures. A few are successful. Most are not.

My memory is not THAT bad. A lot of people are becoming interested in the topic, knowing their memories are NOT THAT bad. Not infallible, not perfect, but not awful.
edit on 5-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The threads attempt to gather some evidence through various soures. A few are successful.

You seem to have a different definition of evidence.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join