It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want you to teach me something that I desperately need

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

You should set healthy boundaries with people, especially at work. People need boundaries on what they can / cannot do. Yes, it's important to have those connections but it's also very important for people to learn their limits on your kindness. It's so hard to set these limits at times because you don't want to come off as unapproachable or off putting. But everyone in your life needs healthy boundaries. Hopefully this helps

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JaneLane1991

Yes I experienced this by learning to say no some years ago and that year my life really shifted to the positive side. The important thing is you really start to see people are pushing themselves (which is not needed) to seem "good" to you when you say no because the situation is not suitable for you.

Thanks for the tip =)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Michielli

I told him to go away but still writting I don't know why =)

The thing is, when we ignore those people they multiply. We need to put a stop to this. Thats why I never hold my words back to this kind of people in real life and they just get what they deserve usually. I guess he is here just to fulfill his egoistic needs. Anyways; nothing to see here. lol =)
edit on 1-9-2016 by belkide because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2016 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

a reply to: BELKIDE

I told him to go away but still writting I don't know why =) The thing is, when we ignore those people they multiply. We need to put a stop to this. Thats why I never hold my words back to this kind of people in real life and they just get what they deserve usually. I guess he is here just to fulfill his egoistic needs. Anyways; nothing to see here. lol =)

I'm a pretty nice, helpful, not looking for conflict person but sometimes someone makes it impossible for me to not tell them off. His posts were useless and unhelpful. The only thing he's trying to do is police you for no reason other than he thinks it makes him look authoritative to say "you need to grow up..." And I would have just ignored him but he dicided to single me out and tell me what I needed to be doing as well as insult my suggestions to you by calling them creeps' manuals. So I told him what he could do with that and blah.

Did you find a copy of any of the books I recommended by the way?

edit on 9 1 2016 by Michielli because: Because I can...

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Hello again. Sorry for the delay =)

Yes I am getting the book I mentioned then I will try the other ones.

Btw I made some achievement in my self-study and I am keeping the toxic people away from myself whether they are the people I work with or sometimes I have to get close to because of work. Plus; I started to not give that much importance to their toxic behaviour. Managing my inner peace now.

Love

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Be quiet, let them talk and just shut yourself up and make a thinking face. Let them think you have too much to say, thats why you prefer to be silent. People are all asses in the most amount, so when they talk and give you a pile of #, simply listen and imagine there is a wall in front of you, real transparent wall, make oour of bricks, you can picture it rapidly building when you need some shield from people's poison, just build it and imagine all theier negative energy is staying there, behind that wall, tnothing reaches you. I used yo see their poision, like a snake posion just hitting the glass briks and going down.. i almoust laugh)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MariaConsuelo

I do that, not a wall but I imagine myself in a bubble =) And you are very right. I seen them trying to even excuse about what they were trying to say just because I had a thinking face and not saying anything. Its very useful to bring the other person's inner self out.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: belkide

Hello again. Sorry for the delay =)

Yes I am getting the book I mentioned then I will try the other ones.

Btw I made some achievement in my self-study and I am keeping the toxic people away from myself whether they are the people I work with or sometimes I have to get close to because of work. Plus; I started to not give that much importance to their toxic behaviour. Managing my inner peace now.

Love

Yeah. Better not to feed the gremlins after midnight. Glad you found some peace. Sometimes I think of things like this as a kind of Zen mind training game and it makes it so much easier to remain in a peaceful zone. Just remember that no one "makes" you feel anything emotionally. The feeling, whatever it is, is arriving either because you have a trigger set up in your psyche or because you made a decision to feel that way. Once you SEE that in yourself it's much easier to deprogram the trigger or just decide no one is allowed to own your emotions. cheers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join