It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireman Sam character is shown STANDING on a page of the Koran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So here in the UK we have a kids cartoon show called fireman Sam.. i remember watching this show as a kid.

Well it turns out our beloved Sam is a islamaphobe.. or so they say!

The makers of Fireman Sam have 'apologised unreservedly' after an episode showed a character standing on a page of the Koran. Eagled-eyed viewers claim the episode 'Troubled Waters' of the children's television classic is Islamophobic because it showed bumbling character 'Elvis' disrespecting the Muslim holy book. Channel 5, which aired the episode last month, has removed it from its online catch-up service.

Personally, i believe the cartoon designer should be aloud to draw whatever his heart desires. freedom of expression and all, and if you don't like it there are many other kids shows.. but i see how this could be seen "un-needed" for a kids program.

have a read and tell me what you think?

http: //www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3709281/Cartoon-chiefs-make-grovelling-apology-Fireman-Sam-character-shown-STANDING-page-Koran.html

I cant help thinking if this was a page from the bible, no one would bat an eye?
edit on 27-7-2016 by AMNicks because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

I cant help thinking if this was a page from the bible, no one would bat an eye?

May have something to do with Christians not bursting into a Mosque and beheading the Imam in front to a congregation.

Now, some followers of the Koran on the other hand......

Please NOTE...... I DIDN'T SAY ALL FOLLOWERS OF THE KORAN.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I am sick and tired of being called phobic for the dislike of an idea. Stuff your phobia up someone elses bum, I'm not scared, I just dont like it.

And this.. THIS IS WHY.

God - not literal - Damn it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

It is fear of Islamic extremist retaliation without a doubt. If your secure in your religion who cares. Itt was a drawing of a Koran it's not like someone was tearing pages out of a real book.
edit on 27-7-2016 by WhatGoldStandard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I like the idea of a conspiracy behind this..

I mean if you watch the video, its literately on screen for a 100th of a second.. and i dont believe for a second that some parent spotted that!

maybe this is all part of a hidden agenda? Place a page from the koran in a show, make it so no one can possibly see it.. then release the information, allow people to go up in flames about it.. show the repercussions of freedom of expression (designer loses job)

and before you know it everyone will fear not just talking about or depicting Islam, but they Muslims will have created an invincibility due to the political correctness of it all?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Perhaps the conspiracy is to get elvis killed so they don't have to pay a severance package.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What do you expect when you outsource the work to some Chinese production studio, they will of grabbed what to them would of been gibberish and probably seen as copyright free and quick to just fit to the right size and job done.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatGoldStandard

Perhaps the conspiracy is to get elvis killed so they don't have to pay a severance package.

by getting him to fly in to the WTC no less !!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

May have something to do with Christians not bursting into a Mosque and beheading the Imam in front to a congregation. Now, some followers of the Koran on the other hand......

Everyone, Shun the racist nay sayer....(SrC)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Thats show business for you, Even animated characters are being assassinated these days in the name of profit. His animated family will be sent an animated muffin basket, and his animated children will grow up as white supremisists, forever seeking revenge. Sad story....

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Reading through the tweets on twitter, its clear to see everyone is outraged at the muslim community for how vocal they've been about fireman Sam, but how quiet they've been in regards to the beheading in France..

Here's just a few tweets;

Paul Joseph Watson ‏@PrisonPlanet 4h4 hours ago When the next Islamic terror attack happens today, it's important we don't let it distract from the more important #FiremanSam scandal.

Furious Anger ((())) ‏@furiuos_anger 6h6 hours ago Good to see the Muslim council of Great Britain have their priorities right. #firemansam #koran. Didn't hear them condemn priest murder

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatGoldStandard

hahah
It's hilarious.. but sadly true.

afghanistanimation...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Dun dun dun. afghanistanimation maybe thats the conspiracy. Maybe all animation is afghan in origin and all animation based companies have been bringing us all down from the inside. What if pikachu is the next suicide bomber, we'd never see it coming.

Pokemon Go...a bit convinent...need i say more...
edit on 27-7-2016 by WhatGoldStandard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have a few questions about this:

1. Why is there a page of the Koran being carried on a tea tray to begin with?

2. The piece of paper that he is standing on looks blank. So how do we know it is the Koran and NOT a blank piece of paper (I saw picture did not watch episode)

The first thing we have to do is STOP bowing down to them!!!!! We are all equal in this world and when until we learn to treat each other exactly the same this will just continue to get worse.

We all need to show respect to each other!!! Problem solved!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I agree, the fact its there in the first place is questionable, but possibly due to the outsourcing of animation to a Chinese company who probably used a royalty free page clip.

the page he stands on isn't from the Koran, but as he slips the kicked up page is.

its clear people are becoming tired with the constant intrude on our rights. Muslims, along with some ethnic minority and female individuals are becoming professional victims.. Well people wont stand for it much longer.

How can we sympathize with people who are condemning freedom of speech but arent condemning mass murder in the name of their god?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
How ridiculous, who cares. It's not like they showed it being used in an outhouse or as paper to start a fire. Not that there is anything wrong with that, necessity could be their flying spaghetti monster's will at the moment and the radicals couldn't rub two brain cells together to know any different unless some imam told them how to think about it in a bad way.
edit on 27-7-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
Reading through the tweets on twitter, its clear to see everyone is outraged at the muslim community for how vocal they've been about fireman Sam, but how quiet they've been in regards to the beheading in France..

Here's just a few tweets;

Paul Joseph Watson ‏@PrisonPlanet 4h4 hours ago When the next Islamic terror attack happens today, it's important we don't let it distract from the more important #FiremanSam scandal.

Furious Anger ((())) ‏@furiuos_anger 6h6 hours ago Good to see the Muslim council of Great Britain have their priorities right. #firemansam #koran. Didn't hear them condemn priest murder

Excellent point, they can get on their soap boxes over cartoons but say nothing when their secret heroes go on a murderous rampage. The so called "moderate" Muslims find their voice real fast over doodles, shows they are paying attention and have the capacity to respond but fail for some reason, could it be they approve when they are silent?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I have tried to make a decent post in response to the OP but only vitriol and massive resentment starts to formulate into a paragraph about the hypocrisy of the precious little snow flakes of the religion of peace.
Best i don't comment,steam is coming from my ears.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Completely agree Southbeach, Its infuriating to say the least.. but in a sense its enlightening to understand that they would rather see necks cut than the name of their prophet tarnished, helps us see this religions true colors

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Society going bonkers. Good luck to all...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join