It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Commits Suicide In Fear Of Being Called RACIST

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:
(post by JAY1980 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

They are creating an environment so stressful it can barely be survived. The hypocrisy of their ever changing policies is confusing and stressful even for most adults. Teenagers have enough to deal with just being teenagers.

I love how you put this. Stressful. Thats the word for it. I'm fortunate in that my schooling days are long gone, I work on construction sites which are somewhat insulated from politically correct madness and usually when my wife and I go out into the world it is with our son to do something kid-friendly so we don't have it in our face all that much.

Even though I don't have to directly deal with it on a regular basis, even just hearing about some people out there causes me to feel stressed. And you are correct that the "rules" are "ever changing." Literally from one day to the next it seems to be anybody's guess as to what is NOW considered offensive, insulting, racist, etc.

Our son is in private school which hopefully will provide some insulation from the madness, the sickness. Even with that, I'm not looking forward to helping/guiding him through all the nonsense. To be candid, when I let my mind wander a bit, I get pretty ticked off that this is even a "thing" that I will have to converse with him as he grows up. There are so many other important things and quite frankly more pleasant and enjoyable things that we can be doing. It's gotten (almost) out of control.

I wish I commanded the proper vocabulary to explain what I think is going on out there.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

lol

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

ETA:
I actually had a girlfriend that was exactly like the woman(more like child) in the video of the OP. Even had the same condescending tone as well. I do believe that is taught in gender studies class.

Maybe you just can't handle a strong, independent woman. I'm sure there are a few obedient women on christian mingle still... Maybe order one? I hear the green card marriage route is an excellent way to control a woman...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The lowest of the low sinks to a new low. Exploiting the suicide of a child? Only alt-right scum would do such a thing. Fragile little shmucks flinging poo because they're the ones wanting everywhere to be safe place for their hatred off all things not white and male.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Her parents must be so proud.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
This right here ... pure sensationalist BS.

Even the utterly biased "article" linked in the OP makes it clear that the young lady was troubled.

Yet, this tragedy is used to harp on racial tensions, even while hypocritically pretending to be concerned with them.

Bitter f-ing irony there.

First off, I feel terrible for the loves ones of this girl, and wish he best for them.

I agree with you that there is too little evidence to pin her actions on one thing, and trying to make it political is bad. Poeple could politicize any suicide if they wanted, and I think it is not logical and is indeed harmful.

Having said that, I assume that you and everyone on here are equally appalled when we here how transgenders kill themselves because of the bullying they receive, or other groups such as that. Yet we here this from all manner of progressives, including mainstream ones all of the time. When the left makes these arguments, aren't they doing exactly what you are criticizing here? Can we agree that this type of pandering is wrong coming from any side?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
That is tragic. And it might very well be true that a young woman killed herself because she feared being branded as a racist by unscrupulous moralists. There may have been some other reason or combination thereof, but being labelled racist is ruinous to a reputation, and it would be ridiculous to rule it out especially given the investigation—unless of course you just wanted to sweep these things under the carpet for the purpose of your own feelings.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
After going through a handful of the responses here, I find it interesting that people immediately try to shame me for posting this. I also find it funny how many ad-hom attacks are.

It's also telling seeing how many people are acting as if I am the one that magically made up the connection to her fear of being bullied for being a racist, when this article clearly quotes her loved ones as stating so.

The level of mental gymnastics going on here is incredible. It is right out of the playbook, discredit the source/messenger in order to deflect from the topic at hand.

I will have to let my extended Mexican family know that I am now a neo-Nazi alt-right racist.

You guys are hilarious!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Boadicea

I think, most likely, as others have said, there was a lot more going on with this young woman than is being shared in these articles.

I'm not going to pretend I know exactly what was going on in her troubled psyche, but from the outside it looks like a pretty straightforward case of teenage insecurity and public humiliation taken to a tragic end.

I wouldn't say what she did was explicitly racist, but it certainly was uncouth, and once it got around I'm sure she was deeply embarrassed by it. Especially if this involved some boy she liked - it would be like someone got a hold of her journal and read her most personal thoughts to everyone at school, etc.

I don't think the article itself is even being particularly biased, maybe just too literal. Suicide obviously suggests some deep emotional imbalance, and if this had been a racy photograph for example, she probably would've been just as scared everyone would think she's a slut. That lack of context though allows political hacks to fill in the blanks with their deranged fantasies about PC culture and some faux war on whites they like to believe is real (mostly just to deflect from their own actual racism).

If we all wanted to have a real conversation here instead – we could discuss the way this incident shows how dangerous issues like public shaming, bullying, etc, are on young minds. This poor family lost their daughter because of it.

But I guess that would be a buzzkill for all the trolls who like to pick on fragile 16 year old “special snowflakes”, so they can let the internet know what giant testicles they apparently have (speaking of insecurities…)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

@OP - lucky for me I live in a predominantly white country with over 90 % of residents being slightly right oriented backwards rednecks. I think we will be fine for a while at least.

It's interesting, while your country has a tradition of racial tension...a race of the individual is hardly an issue where I come from. I guess my first sentence takes credit for that.

That IS interesting that your country is over 90% right orientated backward rednecks, because the Croatian women here in Canada (I know quite a few...) seem to date predominantly black men and other men of colour. Race of the individual is hardly an issue where I come from... as far the women are concerned.

I have been to Croatia. Beautiful land;beautiful women. However, I agree with you the vast majority of Croatian guys tend to behave and think in a Neanderthal kind of way, to say the least. I guess that explains my first sentence...

I notice your avatar message states "Bigot and Racist". I get the bigoted part. I'm bigoted against grown adults who daily commute their existence away with nothing to show for their efforts, and yet still have a lot to say on social media...

edit on 29-8-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

originally posted by: Winstonian
Our society trains people that white people are inherently racist.

As a white male I can positively say that no, it absolutely does not. What a bunch of hyperbolic tripe.

You're taking the tragic death of a 16-year old girl, who obviously had very serious underlying issues, and trying to politicize it to fit your delusional persecution complex?

This is getting beyond ridiculous: certain people here need a serious reality check, and you should frankly be ashamed of yourself.

Stop with the narcissistic victim fetishes and learn some friggin empathy. RIP to this poor young lady.

The lame stream media certainly does promote the idea that all white people are racists. The real truth is that they themselves are the true racists as are the entire DNC which was proven by their racist laden emails.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I wonder how many people are at a place in their life that they had actually planned on?

Today’s youth aren’t able to simply leave their problems at the playground.
Instead, their everywhere they go through their phones, tablets and video game consoles.

In school they're pushing you to do your dream, whatever you want to do. But (in) reality, that's not true.
You go outside...
This is a generation of people who are now saying, 'Wait a second, we thought this was over.
We were told this was over.
We thought we were moving forward and now we see the same old stuff happening.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Maybe her parents sent her to Bank Street School for Children?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

I have no problem with you posting this, I am just commenting on people saying this was in bad form and yet not batting an eye when they talk bout how bullys are responsible for transexual high suicide rates.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I have no problem with you posting this, I am just commenting on people saying this was in bad form and yet not batting an eye when they talk bout how bullys are responsible for transexual high suicide rates.

That's because if they allowed that stuff like this might have a negative psychological impact to this degree, then they would have to look at something very ugly in the mirror some of them, and it's much easier not to go there.

But I don't have to tell you that.

It is, of course, best if all the cards are just openly laid on the table though.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Aren't you trying to shame people who talk about race and women's issues?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Claiming that someone killed themselves because of years of actual bullying is not quite the same thing as claiming that someone killed themselves because of future possible bullying that they haven't even received yet, and might not ever receive in reality.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

But if using one for a political point is offensive, why isn't the other?

Also, we don't know the whole story on this girl, nor do we know the full story of just about anyone who kills themselves.

So for people to allow one of these situations and not the other seems hypocritical to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It seems like many teen suicides are the result of bullying, we don't know the extent to which this girl was bullied or if. It seems prudent to teach kids not to bully. It's odd the same crowd decrying "SJW" bullies cry pussification of our kids if the bullying is about gay or trans kids or non-white, non-Christian kids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join