It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religions of heaven and hell: What happens to Children who die?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Say for example I lost my 3 year old son who can barely speak or make decisions on his own.
I mean they can't deserve hell because he's way to young to be conscious of what's right and wrong, but he also didn't live long enough to do good deeds and earn paradise. The religions I know of that believe in heaven and hell are Judaism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism and Islam. What will happen to "my 3 year old son" according to those religions?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EveryUsernameWasTaken

Regardless of what some church's say in order to protect there congregation size any child regardless of whether or not they are baptised will go back to god, Jesus said to his apostle's "Let the little children come unto me", though I do believe to be a Christian you do still need to be baptised but more importantly is to believe in Jesus and his sacrifice on our behalf, his paying the price for our redemption and his sharing any suffering we or any one else on earth suffers and even more important than that is to try to live without harming other's and to love them as he has loved them (which may be the very hardest of all thing's to do).

That is Christianity, of other faith's I do not have the answer for you but believe being a Christian that this applies to all children as far as Christendom is concerned.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

What has been narrated concerning that is the hadeeth of Samurah ibn Jundub (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) often used to say to his companions: “Has anyone among you seen a dream?” and whoever Allaah willed would tell him what he had seen. One day he said: “Last night two people came to me and made me get up, and they said to me: ‘Let’s go.’ So I set off with them…” He mentioned things that he had seen, then he said: “We set off, and we came to a verdant garden, in which were all the colours of spring, where there was a man who was so tall that I could hardly see his head in the sky. Around the man was the largest number of children I had ever seen…” Then among things that the two angels explained to him was: “As for the tall man who was in the garden, that was Ibraaheem. As for the children who were around him, these are all the children who died in a state of fitrah.” One of the Muslims said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what about the children of the mushrikeen (Pagans)?” He said: “And the children of the mushrikeen.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (7047)(strong narration).

sunnah.com...

This hadeeth indicates that whoever dies before reaching the age of puberty is in Paradise under the care of Ibraaheem (Abraham) (pbuh).

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

All children are innocent.

"At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me."

- Matthew 18:1-5

"Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

- Matthew 19:13-14

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I believe children are not effected to hell depending on the age unless they are really evil to begin with. Today's world is becoming an exception. Too much brainwashing going on from propaganda to TV media. Now we have child soldiers. Those who use children as soldiers to rape and pillage are for sure going...

In before, don't blame the young. Look at the right vs wrong. This is why America is in deep shhs right now.
edit on 1-8-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Muslims also believe the soul enters the foetus after 120 days, if the mother has a miscarriage after this period the child will also go to paradise since it has been given a soul.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
In the Christian Bible, Hell is not mentioned in:

the creation account
the historical narrative
the poetical works
the accounts of many, many deaths
the Law, given through Moses
the denouncements against personal and/or national sins
the judgments against individuals and/or nations
the various prophecies about the future
the activities of the Devil, Satan, Lucifer
EXCEPT BY WAY OF BAD TRANSLATION

Hell is a 404

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yeah,I am going there!

If a holy warrior dies in battle, they get 72 virgins ... each.

So .... the children go to heaven and .....

I also wonder, if the holy warrior goes to heaven, looks upon the faces of the 72, and they all go baaaa, baaa.

Lol. and the holy warrior says, not what I was expecting but .... OK, they are cute.

Oh, and I detest political correctness, obviously.

P

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Not that many religions have a 'heaven and hell' and far be it from me to say what would happen to people in every particular situation. I believe in God and frankly, that is enough for me.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If any child is not baptized they end up in the first circle of hades. The lost children. Which is a level of hell. If you are christian i think it is purgatory.

Honestly religion is dumb.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The idea of the state of 'nothing' is something we're not meant to comprehend, so our our imaginations force us to contemplate and create the notions of an afterlife. Death is nothing but the return to nothing, what you're just now realizing while reading this, is the state of prebirth is in fact 'nothing' as anyone can ultimately describe it. What makes you think death is any different?

"Death is the release from all pain and complete cessation, beyond which our suffering will not follow. It will return us to that condition of tranquility, which we had enjoyed before we were born. Should anyone mourn the deceased, then he must also mourn the unborn." -Seneca
edit on 2-8-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
If any child is not baptized they end up in the first circle of hades. The lost children. Which is a level of hell. If you are christian i think it is purgatory.

Honestly religion is dumb.

You know whats dumb...

Someone who isnt a christian preaching christianity
Where do you get this info from

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
In the Christian Bible, Hell is not mentioned in:

the creation account
the historical narrative
the poetical works
the accounts of many, many deaths
the Law, given through Moses
the denouncements against personal and/or national sins
the judgments against individuals and/or nations
the various prophecies about the future
the activities of the Devil, Satan, Lucifer
EXCEPT BY WAY OF BAD TRANSLATION

Hell is a 404

No , Hell comes from the Hebrew word Sheol. Sheol was the pit into which criminals' bodies were thrown after they were put to death. Then the bodies were burned and covered there.Thus the term "hell" came into being in the Christian religion. To represent the "lake of fire" that IS mentioned many times in the Bible.
So not a "404"

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Someone who isnt a christian preaching christianity
Where do you get this info from

I think he confused "Inferno (Dante)" with the bible.

Inferno (pronounced [inˈfɛrno]; Italian for "Hell") is the first part of Dante Alighieri's 14th-century epic poem Divine Comedy. It is followed by Purgatorio and Paradiso. The Inferno tells the journey of Dante through Hell, guided by the ancient Roman poet Virgil. In the poem, Hell is depicted as nine circles of suffering located within the Earth; it is the "realm...of those who have rejected spiritual values by yielding to bestial appetites or violence, or by perverting their human intellect to fraud or malice against their fellowmen."[1] As an allegory, the Divine Comedy represents the journey of the soul toward God, with the Inferno describing the recognition and rejection of sin.[2]

Source

Peace

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I believe in the mirror so from my point of view any being that dies regardless of age will go thru the experience of what it created on all levels both good and bad (life review).

But the kid was 3 years old so I think that experience is mostly good. After that quarantine -> reincarnation or play around with the blessed ones for a while.
edit on 2-8-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hell is a condition that begins at around 18 months old - that is when one is cast out of paradise (heaven). That is why it says in the bible one must become as a child to enter the kingdom. The kingdom is here always but the mind is seeking for it elsewhere.
Don't worry though, death is the return to oneness anyway.

No one has to do good deeds to earn a place in heaven. It is the belief in 'good and bad' that prevents paradise from being known. Everything 'just is' until concepts like 'good and bad' are implanted. It is the concepts which removes one from paradise.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Catholicism tried to answer this one ages ago and was basically unable. The question for now lies outside the scope of revelation.

All we know is two things:

God so loved the world He sent His only Son; this is something a fiend would not do.

Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega. All answers can ultimately be found in His incarnation. For the things we do not understand for the time being, we are simply supposed to TRUST Him, like the way little children trust.
edit on 2-8-2016 by olddognewtricks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The Soul of the decedent will then gauge it's "growth" This is the "Life Review" as was mentioned.. Although the decedent only spent 3 'Earth Years' the Soul may have learned the lessons that it wanted/needed to learn for the growth, the reason the Soul incarnated into that particular body and at that particular 'time'... 49 days.

"You are NOT Your body..." Jesus The Chris†...

SPOILER•••••••••••••••••• SPOILER •••••••••••••••••••••••••• SPOILER •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••SPOILER

Guess who does 'The Judging'? You do.

Shalom

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: EveryUsernameWasTaken
Say for example I lost my 3 year old son who can barely speak or make decisions on his own.
I mean they can't deserve hell because he's way to young to be conscious of what's right and wrong, but he also didn't live long enough to do good deeds and earn paradise. The religions I know of that believe in heaven and hell are Judaism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism and Islam. What will happen to "my 3 year old son" according to those religions?

It is stated that to be adopted as sons of the Father in heaven through his son Jesus Christ, you have to come to him with the innocence of a child, because a child cannot take responsibility for its own actions. This means that when you repent of your sins, all of your sins will be put upon the Lord Jesus Christ, so that he becomes responsible for your sins as the sacrificial lamb instead of you. He atones for your sins instead of you. So even though it doesn't state the specific age you cease to become a child in God's eyes, it is made clear that when a child dies, they go to heaven.

(Matthew 18:1-6) "At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? [2] And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, [3] And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. [4] Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. [5] And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. [6] But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

edit on 2-8-2016 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just as the human justice system recognizes that children are not capable of taking full responsibility for their actions up to a certain point of maturity, so does God.

Children are children, childlike and innocent. This is why it is so important for them to have a pair of loving parents to raise them and prepare them to make those responsible decisions about life, the universe and everything.

A child who dies before he or she is ready and able to do this is innocent and the Bible indicates that God treats them as such.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join